Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So now that the series is over and we lost in 5 games after fluking out this core group's first series win in 7 years, what are people's justifications for not blowing it up? Do you honestly think all that needs to be done is for management to continue to nibble around the edges to finally find the perfect mix of players to compliment the core?
Ah, a Nihilist.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
But if in the process this happens and we are all left in the dark who ends up winning in the end?
huh-what.gif

Filip

Jan 29, 2021
I just disagree, I saw him make plays in this post season that I have not seen him make in his career, though I only caught some of his KHL games. They would have been disgraceful in the regular season let alone the playoffs. I was supremely dissatisfied in his effort and battle level. The last post season was a good sign, this season was definitively not good.
I say: Kap is slowly gaining shape. There should be about 10 games. He and the regular season always starts bad. Just in the regular 82 games and he is recruiting.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Seems like a strange move. Gauging him as a potential Evason replacement?

I don't think so. Seems to me sort of the opposite, appointing a guy who is not a threat to replace Dean, except on an emergency basis. I would bet that the next HC has a NHL track record.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't think so. Seems to me sort of the opposite, appointing a guy who is not a threat to replace Dean, except on an emergency basis. I would bet that the next HC has a NHL track record.
I've been suspecting that Guerin will wait until the dead cap comes off the books and then go all out, including, if one is available, a head coach with playoff pedigree.

This move feels like the Wild finding a way to potentially fix their special teams, while giving McLean a different job that will hopefully lead to good results. If that's the case, I imagine they view this as a win-win.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still seems like Checkers more than Chess. At this point i just hope that Guerin is a good Checkers player.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’ll state the obvious – on a normal team having a Goligoski sit around for one year and being paid $2 million is not a big deal, but on a team that already has 15 million in dead cap it is a deal. Not one of Guerin’s best moments.
Can’t we get out of this cap pickle by buying him out? The cap hits would happen in future years when the cap is likely to go up.

Goligoski’s cap hit this year might end up being the reason that we can’t resign Duhaime. He is one of the few guys on the team that plays physically, and does it with speed to boot.

What an overpaid bum Goligoski has turned out to be, and what's worse, most of us saw it coming from the get go.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’ll state the obvious – on a normal team having a Goligoski sit around for one year and being paid $2 million is not a big deal, but on a team that already has 15 million in dead cap it is a deal. Not one of Guerin’s best moments.
Can’t we get out of this cap pickle by buying him out? The cap hits would happen in future years when the cap is likely to go up.

Goligoski’s cap hit this year might end up being the reason that we can’t resign Duhaime. He is one of the few guys on the team that plays physically, and does it with speed to boot.

What an overpaid bum Goligoski has turned out to be, and what's worse, most of us saw it coming from the get go.
Couple that Goligoski signing with the Greenway signing that was right around the same time and it adds up to a massive failure. Then take into account the money we wasted in MAF and the problem looks significant.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

This whole post is way over exaggerated. Goligoski is fine as a player at $2M. Trade Merrill if you need a couple hundred thousand more to re-sign Duhaime. It's not like Duhaime is unrestricted.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This whole post is way over exaggerated. Goligoski is fine as a player at $2M. Trade Merrill if you need a couple hundred thousand more to re-sign Duhaime. It's not like Duhaime is unrestricted.
You're kidding, right? Dean didn't even play Goligoski for large parts of the year, and not at all during the playoffs. How is that overexaggerating? You can't be worse than nothing, and that's what he was.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Goligoski telling Guerin "I don't have to do shit" means Merrill is gone then I'm okay with it. Plus maybe Guerin learns a lesson here.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You're kidding, right? Dean didn't even play Goligoski for large parts of the year, and not at all during the playoffs. How is that overexaggerating? You can't be worse than nothing, and that's what he was.
You CAN be worse than nothing.

Reactions: BagHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad