Minnesota Golden Gophers

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
So sad not to have golden gopher hockey this week end. Boys need some rest.
Tied for first sweeping NoDak and tUMD i will take that every half season.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Thanks to FSN there were no televised gopher games this week end. Thanks guys. :(

So good news from gopher land. Hudson Fasching finally decided on the U. If you never read anythign on the kid i would suggest you do, great hockey taleant and an even better person.

Recruiting all together is looking great.
The Reillys' are all tearing the BCHL a new one.
Cammarata is scoring at a high clip
Guertler is playing OK but is young in a tough league and still has a year and a half to grow.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Thanks to FSN there were no televised gopher games this week end. Thanks guys. :(

So good news from gopher land. Hudson Fasching finally decided on the U. If you never read anythign on the kid i would suggest you do, great hockey taleant and an even better person.

Recruiting all together is looking great.
The Reillys' are all tearing the BCHL a new one.
Cammarata is scoring at a high clip
Guertler is playing OK but is young in a tough league and still has a year and a half to grow.
Facshing is a hell of a kid and it was a no brainer that he would be a gopher. No way he goes somewhere else as to where he can't see his brother on a daily or weekly basis. Great story.

As far as the BCHL goes,everybody tears it up there. They tend not to play defense in that league. But yeah good recruiting class but really no different than any other year. Now it's tDons job to develop them.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
no let down vs CC.

Actually, there was. Thorimbert was terrific, but the Gophers didn't capitalize on their many chances. IMO, I think that was what doomed them. Give props to CC though, they hung there and scored a timely goal to get the win. I thought the Gophers overall played really well and did a great job of shutting down the Schwartz brothers. Had they been able to bury some of their chances, the outcome might have been different.

Maybe the Gophers could get the split tonight.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Glad DU is behind us.

I am still mad about Rau. I am OK if all similar hits warrant one game suspensions. Thats the first one i can think of. Also Zucker needs to play with his head up. You are free game if you just played the puck for a few seconds. It was late and high. Penalty worthy, not suspension worthy given all the other hitting from behind calls there have been. I would question a 5 min major. Call the hit not the injury.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Glad DU is behind us.

I am still mad about Rau. I am OK if all similar hits warrant one game suspensions. Thats the first one i can think of. Also Zucker needs to play with his head up. You are free game if you just played the puck for a few seconds. It was late and high. Penalty worthy, not suspension worthy given all the other hitting from behind calls there have been. I would question a 5 min major. Call the hit not the injury.
That was cheap. Went for his head. The main reason to check someone is to sepreate player from the puck. The puck was long gone. Sure Zucker should be aware of his environment but shouldn't expect to get hit in the head after he gets rid of the puck. The other players you mention that didn't get suspended should of that includes Kristos on Marshall back in january. Sorry but Rau did not need to do that and for him to go at his head like he did was uncalled for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIgM-Guz_8

Last edited:

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
That was cheap. Went for his head. The main reason to check someone is to sepreate player from the puck. The puck was long gone. Sure Zucker should be aware of his environment but shouldn't expect to get hit in the head after he gets rid of the puck. The other players you mention that didn't get suspended should of that includes Kristos on Marshall back in january. Sorry but Rau did not need to do that and for him to go at his head like he did was uncalled for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIgM-Guz_8

Just be consistant. If that hit was worth a suspension then there area lot of others that should have been too.

Kristo extended his forearm through Marshall's head and if was from behind.

When the Tech player slashed Rau in the head. It was a skate by head shot.

Ambroz had a reckless one in there, where he just nailed the guy. No attempt to stop.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Just be consistant. If that hit was worth a suspension then there area lot of others that should have been too.

Kristo extended his forearm through Marshall's head and if was from behind.

When the Tech player slashed Rau in the head. It was a skate by head shot.

Ambroz had a reckless one in there, where he just nailed the guy. No attempt to stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11htW0q8Vk&feature=player_embedded

And JT Brown should of got a game for this hit on Blood friday night. The thing is Blood got up and Zucker didn't which should not make any difference in my opinion. Oh and the refs are consistant at being inconsistant.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
One win away from some hardware. Or a tUMD loss will get the same result.

WI is not that good this year but you never know with anyone in the WCHA.

I am still a little scared about the pairwise this year as we did poorly in our non conference. A split with WI and no wins in the FF could put us on the bubble after winning the regular season title.

Hoping Bjugstad is healthy and we sweep WI and ock up a #2 seed. Home cooking. Feel bad for the #1 in our bracket.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Heard Bjugstad is out for tonight on a cities station with Reusse.

I think it if were down to 1 and done he would have played. tDon has his eye on the big picture. We got the #1 seed. We get a bye in the FF. We have at least a share of the McNaughton cup a tUMD loss or tie will gie it to us outright. Of course all we have to do is win or tie and we win it all.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I think it if were down to 1 and done he would have played. tDon has his eye on the big picture. We got the #1 seed. We get a bye in the FF. We have at least a share of the McNaughton cup a tUMD loss or tie will gie it to us outright. Of course all we have to do is win or tie and we win it all.

I doubt this happens but say ya lose tonight and get beat in the first round. That puts ya on the bubble even though ya won the league title.:amazed:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Congrats to the Gophers on winning the MacNaughton Cup. But after this weekend's games vs. Bucky, the D really needs to tighten it up. IMO, it was just sloppy at times, especially on Friday.

Having said that, I'm predicting a sweep for the Gophers. Although, I don't think UAA will go down without a fight.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Its about time we got back to gopher hockey.

It was great to see this senior class actually do something. Being a class at MN and never making the NCAAs, that would have to hurt. Not the greatest class in history but what they did in the off season, they might go down as one of the hardest working classes.

We are guranteed at least two more games, at the X.

Now if only Mario would change his mind it would be an all around great year.

651*

There will be lots of green downtown tonight.

If UMD would repeat NCAA Nat champs a la Gophers '02-'03 that would be fine with me.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Congrats to the Lady Gophers on winning the Women's National Championship earlier today. :handclap:

The Lady Gophers defeated the Lady Badgers 4-2 earlier today at Amsoil Arena. The Lady Badgers' top scorer and Patty Kazmaier recipient Brianna Decker was held without a point in the contest.

651*

So Gophs pull this one out tonight? I guess I will withhold so as to not jinx them. UMD and UM getting there (two MN teams) would be quite nice for a change.

Lam7825

Go Goldy Go!
It's not the Final Five, it's the Frozen Four that matters! Halfway there- 2 more W's and the turnaround is complete!

Do we wish for a UMD rematch or BC?

Either way, I'm sure the weather in Tampa will be nice for the Gophs! :nod:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Gophers! (rah!)

651*

Rather get the Bulldogs as BC is afterall number one in the nation. They look like they are going to win too.

651*

BC is going to be an epically tough team to beat. I hope the Gophs can do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->