Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He may appear nonchalant because he's still a bit lost - he's slowing things down for himself. He was dynamic, explosive and sometimes downright scary in Windsor. I expect more of the same in the NHL in 2-3 years.

Doesn't seem like he's lost as much as he'd rather not make mistakes that lead to benching or being sent back down. Lots of smart, simple plays from Serg so far, very little risk taking offensive plays. I'll take your word for it because I've only seen a handful of Windsor games, but in the games I did see he didn't control the game as much as Ryan Ellis did on the Windsor blueline.

You're probably right about him slowing things down for himself though, probably the smart thing to do if he has any "Subban" in him, Cooper hates that stuff.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Doesn't seem like he's lost as much as he'd rather not make mistakes that lead to benching or being sent back down. Lots of smart, simple plays from Serg so far, very little risk taking offensive plays. I'll take your word for it because I've only seen a handful of Windsor games, but in the games I did see he didn't control the game as much as Ryan Ellis did on the Windsor blueline.
Ok, you may be right. Maybe conservative is a better choice of words. But man, I remember watching him in Montreal last year, playing with his head down, getting ROCKED. It was scary. He was not ready at all. The difference between his first games as a Hab, and his play tonight was like night and day.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I hope he stays up. He looks like he could be a real asset.

In Yzerman we trust.

Full disclosure, I was upset at the Drouin trade but I am ashamed for doubting Stevie.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
His second goal was a sign of him maturing. I think the first couple of games this season he would have shot the puck right away, this time he skated it in a little bit and showed patience. I think we will see even more plays like that once he stop over compensating for NHL speed.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It was a matter of time before this night happened. I was upset about the Drouin trade for maybe 15 minutes before I said, "Well it's not like we didn't get a great player" and remembered how great he was during the Memorial Cup. I hope Sergachev becomes the franchise's next great defenseman

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Seriously. Even now he'll do one or two things small things a night that force me to consider the possibility of us having a second all-star calibre defenseman on the team. I get dizzy and have to think about something else. We'd win all of the Cups.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ok, you may be right. Maybe conservative is a better choice of words. But man, I remember watching him in Montreal last year, playing with his head down, getting ROCKED. It was scary. He was not ready at all. The difference between his first games as a Hab, and his play tonight was like night and day.

He's probably been rocked more often than any of our players, especially in the first couple of games.

I hope he stays up. He looks like he could be a real asset.

In Yzerman we trust.

Full disclosure, I was upset at the Drouin trade but I am ashamed for doubting Stevie.

Part of what's so astonishing about SFY is how he forces us to admit we're wrong about one thing or another, which, of course, hockey fans don't like to do.

I would say a solid minority of us thought Yzerman had improved this team in the off-season. And yet here we are, with a team that's not only winning, but winning some pretty tough games, and looking like a good team doing it.

I freaked out as much as anyone after the second FLA game. That was alarming. But here we are.

Steve ****ing Yzerman.

Pretty much this.

Apparently only one guy on the planet thought Dan Girardi was still good at hockey. Now suddenly, in an albeit small sample size, Girardi looks like he could actually justify a $3m contract.

Steve ****ing Yzerman.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Leading up to the season, I still hated Kunitz more than any other player in the league. I'm not exagerating either. I took personal offense to that signing. Fast forward a few weeks, and I would absolutely riot if I didn't see Kunitz out there alongside Cally.

Steve ****ing Yzerman.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Would you guys take back Drouin for Sergachev?

As great a talent as Drouin is we need Defence more than another forward in our log jam that is the top 6. Drouin was never going to be "they guy" in Tampa, which I feel is what he wanted. Maybe he can do that for Montreal

So far Serg has been a solid add to our lacking Defence.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

As it stands today - no. Its not just about the early scoring by Sergachev ... there is nowhere for Drouin to play. He really only shined on the PP but on 5v5 play he really didn't build chemistry with anyone and couldn't / wouldn't run the team's system. Plus all the whining and entitlement stories that came out, he left the team, etc. We don't need another scorer ... and it gives me some satisfaction to think Drouin forced himself out of a team that has the highest amount of points in the league to play for a bottom dwelling team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Depends what we could've gotten for Johnson, as it stands we just traded a 5m 3rd line C and signed another one for 7 years. Point pushed Johnson out of his role 2 years 2 early.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Depends what we could've gotten for Johnson, as it stands we just traded a 5m 3rd line C and signed another one for 7 years. Point pushed Johnson out of his role 2 years 2 early.
Yeah I was pretty pro moving Johnson - don't love his contract either.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Johnson has played like a top 6 forward so far, so no complaints

I'd lean toward having Drouin back until you factor in contracts, than Sergachev easily.
Follow up question. Would we rather have Drouin, Sergacherv, or Jones? :popcorn:

Reactions: Geoff72

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I'd lean toward having Drouin back until you factor in contracts, than Sergachev easily.
Follow up question. Would we rather have Drouin, Sergacherv, or Jones? :popcorn:

Probably Sergachev.

However I would be ecstatic if we could somehow re-acquire Drouin from the Canadiens. I don't know what it would cost but if the Canadiens continue this free fall that they're in then I can see them selling off big pieces like him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Add Ekblad we tried to trade Drouin for him, right? Anyway, I'd lean towards Jones.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
His final audition game tonight... I dont follow TBay closely but by the looks of things im assuming he will stay past the 9 game limit. IMO the coaching has handled his minutes perfectly so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad