Value of: Mitch Marner's Next Contract

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
anywhere between 8.5 and 12. If I had to guess, I would say him and Mattews both sign identical 11m contracts over 7-8 years.

Again is there anything becsiides non leaf fans hope that says Marner will be the highest paid winger ever off his ELC? Because Kuckerov got 9.5 with all of UFA years basically and Marner the past two years (even this year) is being shown up by Rantanen in points.

So basically you are saying that Rantanen is getting the McDavid deal?

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
10m for Marner
12m for Matthews
11m for Tavares
7m for Nylander

Good luck Leafs in a cap world

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
We have the recent example of Kucherov scoring 100 points last season and Tampa Bay re-signed him to a 8 year contract with a $9.5 million AAV. I know they have the no state tax advantage as well, however you got to think Dubas would only look at the $9.5 million AAV in that example.
While Dubas may only look at that Marner on the other hand will be looking at the other side of the coin.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
10m for Marner
12m for Matthews
11m for Tavares
7m for Nylander

Even if these are the numbers going forward with a rising cap especially with expansion,expiring contracts over the next few years and most likely a couple Marlies making the leafs in the next few years Toronto will be fine.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
While Dubas may only look at that Marner on the other hand will be looking at the other side of the coin.
I'm sure that's true. However if Marner made at least $9.5 million on his AAV using Kucherov's contract as an example, that's still a very nice raise coming off his ELC and more than what Nylander got.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Again is there anything becsiides non leaf fans hope that says Marner will be the highest paid winger ever off his ELC? Because Kuckerov got 9.5 with all of UFA years basically and Marner the past two years (even this year) is being shown up by Rantanen in points.

Colorado has no cap issues right now with Mack’s sweet heart deal. If Rantanen asks for 11.5-12 he will get it

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

I often bring up this point and everyone avoids it. Rantanen should get 13+ LOL.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Ovechkin got $9.5 per post ELC, but that's a 13 year contract.

Likely comes down to what Rantanen signs for. Colorado is top heavy and depends on their big line. Doubt that they can afford to start the season without Rantanen in the lineup. Whereas the Leafs can afford to not have Marner in theirs. But, once July 1 hits, you never know what opposition GMs could do with an offer sheet. Colorado has plenty of cap space, so they should not fear an offer sheet.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado has no cap issues right now with Mack’s sweet heart deal. If Rantanen asks for 11.5-12 he will get it

They won't hand over 12 million, That's not how it works.
Kucherov just signed for 9.5 million during a 100 point campaign.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Judging by the posting you do in leafs threads, I bet the other side of that coin is $14 million/year and a promised extension to his buddy marleau

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I love when you go on the main board, all Leaf players are overrated by their fans and media. You discuss contract here and Leaf players will all deserve record deals...

Anyone notice that?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I love when you go on the main board, all Leaf players are overrated by their fans and media. You discuss contract here and Leaf players will all deserve record deals...

Anyone notice that?
Don't forget about wanting to see their players sign massive offer sheets from other team, even though those same people on here call them overrated.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Likely gets around Draisatl money. Only goes up if he wins significant hardware.

IMO Marner has played his way past Draisatl money at this point and his agent will likely push for Eichel money instead especially if keeps up this scoring pace and gets 100+ points. Gonna be interesting to see how all these high profile RFA deals play out in the next few months.

I wonder which of this years big named RFA's will be the first to sign which likely sets the market for the other guys.

Offside2408

Dec 5, 2018
Everyone's hung up about Nylander, but I kinda think Marner is going to be more interesting. Currently in the top 5 in the NHL in scoring, you gotta figure he's quickly playing himself out of the $8 mill range and into a number that could be in the $10 per range.

Marner is outproducing Eichel who signed at $10 mill, and Eichel signed when the cap was lower.

He will easily be around the 10 million mark. Too much in the cap era unfortunately but worth every cent. Doesn’t matter what it is you pay that kid his money.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
10m for Marner
12m for Matthews
11m for Tavares
7m for Nylander

8 million bridge on Marner
11 million Matthews match with J.T.
11 million Tavares
$6.9 million Nylander.

If they let Gardiner walk they will be fine.
Cap is going up

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

Anyone notice that?
I definitely don't see Marner as underrated by other fans anywhere on HF. He is IMO the best player on the Leafs.
As such I guess he will be gettin anything between $8-10Mx8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad