Mitchell Miller to Ak Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
He has admitted and accepted blame time and time again. Pretending doing it one more time is the make or break is just not reflective of the situation.

He needs to make a full accounting of what he has done and seem genuinely contrite. That is what Americans respond to. We hate BS lawyer written weasel fake statements which is the only thing Miller has ever done.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He needs to make a full accounting of what he has done and seem genuinely contrite. That is what Americans respond to. We hate BS lawyer written weasel fake statements which is the only thing Miller has ever done.

Mitchell Miller is a coward and a bully, full stop.

Until he stands at a podium and apologizes, taking full ownership of his actions - not issuing a statement through his lawyers or agent - he can enjoy his second chance playing in the middle of nowhere in RuZZia.

Why should he apologize? Is it so all the virtue signalers can feel good about themselves?
Miller legally paid his debt to society. Meanwhile he's banned from a league (the NHL) whose sponsors are complicit in the use of modern day slavery.......including child labor.
I mean who cares about trafficking and exploitation when you can cancel culture someone for his actions at 14!!
Is that what 'Americans' respond to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets4Life

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Why should he apologize? Is it so all the virtue signalers can feel good about themselves?
Miller legally paid his debt to society. Meanwhile he's banned from a league (the NHL) whose sponsors are complicit in the use of modern day slavery.......including child labor.
I mean who cares about trafficking and exploitation when you can cancel culture someone for his actions at 14!!

It's not "virtue signaling," it's doing the right thing.

He's not banned from the NHL - no one is willing to take the negative PR hit to sign him, that's why he's playing in RuZZia.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

First of all, it is his actions over several years. And he always seems to conveniently omit that.

Second, he doesn’t have to do anything. And obviously so far he is unwilling to do anything. But the only path to the NHL is genuine contrition for his horrific behavior. No NHL team wants the PR hit for signing a racist who has repeatedly abused a developmentally delayed kid. It kind of goes against the ”hockey is for everyone” message the NHL is putting out there.

Third, if you want to go after the NHL advertisers for their horrible behaviors, that is your prerogative, but it is way off topic.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
First of all, it is his actions over several years. And he always seems to conveniently omit that.

Second, he doesn’t have to do anything. And obviously so far he is unwilling to do anything. But the only path to the NHL is genuine contrition for his horrific behavior. No NHL team wants the PR hit for signing a racist who has repeatedly abused a developmentally delayed kid. It kind of goes against the ”hockey is for everyone” message the NHL is putting out there.

Third, if you want to go after the NHL advertisers for their horrible behaviors, that is your prerogative, but it is way off topic.

NHL sponsors are not off-topic. They prove the NHL and NHL fans exist in a bizarre self-righteous bubble where Miller's actions are deemed a PR nightmare, yet nobody gives a shit about the league's connection to slavery or trafficking.........which is infinitely, infinitely worse.

But welcome to the land of virtue signaling cancel culture... a special land where selective outrage, hypocrisy, gang mentality, two-facedness and public shaming (bullying) reign supreme.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Mitchell Miller is a coward and a bully, full stop.

Until he stands at a podium and apologizes, taking full ownership of his actions - not issuing a statement through his lawyers or agent - he can enjoy his second chance playing in the middle of nowhere in RuZZia.
Yes, one more apology. Surely that will do it. Then they will be ready. Again, it’s time to stop being dishonest and say it’s not about apologies or any steps taken or organizations volunteered with. Nobody is interested in the facts on what has occurred since he was sentenced in the justice system as there is constant misinformation being peddled.

Reactions: T1K and Jets4Life

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yes, one more apology. Surely that will do it. Then they will be ready. Again, it’s time to stop being dishonest and say it’s not about apologies or any steps taken or organizations volunteered with. Nobody is interested in the facts on what has occurred since he was sentenced in the justice system as there is constant misinformation being peddled.

he only apologized when he realized he needed to do it for the sake of his career. Yes he apologized only AFTER his agents told him to do it, he did not seriously apologise when the judge told him to do it and he did the bare minimum to educate himself after he was convicted. Remember even the judge took a run at him for his efforts.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
he only apologized when he realized he needed to do it for the sake of his career. Yes he apologized only AFTER his agents told him to do it, he did not seriously apologise when the judge told him to do it and he did the bare minimum to educate himself after he was convicted. Remember even the judge took a run at him for his efforts.
Right “sincere” vs. “convenient” apology. We don’t even know the guy. Let alone trying to judge his heart. We have actions. The actions that have been punished by law and the actions in the many years since. At this stage it’s hard for me to believe that any more time or any more statements or letters or apologies is going to be the difference.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

How is Miller any different that someone like Todd Bertuzzi, who did the crocodile tears act, then told Moore it was time to "move on," after ending his career. I I don't seem to recall Bertuzzi being blacklisted from the NHL, and he was 29 years old at the time.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Miller will never win over the people that will hear the victim's family's statements and form their own conclusions based around a person that they have never met or interacted with. I dunno why you assume Miller has just done nothing, according to his agent (a black man who took Miller on as a client, which he didn't have to do), he has done quite a bit.

People will of course just say "he's only doing this to try and make the incident go away, he doesn't mean anything by it" etc. etc. I doubt anyone here actually knows Miller personally, so who knows. But there is a lot of misinformation being spread. The "never apologized" is the big one that I see repeated ad nauseam. The most concrete truth I have to the situation is the family appears to hold a veto right over his ability to sign an NHL contract given the two separate teams that planned to bring in him and then retracted that following the family's statements. They will likely never forgive him and no amount of steps taken by Miller will likely be enough.

So that announcement was from over a year ago where he agreed to "work" with all this different organizations. Where was this announcement PRIOR to all the outcry?

That is the problem. He has given a lot of lip service to say what he will to learn from his past behavior but when people look at what he promises to do and what he actually does is where the problem starts.

I will use the Bruins as an example. They took him at his word that he had with some organizations to get educated on just why what he did was wrong--but the bruins and media called this organizations--they all said the same thing--accept with the original announcement, he had not more contact with the organizations he said he would use. And it sounds like he did it again with the announcement from last year, his agents have been in contact but not Miller

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

His interview to Business Online. I use Google Translate, too lazy to translate it myself, and Google probably speaks better English than me anyway...

"This guy was actually one of my friends in class. We had a common company with whom we spent a lot of time. We played football together and spent a lot of time together since childhood. It all happened at a basketball game at school. We treated the guy very badly, hurt him, bullied him, which I still regret to this day. Then we didn’t think about how cruel, wrong and stupid it was. In total, there were three people in the situation, two of whom went to trial."

"Then they wrote that at the trial I looked indifferent. But at 14 years old it’s also hard to end up in court after all these proceedings. I guess at the time I didn’t even understand what was happening. I stood there and didn’t know what to say, I just froze. A very difficult moment for me and for the whole family. My sister and brother studied at the same school, and they were also reminded of this for a long time."

"Some media wrote that I did not apologize, although I apologized several times both in court in person and in writing. If I had the opportunity to go back and change the situation, of course I would. In a month I’m 22, 8 years have passed, and it’s still hard for me, I still want to change everything."

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

His interview to Business Online. I use Google Translate, too lazy to translate it myself, and Google probably speaks better English than me anyway...

"This guy was actually one of my friends in class. We had a common company with whom we spent a lot of time. We played football together and spent a lot of time together since childhood. It all happened at a basketball game at school. We treated the guy very badly, hurt him, bullied him, which I still regret to this day. Then we didn’t think about how cruel, wrong and stupid it was. In total, there were three people in the situation, two of whom went to trial."

"Then they wrote that at the trial I looked indifferent. But at 14 years old it’s also hard to end up in court after all these proceedings. I guess at the time I didn’t even understand what was happening. I stood there and didn’t know what to say, I just froze. A very difficult moment for me and for the whole family. My sister and brother studied at the same school, and they were also reminded of this for a long time."

"Some media wrote that I did not apologize, although I apologized several times both in court in person and in writing. If I had the opportunity to go back and change the situation, of course I would. In a month I’m 22, 8 years have passed, and it’s still hard for me, I still want to change everything."

I am impressed by his maturity. We all have to keep in mind that Miller is not forced to say anything about the incident, but continues to admit his wrong doing.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I am impressed by his maturity. We all have to keep in mind that Miller is not forced to say anything about the incident, but continues to admit his wrong doing.
Calling his years of bullying "it all happened at a basketball game at school" is no admission of anything more than the bare minimum of what he was forced to plead guilty to in court already back in 2016 after lying to the investigators who were in possession of conclusive evidence against him.

That being the case, what the judge said back then seemingly remains valid today:

"Mitchell, I’m not sure you still get it, I don’t think you like being where you are. But I still don’t think you’ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated. If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school. You’re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself."

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Dirt bag experiences repercussions, news at 11.

All he ever had to do was show actual contrition for what he repeatedly did to another human for years - years! - yet that was a bridge too far. Instead all that he did was mealy-mouthed 'apologies' through lawyers, agents, and PR people to try to salvage his own career. Frankly, his behavior as he's gotten older is as much of, if not more, of a red flag than his years of abuse.

Honestly, it's not even hard to fake remorse enough to clear this up, and he cannot even manage to do that. To me, that speaks volumes.

Reactions: koteka

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Calling his years of bullying "it all happened at a basketball game at school" is no admission of anything more than the bare minimum of what he was forced to plead guilty to in court already back in 2016 after lying to the investigators who were in possession of conclusive evidence against him.
*Yawn*

There you go again...regurgitating events from a decade ago when the kid was 14. Time to step into 2023, and grab a Miller.

61PRn9ZSD4L.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
"Meyer-Crothers also recounts Miller reaching out to him last month over direct message on social media to make an apology, but says Miller didn’t give any proof that he’s helping in the community as a way to make amends, as his agent has said he has been doing."

source: Victim Speaks After Bruins' Botched Signing of His High School Bully: ‘I Can't Take More'
Social media ain't personally. He needs to apologize face-to-face and hasn't done so. And the part you didn't bold gives away that he hasn't been sincere in his attempts to make amends, which has been the issue.

Off topic, not surprised he played for the same Slovak club that just recently hired Severi Lahtinen, who was sentenced to prison for 2 years for rape. The only reason he can play is because he appealed the verdict.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ak Bars' PP is terrible. Kinda weird when you have Radulov, Shipachev and Jaskin on the team. Probably that's the first thing they expect from Miller - to help with PP.

Mar 12, 2009
It's virtue signalling. Or more specifically, selective outrage.
This feels very "glass houses" to me...seems like the cancel culture wagon was 3 years late to Russia, maybe held up because of, well you know, and now blossoming because it's good to sell to people to scape goat the problems their country finds itself in.

*Yawn*

There you go again...regurgitating events from a decade ago when the kid was 14. Time to step into 2023, and grab a Miller.

61PRn9ZSD4L.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
It's virtuous of you to never give up on your pet project of defending this twerp who seems to be doing fine making pro hockey dollars. It is truly funny people not related to the guy are like this, but I hope he sees one of your posts these days and offers to fly you out to a game in Russia. You deserve it for the countless hours you've dedicated to defending his honor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Does the punishment fit the crime in the court of public opinion? That’s the question.

What type of ****-ed up community cancel cultures Miller yet knowingly turns a blind eye to the blood money taken by the NHL from its sponsors.
Yall are indirectly propagating human exploitation and trafficking if you spend money on the NHL, yet you have the audacity to cancel culture a player for not being apologetic enough for something he did at 14? Lol

The punishment doesnt fit the crime.
The hypocrisy, fake morality and selective outrage is astounding.
One can object to multiple things at the same time, and progress is realistically not always going to be simultaneous. Just because Xinjiang cotton is still in NHL gear doesn't mean one should also give Miller a pass.

Regarding "cancel culture", to my knowledge no one including the victim objected to McKie playing college hockey (albeit at a lower level) after committing the same crimes but showing apparently genuine remorse after. I can't imagine that the same path wouldn't have been wide open to Miller as well.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
It's virtue signalling. Or more specifically, selective outrage.
Selective outrage?

Do you have kids? Were you ever bullied or abused?

If you do have kids or have been bullied or abused, you'd be outraged at Miller's conduct, both pertaining to the individual he abused for years, and his lack of remorse in the years since.

Mitchell Miller is not someone who is worth defending. He found out the hard way that being an asshole has real consequences. Maybe someday you will too.

When it comes to Mitchell Miller, if you think he's so great, go to Kazan and cheer for him there. The climate is probably better than Winnipeg, anyway, and you'll probably find a lot of people with similar ideas there.

First game tonight, vs Avtomobilist.
I hope he gets clobbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad