Speculation: Mikko Koskinen set to leave SKA, sign in the NHL

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
this signing puts the oilers at about 64.88 mill against the cap with 6 spots to fill with 15 mill to spend

Guys like Nurse, Benning, Strome and a few others who need new contracts may just be allowed to walk

I know it is only me--but it is about 1mill too much for a guy who will be your back up unless they have no faith in Talbot

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Friedman confirmed that Koskinen will sign with the oilers. Said the ask was 2.5M PER year, but not sure on exact details. Here's the quote from his most recent 31 Thoughts:
Elliotte Friedman said:
10. Quietly, Edmonton locked down KHL goaltender Mikko Koskinen a little while ago. It is believed that the Islanders, who drafted Koskinen in 2009, were also looking. He had a 1.72 goals against average in 35 regular-season and playoff games this season. Word is he was asking for two years at $2.5 million per, but no idea yet what the agreement is.
31 Thoughts: How different will Maple Leafs look in 2018–19? - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
this signing puts the oilers at about 64.88 mill against the cap with 6 spots to fill with 15 mill to spend

Guys like Nurse, Benning, Strome and a few others who need new contracts may just be allowed to walk

I know it is only me--but it is about 1mill too much for a guy who will be your back up unless they have no faith in Talbot

Yea no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->