Minnesota Golden Gophers

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Can someone who follows the Gophers closely tell me if they think Reilly will sign with the CBJ he seems to not be interested

Who knows. All kinds of rumors. To wanting to play with his brothers one more time. Kid has a good head and knows the pros will be there next year. He needs to add some bulk, not much to play at the NHL level but why not hang with and play with your brothers or lift weights in the AHL?

He could wait and be a FA and sign any where he wants. I do not know the structure of a rookie deal vs a FA but guranteed money and a 1 way are options in there.

Schultz turned away from ANH to sign in Edmonton so its not always the franchise as a winner vs loser that drives some of these guys. Its a lot to do with playing time and money and NHL vs AHL.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Its alwats disapointing when we play like that.

4 conference championships

A tourney title

2nd place last year.

Not a bad four year run.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Could have been worse; look at the nightmare I lived this year:cry: 'Twas not a good year for anyone in the conference. I'm starting to think the formation of the b1g hockey conference is a curse, every team has been off(except your boys last year) 10 years ago every team would have made the playoffs (omitting the non-existent PSU, AND, OSU did have some good teams under Markell), now only the conference winner can be in. I feel like the hockey gods are displeased with the disbanding of the old WCHA/CCHA.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Amanda Kessel will not play anymore due to concussions. That's gotta be hard to deal with being in your prime and walking away from what you love doing. She was great for for the U.S. team, I wish her all the best.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Amanda Kessel will not play anymore due to concussions. That's gotta be hard to deal with being in your prime and walking away from what you love doing. She was great for for the U.S. team, I wish her all the best.

Met her when my daughter was at Shattuck-St Marys. Nice gal who has a ton of talent. I can't imagine how hard it is on her. It would be like if my daughter had to quit playing her last 2 years of college puck. It would devastate her. But better to have a functioning brain the rest of her life rather than taking a chance of not.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Could someone talk about why Collins has been out so long, and how he did today. Thoughts on him in general.

Now that you say it, yeah I haven't seen him play for a while. I think he's got a shot to be a bottom pairing guy in the NHL. Big defender, not much offense.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012

A great story today that Kessel was able to come back, contribute for 1/2 a season and play the game she loves, and today got the winning goal in the NCAA championship game. A testament to persistence - I hope hockey at all levels continues to do what's needed to minimize these dangerous concussions.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Congrats to Amanda and Minnesota. No matter who you root for you have to be happy a player can come back from that.

Mar 1, 2002
Brodzinski signed with the Sharks today.

I didn't see much of him this year, but a few sources mentioned he really improved in his own end this year. Is that accurate?

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Anyone know anything about Tyler Nanne transferring from Ohio State to University of Minnesota?

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
I know the Big 10 Conference has been a real disappointment for many in hockey. For most Gopher fans, it just isn't as exciting as the old rivalries like Duluth, St. Cloud, North Dakota. But there was a spark of that level of excitement last weekend at the Big 10 tournament. I didn't see the Gophers-Penn State game, but it had to be some pretty exciting hockey to go two overtimes like that. I was there for the final - a great defensive battle with outstanding goaltending that also went two overtimes. Teams played so hard, just some great hockey to watch. I know most Gophers fans post over at the Wild thread, but good luck to them Saturday. Maybe a touch of a rivalry will develop with Notre Dame that will carry over to next year when ND joins the league. I still wish we could drop out from the Big 10 and join Duluth, St. Cloud and NoDak in the NCHC, but I'm told our overall membership in the Big 10 means we can't. Too bad. That conference has had better hockey, and they're going to be able to continue their tournament because fans show up

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I know the Big 10 Conference has been a real disappointment for many in hockey. For most Gopher fans, it just isn't as exciting as the old rivalries like Duluth, St. Cloud, North Dakota. But there was a spark of that level of excitement last weekend at the Big 10 tournament. I didn't see the Gophers-Penn State game, but it had to be some pretty exciting hockey to go two overtimes like that. I was there for the final - a great defensive battle with outstanding goaltending that also went two overtimes. Teams played so hard, just some great hockey to watch. I know most Gophers fans post over at the Wild thread, but good luck to them Saturday. Maybe a touch of a rivalry will develop with Notre Dame that will carry over to next year when ND joins the league. I still wish we could drop out from the Big 10 and join Duluth, St. Cloud and NoDak in the NCHC, but I'm told our overall membership in the Big 10 means we can't. Too bad. That conference has had better hockey, and they're going to be able to continue their tournament because fans show up

Notre Dame coming on board next year is what really gave me a glimmer of hope for B1g hockey. The timing of the league was atrocious, as most programs were foundering. It has potential to be really good if UM and MSU turn it around. Badgers will be back, OSU seems on a good course and Gadowsky is spinning gold at PSU.

Don't get me wrong, I'd go back to the previous WCHA in a heartbeat. I'm just at the point of acceptance that this is it for us and hope for the best. As for the tournament, they should switch to a home host format. One game in Dinkytown or the KC would be more than the combined attendance at The Joe.

I caught your boys at the Yost earlier this month, that's a well polished team. Gooooo.... , Good luuu...., Uh, wind at your backs against ND tonight!;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->