• Total voters

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
giphy.gif

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Their only goal was pretty much a fluke play. Other than that 50+ minutes of not being very dangerous.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Their only goal was pretty much a fluke play. Other than that 50+ minutes of not being very dangerous.

Sounds like the series against Dallas. Is this 4 straight losses against Minnesota? I was looking at their fans comments recently and they feel their team can beat our team in the playoffs. They were much more afraid of Colorado who had no trouble scoring against them.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Wondering if team senses a trade in the works, sure looks like it:

Roy - no goals in 22 games
Stephenson - none in 10 before suspension
Stone - 0 in 7
Pacioretty - except for OT, nothing
Smith - 1 in 12 games
Tuch - 0 for 9

Power play - not one meaningful goal in almost a month (yes they scored a few that were meaningless).

Question I have, is it horrendous strategy, lack of adaptation or just a bunch of third liners with stone hands. And Glass was a little better, but overall, I'm not impressed. I also think Stephenson's speed opens up a lot of other teams that just pack it in and make the goalie look like the second coming of Patrick Roy.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wondering if team senses a trade in the works, sure looks like it:

Roy - no goals in 22 games
Stephenson - none in 10 before suspension
Stone - 0 in 7
Pacioretty - except for OT, nothing
Smith - 1 in 12 games
Tuch - 0 for 9

Power play - not one meaningful goal in almost a month (yes they scored a few that were meaningless).

Question I have, is it horrendous strategy, lack of adaptation or just a bunch of third liners with stone hands. And Glass was a little better, but overall, I'm not impressed. I also think Stephenson's speed opens up a lot of other teams that just pack it in and make the goalie look like the second coming of Patrick Roy.

Sure could be helpful but I put the risk of this kind of run on the teams strategy with regards to the cap and line construction. They have no answers other than do what they do and hope it works out. As for a trade, what can they do with zero cap space? Obviously trade MAF or Lehner is most obvious but sure doesn't sound like that's ever happening if the owner is going to hold veto power over it.

Hope and pray things fall into place folks.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Sure could be helpful but I put the risk of this kind of run on the teams strategy with regards to the cap and line construction. They have no answers other than do what they do and hope it works out. As for a trade, what can they do with zero cap space? Obviously trade MAF or Lehner is most obvious but sure doesn't sound like that's ever happening if the owner is going to hold veto power over it.

Hope and pray things fall into place folks.

I'm open to trading Marchessault and Lehner, I think the latter is superfluous and the former has worn out his welcome. That's 10 million of cap space. Here's what I wouldn't do: trade half the prospects and futures for Eichel.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'm open to trading Marchessault and Lehner, I think the latter is superfluous and the former has worn out his welcome. That's 10 million of cap space. Here's what I wouldn't do: trade half the prospects and futures for Eichel.

I just don't see how they trade Lehner unless they think they have two years of window open and then time to tank. It's unpopular but it really has to be MAF for the good of the team today and in the future. Agree on being open to trading Marchy but highly doubt he can be replaced for this seasonwith a better player who fits under the cap. Longer term he definitely should be considered for a trade, but that gets into figuring out how you construct the roster and which younger players you move up.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I just don't see how they trade Lehner unless they think they have two years of window open and then time to tank. It's unpopular but it really has to be MAF for the good of the team today and in the future. Agree on being open to trading Marchy but highly doubt he can be replaced for this seasonwith a better player who fits under the cap. Longer term he definitely should be considered for a trade, but that gets into figuring out how you construct the roster and which younger players you move up.

I can think of a few teams might find Lehner useful, but I understand he's difficult to trade. Don't think we would have made trade for Lehner last year except that team thought MAF was on the downslide. I think MAF has several good years left.

I don't think Foley will let them tank - I just don't want us to get caught in the middle, just good enough to eke into the playoffs but not bad enough to have a shot at the topflight draft choices. We'll always be able to attract good UFA's, since Vegas is a great place to play (no state income tax, good weather, willing to spend, the city and fans, etc.). But it's a cap league, don't want to get stuck with a bunch of 10 million dollar contracts for aging superstars.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
MAF was getting worn out from being overused. The team needed Lehner. True, you could get a cheaper goalie to back Fleury up, but that was the plan before and Subban was the answer for the front office.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Also this is why I want Pietrangelo to do well because his contract affects what the front office can do. I’ve been wondering if I would have preferred an upgrade at center somewhere, but that’s with hindsight obviously. Glass was supposed to step it up after losing Stastny.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

It would be two A prospects (Glass and another) and two firsts and a roster player (Tuch) probably. Plus clearing a few million.

Eichel with Stone and Pacioretty is a 100+ point Hart contender.

And would still have at least Stephenson, Karlsson, Marchessault/Smith as a second line and enough bottom six and prospects left to fill the third and fourth lines. Plus our current defense and goaltending.

Conversely, could trade Fleury and have both Marchessault and Smith or just more cap space. And Vegas is already a destination and would be one of the premier spots for veteran Cup chasers signing cheaper deals.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
It just seems, and I definitely know how good the teams record is, but it seems something is missing.

maybe it’s the complete overhaul since the team began, maybe it’s the weird season, but this Knights team just seem to be missing and urgency and drive to be as dominant as the could be

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It just seems, and I definitely know how good the teams record is, but it seems something is missing.

maybe it’s the complete overhaul since the team began, maybe it’s the weird season, but this Knights team just seem to be missing and urgency and drive to be as dominant as the could be

That something is another top six center.

Reactions: Vegas07

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That something is another top six center.

Could help but I can't overlook how badly it feels the fourth line is going to get outplayed in the playoffs against good teams. Sure more top six goals would be nice, but Im much more certain the team is going to get railroaded by the bottom half of other teams without a stable third line center and some modicum of talent on the fourth line.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

It makes sense....all their stars have gotten paid. Since the start of last season, they can feel like they can turn it on at will & don't need to play 60 minutes. It hasn't been as bad since Gallant was replaced, but it's still a problem.

It's becoming pretty obvious there's also a system issue. There's way too much talent on this team to have these prolonged goal droughts over & over. They're too reliant on point shots to drive the offense, especially the power play. How often do we see them having problems getting shots through & when they do, they completely miss the net.

Felt like the best chances all night were generated by Carrier & Kolesar because they were willing to do some dirty work & forecheck relentlessly...but alas, poor Kolesar can't seem to bury pucks into open nets.

Whatever the problem is, I'm not convinced trading the farm for Eichel is the answer. If anything, it just makes this team's cap situation even more restrictive than it already is.

Reactions: hangman005

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It makes sense....all their stars have gotten paid. Since the start of last season, they can feel like they can turn it on at will & don't need to play 60 minutes. It hasn't been as bad since Gallant was replaced, but it's still a problem.

It's becoming pretty obvious there's also a system issue. There's way too much talent on this team to have these prolonged goal droughts over & over. They're too reliant on point shots to drive the offense, especially the power play. How often do we see them having problems getting shots through & when they do, they completely miss the net.

Felt like the best chances all night were generated by Carrier & Kolesar because they were willing to do some dirty work & forecheck relentlessly...but alas, poor Kolesar can't seem to bury pucks into open nets.

Whatever the problem is, I'm not convinced trading the farm for Eichel is the answer. If anything, it just makes this team's cap situation even more restrictive than it already is.

But every team in the league will claim a guy that always hits the target on his shots...if the target is the logo of the goalie's jersey!

Kolesar alone is enough to piss me off at this teams management, but it's take your pick with them. I mean the Knights generated a lot of good looking chances tonight and all of them just end up being shot right into Talbot. Can't really call the goal a great chance, just pure luck. But I'm sure with this idiot coach and his enablers it's all about "play the game the right way". So we play honorably and leave the playoffs honorably doing the right thing over and over.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
For all the Eichel talk. He is expected to miss the rest of the year.

offensively hate the system. This team doesn’t have elite ouck tippers. They will look dangerous down low and create a great chance, but not score. Then they’ll just toss it to the point and pray. I fear DeBoer will waste this team. Stubborn unchanging fool.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Is the talent on offense really that good? Patches and Stone have been awesome. Who else is a special talent?

Karlsson is a nice player to have, but he continues to prove that his 43 goal season was a fluke. It’s not like Marchessault and Smith are making the most of their scoring opportunities so the team needs Karlsson to be a bigger offensive threat. I doubt we can get much more out of Stephenson than we have, and I don’t feel like Tuch is vastly underachieving.

Interesting that Stastny has more goals than all the centers on our team.

I do think the power play should be better.

The team had offensive issues with Gallant too.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I’m not sure how I feel about it, but that’s why a major trade for Eichel would be intriguing. All of a sudden the talent on the team on offense would look a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad