GDT: Minnesota Wild Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM | Good Friday Eve

What is better?

• Total voters

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Let's not forget that he registered 8 pts in 20 playoffs games last year. As I wrote earlier, being moved each 5-6 games to a different line or a different position isn't helping either.

And yeah, Nic is my buddy. I will cheer for him no matter what :)

Didn't mean to include Roy as bad contract, he's useful 4th liner cheap. As for your buddy, like his potential, he not NHL-ready skatingwise, he needs to work on that in the off-season, I do like his potential. And actually, to give the GM some props (instead of grief for handing out big contracts) I think his staff finds some diamonds in the rough like Whitecloud, Stephenson (remember he cost a 5th rounder) and more.

Reactions: doumtang

doumtang

May 14, 2012
Didn't mean to include Roy as bad contract, he's useful 4th liner cheap. As for your buddy, like his potential, he not NHL-ready skatingwise, he needs to work on that in the off-season, I do like his potential. And actually, to give the GM some props (instead of grief for handing out big contracts) I think his staff finds some diamonds in the rough like Whitecloud, Stephenson (remember he cost a 5th rounder) and more.

I think the skating he did in the 1st period following Stone was OK speed, and not sub par. 1 min 57 to 2 min or so in the video.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I think the skating he did in the 1st period following Stone was OK speed, and not sub par. 1 min 57 to 2 min or so in the video.

He can probably improve a lot, I've watched him carefully. He has a long stride, but he need to "pick 'em up and put 'em down" faster. He also gets trapped in his own zone too much . He's much better once in the O-zone.

Reactions: doumtang

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
No hate here, but I think it's reasonable to expect a lot more from him on both ends, considering we traded away our 2C & 2D from last season to fit his salary. It's not fair to blame the cap situation on him, but it's fair to say his play has not lived up his previous standards. He's also been a non factor on the PP...which again it's not all his fault, as the PP needs a giant overhaul.

Agree with most of this. He was offered that contract with the expectation he would be great and it was an attempt to win a Stanley Cup. While I am glad he is back, I didn’t miss him as much as I missed some other players that were out.

I would feel differently if it was a different player with a similar performance. Especially if it was Coghlan.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No that's not what I said. I said trade Reaves to clear cap, and include Holden & Tuch in the package for Eichel.

1. Who will give us anything for Reaves straight up? I'm demanding 50% retention and a favorable pick swap if I'm another GM. Dude is not worth anything on the trade market.

2. Other teams will offer more than Tuch for a 1C. I really don't think there are enough assets to offer for such a prized player. Tuch is a nice player but he's getting paid already and has been around long enough to think his ceiling is just about reached. He's not an elite winger, just a very good one. So his contract while good isn't a crazy value. What else can Knights offer other than Krebs and Glass? Pretty much have to give away the pipeline, maybe some picks and have a new highest paid team member. This is insanity.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
1. Who will give us anything for Reaves straight up? I'm demanding 50% retention and a favorable pick swap if I'm another GM. Dude is not worth anything on the trade market.

2. Other teams will offer more than Tuch for a 1C. I really don't think there are enough assets to offer for such a prized player. Tuch is a nice player but he's getting paid already and has been around long enough to think his ceiling is just about reached. He's not an elite winger, just a very good one. So his contract while good isn't a crazy value. What else can Knights offer other than Krebs and Glass? Pretty much have to give away the pipeline, maybe some picks and have a new highest paid team member. This is insanity.

I could see this front office doing something like that.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Not saying anything about a hypothetical trade but none of Krebs, Glass or our next two firsts are going to be close to Eichel good. And he is already that good and he will be that good for a decade.

When Stone ages out of superstar territory our contending days are most likely done anyway.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Just two questions:

How many 2 on 1's do we need to have to score one goal??
And, will Marchessault ever hit the net?

Other than that, we looked dominant. but we need so many chances to score one goal.

p.s. I'm not giving Glass, Krebs, Morozov and a bunch of first for
Eichel. Yeah, he's super but what are we looking to become - Edmonton??

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Just two questions:

How many 2 on 1's do we need to have to score one goal??
And, will Marchessault ever hit the net?

Other than that, we looked dominant. but we need so many chances to score one goal.

p.s. I'm not giving Glass, Krebs, Morozov and a bunch of first for
Eichel. Yeah, he's super but what are we looking to become - Edmonton??

You underestimate how awful their defense and bottom six is. And we have better goaltending.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The worst call in hockey. Shouldn't get rewarded for one hand on your stick.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
200.gif

Reactions: Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00