Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, we are assuming that we know more than the team doctors when Kaprizov was fit and ready to play? Keep in mind that the team doctors have actually examined him, multiple times, have had X-rays, possibly MRI's done, bloodwork, etc. etc, and they actually ... like, know stuff.... but hey, we know better, because we are .... um.... um... and Dean is stupid, because he listened to the doctors!

Reactions: P10p

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So, we are assuming that we know more than the team doctors when Kaprizov was fit and ready to play? Keep in mind that the team doctors have actually examined him, multiple times, have had X-rays, possibly MRI's done, bloodwork, etc. etc, and they actually ... like, know stuff.... but hey, we know better, because we are .... um.... um... and Dean is stupid, because he listened to the doctors!
Kaprizov said he was fine, but I don’t buy that he was fine after a few Suter crosschecks in game 1

Filip

Jan 29, 2021
Eriksson Ek’s injury was a fluke. It sucks that it happened, but it isn’t anyone’s fault.
The Pittsburgh game meant nothing. The main players had to be taken care of. Kap, on the contrary, had to play more, he is hard to enter the rhythm.

This is not about doctors, but the fact that the individual feature of Kaprizov is a slow entry into the rhythm. He would need to play an average of 8-10 matches.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
What did we see new from Minnesota in the playoff? Nothing. Meanwhile, the playoff is a mix of the physical condition of the players and their mentality to win as much as a centimeter of the field. And here, questions arise to the coach. You know that Kaprizov is hard to get into shape - for what purpose do you allow him to play only in 2 out of the remaining 5 games of the season? You have Joel Ericsson a first center forward for the first PP and PK, why the f*** do you let him go under the puck in a meaningless game with Pittsburgh at the end of the season? Are you really a fool? As a result: the first center is injured and the second line and unequal compositions are completely scattered, the best scoring forward is not in shape: as a result, only one goal in 6 games. With this idiot, nothing shines for Minnesota.
No offense, but this is just a really bad take IMO. Should have played injured Kaprizov in meaningless games, but should have sat healthy JEE in case of injury? Kap only sat out for one game after being cleared, and I do not buy for a second that he wasn’t still playing injured on that leg. To get to 8 more regular season games he would have need to play two weeks earlier than he was medically cleared for, are you mad they don’t have a time machine?

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Well, Rossi is considered our top C prospect, and it's debatable whether he will amount anything in the NHL at this point.... we've got room to improve our prospect roster. We really are banking on him, and Bankier, to work out.

This was the year to tank for a top C, though. Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson, Smith, look to be locks to be top 6 C's(though they said the same about Rossi), and there are a whole host of others like Danielson, Dvorsky, Yager, and Moore behind them,
In retrospect tanking for a 1C would have been correct. Gaudreau, Steel and Hartman are decent bottom 6 wingers.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Eriksson Ek’s injury was a fluke. It sucks that it happened, but it isn’t anyone’s fault.
Ek is the real heart, Grit and determination of the Wild. Smart player that DRAWS penalties. Foligno is too dumb and undisciplined. I ate crow after game three but 4 and 5 showed how much of a moron he can be. Suddenly game 6 he figures out to play within the rules. Watch Florida on toronto game one. No dirty high, late hits...but solid physical play. And the whole team gave up when Foligno gets a kneeing call.
BF deal!!! poop happens, Play with grit and determination. Correction. Bennett pretty dirty!

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Ek is the real heart, Grit and determination of the Wild. Smart player that DRAWS penalties. Foligno is too dumb and undisciplined. I ate crow after game three but 4 and 5 showed how much of a moron he can be. Suddenly game 6 he figures out to play within the rules. Watch Florida on toronto game one. No dirty high, late hits...but solid physical play. And the whole team gave up when Foligno gets a kneeing call. BF deal!!! poop happens, Play with grit and determination.
Bennett in the first period with a flying elbow. Only 2 minutes though, since the guy didn't get hurt.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
My question is were Evason and Billy just as hard on other players like Zucc during their exit meetings? I ask, because it feels like once again they are not afraid to lay into the kids (Rossi, Addy, once upon a time Fiala), but have nothing but nice words for some of the vets who could use a shake. Hell, Greenway got a nice heart to heart talk with BG when he was playing horribly. Where were the harsh words then?

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My question is were Evason and Billy just as hard on other players like Zucc during their exit meetings? I ask, because it feels like once again they are not afraid to lay into the kids (Rossi, Addy, once upon a time Fiala), but have nothing but nice words for some of the vets who could use a shake. Hell, Greenway got a nice heart to heart talk with BG when he was playing horribly. Where were the harsh words then?

They should look at themselves too... why was Zucc playing with a bad groin when it clearly affected his game for MONTHS?!
Shut him down! It's not going to get better until he rests.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Odd, I don't remember seeing a bunch of scars on Hintz's face.

And, of course, I have no doubt that Russo is dressing it up pretty good as well.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They should look at themselves too... why was Zucc playing with a bad groin when it clearly affected his game for MONTHS?!
He is always talking about accountability. Could have swore he also said (at the start of the season) that the same goes for the coaches. But I have yet to see it after this last series.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Boldy is young Zuc not. both contracts created a big expectation.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

Seems a little strange considering his performance at the end of the season but they have him locked up for 7 more years so rough him up I guess. Thought he was good early on in the playoffs but the whole team disappeared during the big games at the end.

Filip

Jan 29, 2021
No offense, but this is just a really bad take IMO. Should have played injured Kaprizov in meaningless games, but should have sat healthy JEE in case of injury? Kap only sat out for one game after being cleared, and I do not buy for a second that he wasn’t still playing injured on that leg. To get to 8 more regular season games he would have need to play two weeks earlier than he was medically cleared for, are you mad they don’t have a time machine?
There is no contradiction in my words. Кap gets into form hard, so it made sense for him to play all the remaining 5 games. For a set of game tone. As for the rest of the leading players, on the contrary, they had to rest.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
There is no contradiction in my words. Кap gets into form hard, so it made sense for him to play all the remaining 5 games. For a set of game tone. As for the rest of the leading players, on the contrary, they had to rest.
I just disagree, I saw him make plays in this post season that I have not seen him make in his career, though I only caught some of his KHL games. They would have been disgraceful in the regular season let alone the playoffs. I was supremely dissatisfied in his effort and battle level. The last post season was a good sign, this season was definitively not good.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yuck

Some BG quotes...

I like Dean. He’s a good coach. I do believe in him. Not every coach is going to have instant success. Just like players. Coaches get better every year, they get more experience. Dean has not been a head coach in this league for a long time. He’s still learning as well. I do say this. He hasn’t gotten past the first round. But I look back at the good stuff that he’s done. He’s coached a team that’s missing two big players because of the cap hits. It’s not an excuse, but a fact.

Was the late March Vegas trip a turning point? Four nights in Sin City after a statement win in Colorado, went 4-7-2 after

It’s a good question. I’m mad at myself after that. I really was. I was like, ‘I should have made us fly home after Denver. I should have tightened the screws a little bit.’ But … I also felt like, this might be good for the guys to let their hair down a little bit. I was a player. I don’t feel like that comes into play, but maybe it does. I took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror on that one. I felt like I might have done the wrong thing there.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Yuck

Some BG quotes...

I still don’t think this team is a contender even with a different coach. I believe BG thinks the same. He’s in a tough spot—what fire Dean and we still suck? Then what? We’re playing with a 1-2 star player deficit. We just need to accept that, next year as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I still don’t think this team is a contender even with a different coach. I believe BG thinks the same. He’s in a tough spot—what fire Dean and we still suck? Then what? We’re playing with a 1-2 star player deficit. We just need to accept that, next year as well.
Don't need to be a contender to win a round.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
So now that the series is over and we lost in 5 games after fluking out this core group's first series win in 7 years, what are people's justifications for not blowing it up? Do you honestly think all that needs to be done is for management to continue to nibble around the edges to finally find the perfect mix of players to compliment the core?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So now that the series is over and we lost in 5 games after fluking out this core group's first series win in 7 years, what are people's justifications for not blowing it up? Do you honestly think all that needs to be done is for management to continue to nibble around the edges to finally find the perfect mix of players to compliment the core?
Probably?

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Do the what now?

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Are you looking for the Toronto forum? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad