Minnesota Golden Gophers

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
5-3 final. Tech has a nice team and took it to the gophs. I really think they get home ice this year and have a great chance of making the big tourney. Gophs D looked lost tonight,probably because they didn't have to play any last weekend.

The freshmen and the yips came out.

Tech has been building momentum for a few years now. They are going to be tough. They showed they can play tough, but unlike the last few years they will make teams(the gophs) pay when you turn the puck over.

SupersonicMonkey*

Anyone know what happened to Skjei, why he didnt see the ice in the third period on Saturday?

He got hit hard late in the second period, was he hurt?

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
why is every single commercial of this Minnesota-Colorado College game I'm watching on FCS Atlantic a commercial from Values.com? did legitimately not a single company in the world choose to pay $20 to put a commercial on this filler programming?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
why is every single commercial of this Minnesota-Colorado College game I'm watching on FCS Atlantic a commercial from Values.com? did legitimately not a single company in the world choose to pay $20 to put a commercial on this filler programming?

Ha... I didn't even notice what the commercials were here in Phoenix on the FoxSports channel, but then I dozed off (had a big dinner) in the second period and woke up in time to see the glass break in the third. Was nice to hear my old Yotes announcer Doug McLeod on the air again - been awhile. We got hoem from dinner and I was flippign through the sports channels and got on the game and heard his voice immediately and stayed with the game.

I gotta admit, it was nice to see/listen to a hockey game that wasn't years old...

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
It's a Gophers Kazmaier Hat Trick!

Lady Gophers Amanda Kessel (yes, she is Phil's sister), Noora Raty and Megan Bozek are the three finalists for this year's Patty Kazmaier Award (women's hockey version of the Hobey Baker).

Congrats to all three players, all of whom have deserving candidates. :handclap:

You can read more about these players and the Patty Kazmaier Award HERE.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I was disapointed at the end. Then going to GPL with all the fire Lucia, good riddence to Bjugstad, Buddish, Haula and Schmit and welcome in the new blood. I had to step back for a second.

Winning the conference was big, going undefeated in non conference was really tough. Losing sucks but hardware is nice. Still a disapointing season.

My only concern with Lucia is when he switches things up. Last year Rau, Buddish and Bjugstad was a great line. Why break that up? Balance? Haula, Condon and Warning was a great 2nd line. Why toss Issackson into the top line, clearly not one of your top 6 forwards.

We win a season title becasue of balance. But in crunch time, we play out the balance and do not panic. That bites you in the butt. Saying look you three have to get it done, is sometimes the best thing to do. I would like him to devolp a #1 line and ride that line hard.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
As a curious outsider - Why are so many players leaving? I've always had the impression that this is a top shelf program - has something changed?

You just answered your own question. Top players leave early.

Buddish red shirt junior

Bjugstad, Haula and Alt are juniors.

Schmidt was a the top 3 NCAA FA.

Helgeson graduated

Larson never played.

They all stayed one more year to win a title. Thats why is was a let down season. They could have left last year.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Another year another title.

The pairwise is looking fun.

Pretty sure we have the #1 all locked up.

The NCHC is not looking good. If NoDak does not win it all, they are out and only SCCC is in. While WI and MN have a chance to be #1 seeds. With MI getting in too.

Much rather have a WCHA though. At this this year the Big Ten worked out well.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Not being a homer but Minnesota is going to come out on top this year. National Champions. I don't care if the team is young. We are mature for our age. And we have the all might Wilcox :laugh:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Can anyone give a scouting report on Gabe Guertler? I know he saw limited time on the 4th line with you guys and played with all freshman.. obviously had some issues off the ice with the DUI but I am sure that will quickly be corrected in the Soo. Can he be a top 6 player? Or more of 3rd line, energy, gritty contributor?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Can anyone give a scouting report on Gabe Guertler? I know he saw limited time on the 4th line with you guys and played with all freshman.. obviously had some issues off the ice with the DUI but I am sure that will quickly be corrected in the Soo. Can he be a top 6 player? Or more of 3rd line, energy, gritty contributor?

He is a PITA water bug type. Under your skin in your face and has the ability to take a beating and make you pay.

I would be shocked if he was not top 3 in goals for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->