Speculation: Mikko Koskinen set to leave SKA, sign in the NHL

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Seems like a lot of KHLers are coming back

Kovalchuk and Voynov also seem to be making their way here.

I'm disgusted with what he did but the Leafs do really need a good top-4 RHD...does LA still have his rights?

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm disgusted with what he did but the Leafs do really need a good top-4 RHD...does LA still have his rights?
Yes. LA terminated the contract, but they retain his rights.

I have no idea about US and Canadian immigration law, but he is going to have some issues to resolve there if a return to the NHL can happen. Even then, he'll probably have a suspension waiting on him when he returns.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yes. LA terminated the contract, but they retain his rights.

I have no idea about US and Canadian immigration law, but he is going to have some issues to resolve there if a return to the NHL can happen. Even then, he'll probably have a suspension waiting on him when he returns.
Yeh, it's going to be tough either way with the border, regardless as to whom he signs with.

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
According to Sport Express the giant goalie has agreed to sign with the Rangers. Not sure how credible this site is but since he has nothing to prove in Europe/KHL I could see him giving his NHL career one last shot.

I don't see any reports from Sport Express stating that Koskinen is signing with the Rangers .

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
We're rebuilding but we're gonna sign 30 years old Koskinen and 35 years old Kovalchuk.

NYR

I would say hiring absolute Eurasian elite is never unwelcomed for any team.

A giant goaltender in his prime who for the last three years has been standing on top of the Eurasian ice hockey pyramid is an enormous chance to acquire a quality goaltender relatively cheap. You do not draft every talented player. Tim Thomas in example was already Tim Thomas before he arrived to North America and Miikka Kiprusoff's abilities were very well regarded, before coming to Northern America.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Koskinen should be able to land a job although he's a good goalie only because he's so tall, like Bishop. Both have some quickness on their strides from post to post but their games aren't based on that.

Don't know enough about eithers skills to have more of an educated post, but those are largely what both are like.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Koskinen should be able to land a job although he's a good goalie only because he's so tall, like Bishop. Both have some quickness on their strides from post to post but their games aren't based on that.

He should be a great fit with a team that has solid defense.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
The rumor was about Islanders, dunno why I typed Rangers. My bad.
Anywho, apparently it has been shot down by Koskinen himself.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
And we might be getting Znarok!
Kovalchuk
Koskinen(shot down though)
Shestyorkin
Buchnevich
Rykov
For SKA connections

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad