Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
JVR/Bozak are usually grinding around the net, behind the goal lines, in corners with Mitch out front looking for opportunities. JVR/Bozak are usually caught down low when the other team's breakout.

Keep an eye on Bozak/Mitch, passing, etc tonite...

Jeez it would be nice to see Jvr and Bozak gringing it out on defense like that. Maybe they have some possibility for killing penalties too!

Just trying to be sarcastic about their defense. Calling them grinders might be stretching it a bit.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
IMO ... The JVR/Bozak duo is not worth keeping together if you want them to be a two-way line, they wouldn't produce offensively.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
IMO ... The JVR/Bozak duo is not worth keeping together if you want them to be a two-way line, they wouldn't produce offensively.

Someone suggested today trying Gauthier there! I think we will see it in certain circumstances. He definitely can take that offensive or defensive faceoff as a option other than Bozzy.

I actually would like to have a look at it if Bozzy gets moved. The line wouldn't look so bad with some defensive presence at center.

Goat is a safe safe player defensively.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Someone suggested today trying Gauthier there! I think we will see it in certain circumstances. He definitely can take that offensive or defensive faceoff as a option other than Bozzy.

I actually would like to have a look at it if Bozzy gets moved. The line wouldn't look so bad with some defensive presence at center.

Goat is a safe safe player defensively.

JVR-Gauthier-Brown would be a very sluggish line forcing JVR to be the primary puck carrier/play maker and scorer. I can’t see that line working

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
JVR-Gauthier-Brown would be a very sluggish line forcing JVR to be the primary puck carrier/play maker and scorer. I can’t see that line working

Ohhh, i wrote that 6 weeks ago! Unfortunately for goat, i think he did not make a impression while he was here.

His odds of playing for the leafs looks slim for the first time now. So i agree presently.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I heard after the 5 point game Minus Mitch asked Elon Musk to launch him into the space. You will be missed.

That games points came because he was everywhere defensively! Amazing how much his linemates being effective players helps him.

Kadri and Marleau now have a young star with them and its works for every one of them i think.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I heard after the 5 point game Minus Mitch asked Elon Musk to launch him into the space. You will be missed.
Pretty sure he just changed his name to Maple Leafs, I think people shouldn't be allowed to change their names but oh well.

Mitch is on pace to tie his rookie scoring from last year, in more games of course. I'd say that's pretty good for a player who's supposedly having a down year and can't wait to see what he does next year.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not really sure what happened to Mitch. He was known as a pretty good defensive forward in the O. Not blow you away type - but for the points he put up - he was not considered a liability.

When he first broke in we saw that - hustle, puck hounding, etc. then he just... stopped. He became a defensive nightmare.

I always envisioned Mitch Marner as a frontline two-way center in the NHL when he was in the OHL.

I'll settle for a high output, defensively responsible winger.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Many of us called this on the Marner haters. guy was getting lousy minutes with crappy linemates. Yet people blamed it all on him.
Marner will outscore all the shiny new toys you guys love this year picked in the same round that you say the Leafs should have picked instead.

Reactions: Smif and DarkKnight

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What the f was babs doing all year with Mitch? Like for real.

Was it that Leo was a real gud pro or what
Playing with an absolute trash center like Bozak can really hurt an elite young player's production.

Reactions: wmark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad