Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
He obviously needs an AHL demotion to get his game back.

Oh...

The only argument is that most, if not all of the players on that list started in the NHL when they were 18, while Marner had an extra year of development. Regardless, it is very impressive.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The only argument is that most, if not all of the players on that list started in the NHL when they were 18, while Marner had an extra year of development. Regardless, it is very impressive.

I'm just surprised Marner didn't die as soon as he touched the ice, you know, because of his size. The fact that he played so many NHL games is mind blowing.

;)

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
If Jim Morrison was Mr. Mojo Risin, then Mitch Marner is any of;

Mr. Ranch Time
Mr. Charm Nite

Or my favorite; Mr. Thrice Man.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Finally he is executing plays. About freaking time too! I mean, we have waited for this since Monogate.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm just surprised Marner didn't die as soon as he touched the ice, you know, because of his size. The fact that he played so many NHL games is mind blowing.

;)

Height 5.09 -- Weight 163 [175 cm/74 kg]

WHA Totals 30110218929120 361323368
NHL Totals 1296396590986117 923236686
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

The smaller players just don't have durability.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

That is true, he did have an extra season. Although it's hard to say if he really progressed in the OHL. His point totals were roughly the same during the regular season, and he didn't get injured in the playoffs the second time around, so obviously his totals ended up being higher. He probably could have performed with the same skill level if he went straight to the NHL after being drafted. But I doubt he would've put up as many points, since the team itself was still very crappy.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Eh, he is what he is size wise. I worry adding size sometimes slows players down. He can stay this size and be a star.
I wonder if that's partially responsible for his slow starts. I'm sure he's heard he needs to bulk up since his early teens. Wouldn't surprise me if he adds some muscle each summer then slowly slims down with game play.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder if that's partially responsible for his slow starts. I'm sure he's heard he needs to bulk up since his early teens. Wouldn't surprise me if he adds some muscle each summer then slowly slims down with game play.

Yup. Babcock and Leaf management have been on him since his draft.

Mitch Marner vowed to feast like a champion this summer in his quest to muscle up for Mike Babcock’s Maple Leafs.

The coach has challenged the undersized first-round pick from 2015 to put on some pounds if he wants an edge in a training camp full of young prospects, many with a size advantage.

“Hearing those words come out of his mouth makes you want to work harder and make that team,” Marner said.

“He’s one of the first guys I talked to (at season’s end last month). He wanted to make sure I knew the summer was going to be hard, what I had to do and that buying into it was going to be difficult. But it’s going to be worth it in the end, if I do everything right.”

Skill-wise and in terms of production, there’s not much more the right winger can prove after winning just about every junior award in sight as his London Knights captured the Memorial Cup. But with just two options — the 5-foot-11 Marner has vowed to go hard on the weights and the dinner plates like never before.

Now it’s time to turn things over to the family MVC — Most Valuable Chef. That’s Mitch’s mom, Bonnie, who retired this summer to supervise his often questionable dietary choices.“We’re liable to have some squabbles at the kitchen table,” Bonnie laughed

Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Mitch Marner trying to bulk up this summer in bid for NHL job

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
His best magic trick is making himself as a star which he is. Something that Strome would never be if given the same opportunity as Marner.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
His best magic trick is making himself invisible, unfortunately.

Yep..he was invisible..
But his talent is with the puck and his linemates simply don't get it to him.
JVR scores from in front but can't do anything else and Bozak is just nothing out there..
And I always liked Bozak but he his play has deteriorated...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
An absolutely terrific player. He isnt some invisible magic trick guy that some like to say. A legit star in the making.
Strome fans cant take it.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Yep..he was invisible..
But his talent is with the puck and his linemates simply don't get it to him.
JVR scores from in front but can't do anything else and Bozak is just nothing out there..
And I always liked Bozak but he his play has deteriorated...
When he’s playing well it’s all him when he sucks ass it’s his teammates. Got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad