Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If you have some spare minutes...totally worth it to go over to the Habs board. Let's just say that if I was Drouin, I'd be starting to regret a few decisions about where to play hockey for the next 6 years.
well not really, hes the man in montreal. He would never be that in TBL with Kuchy, Stammer as well as being surpassed by Johnson and Palat in Cooper's braintrust.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Drouin should have made friends in Tampa where the fan base loved him before he turned into a dick. They are crazy in MTL and will eat him alive if he doesn't produce for them

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You mean Drouin, who has never played center at a high level, has not turned out to be a solution to the 1c problem in Montreal? I, for one, am shocked.

My brain can't handle trying to convice them it was stupid and is stupid to play him at C, but vision, playmaking, jr's!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
My brain can't handle trying to convice them it was stupid and is stupid to play him at C, but vision, playmaking, jr's!

It's not like most Habs fans agree with the decision to have him at center to begin with. I'd personally still have Galchenyuk slotted in that spot, but whether it's him or Drouin, there's going to be growing pains. In any case, we're all quite happy with Drouin on our end. Glad to see Sergachev seems to be doing well for you guys so far.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Sergachev: 3 games down = 6 more to go this season? or 70+ more to go?

IMO, since he seems to be the only D actually putting shots ON NET so far (looking at you Heddy), I'm thinking he is staying

(edit) OK, I'm a dumbass, I checked the actual stats and Heddy is leading team in shots. Sure doesn't feel that way to me. Guess he needs to dial it in just as much as Stammer does. Serg is second in shots though and averaging 15:12 TOI

Last edited:

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Looks like they are finally getting it: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/136515035/

QONVIyz.gif

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sergachev: 3 games down = 6 more to go this season? or 70+ more to go?

IMO, since he seems to be the only D actually putting shots ON NET so far (looking at you Heddy), I'm thinking he is staying

(edit) OK, I'm a dumbass, I checked the actual stats and Heddy is leading team in shots. Sure doesn't feel that way to me. Guess he needs to dial it in just as much as Stammer does. Serg is second in shots though and averaging 15:12 TOI

I think Coop kind of tipped our hand last game with Koekkoek's 3 minutes TOI. I don't think I really believed Serg would be up for the full year, but now I do. Cooper has no faith in Koekkoek.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I think the odds of him being sent back are a little higher then some of you think. Could really go either way to me, he's been good for a 19 year old rookie, but in a vacuum where everyone is the same age and has the same name, he's not playing the minutes he's been getting. It's good to see Cooper learning from past mistakes and letting rookies make mistakes though. We'll see

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think the odds of him being sent back are a little higher then some of you think. Could really go either way to me, he's been good for a 19 year old rookie, but in a vacuum where everyone is the same age and has the same name, he's not playing the minutes he's been getting. It's good to see Cooper learning from past mistakes and letting rookies make mistakes though. We'll see

What do you mean by that? ~15mins a night is pretty solid for a 19 year defenseman, doesn't put him in over his head and gives him enough time to learn the game, it looks just right for him. Doesn't look like a guy who should be playing 18-20 mins a game against top offensive guys right now. Probably could be playing a little more if there wasn't such an increase in special teams this season.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

It's all up in the air and in the end I don't think any of us should be shocked if he is indeed sent back down. But on the flip-side he's been utilized almost perfectly and Sergachev in kind has responded well to everything that has been asked of him. Meanwhile Koekkoek only played something like 3 minutes in his last game. To send Sergachev down and keep Koekkoek up given these circumstances is the most baffling move I think we could possibly pull off at this point.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

I guess we can't be sure, since there's no middle-ground options to develop him this year. What does it tell you when you watch the kid playing tho, does he need another year in the OHL ? Getting minutes is fine, but not necessarily against a competition that is several tiers below. He's going to have many ups and downs as the season wears on, as it does with most of young dmen, but I personally would be baffled to see him sending back to Juniors.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hopefully he gets "injured" three or four times this year and goes back to the AHL for "conditioning" assignments. If he can do that for about 30 games this year I'd be all for it.

Reactions: The Green Unit

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Serg has played very well, I think he deserves more than the nine games. He started meh in the Florida games but was very good in the Washington and Pittsburgh games.

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
Hopefully he gets "injured" three or four times this year and goes back to the AHL for "conditioning" assignments. If he can do that for about 30 games this year I'd be all for it.

You mean Serg? If so, he's too young to go to AHL, he would have to go back to OHL (or Europe I guess). That's the whole problem. Top prospects should be able to get out of OHL at 18-19, and go AHL for a year, if they can't make the big club full time. Same problem we had with Drouin. Hopefully the league addresses it at some point.; who knows...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You mean Serg? If so, he's too young to go to AHL, he would have to go back to OHL (or Europe I guess). That's the whole problem. Top prospects should be able to get out of OHL at 18-19, and go AHL for a year, if they can't make the big club full time. Same problem we had with Drouin. Hopefully the league addresses it at some point.; who knows...
You can go to the AHL on a two week conditioning stint if you're returning from injury - that's what WW is referring to.

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
You can go to the AHL on a two week conditioning stint if you're returning from injury - that's what WW is referring to.

Huh. Much obliged; did not know that.
Is there a limit to how many times per season that can happen? Couldn't teams just get very liberal with their injury analysis and start sending young top prospects like Serg down once a month or so for top ice time? On the other side, I would imagine players (and mostly agents) don't want a huge medical file being built up (even if it is less than legit) so it wouldn't hinder future contract negotiations. Either way, I'm probably over thinking this. Disregard. Happy Friday... Friday the 13th!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Huh. Much obliged; did not know that.
Is there a limit to how many times per season that can happen? Couldn't teams just get very liberal with their injury analysis and start sending young top prospects like Serg down once a month or so for top ice time? On the other side, I would imagine players (and mostly agents) don't want a huge medical file being built up (even if it is less than legit) so it wouldn't hinder future contract negotiations. Either way, I'm probably over thinking this. Disregard. Happy Friday... Friday the 13th!!!
At the end of the day a doctor has to make the call, and frankly teams want their best players playing. I don't know if there is a limit, but I think it is such a limited exception as to not be open to too much abuse.

But I'm sure the Leafs will figure something out if they need to.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Drouin should have made friends in Tampa where the fan base loved him before he turned into a dick. They are crazy in MTL and will eat him alive if he doesn't produce for them
The Fanbase loved him regardless when he actually got onto the ice and showed he was a very good player. I think trading him is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
The Fanbase loved him regardless when he actually got onto the ice and showed he was a very good player. I think trading him is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Ehh, I loved the offensive tools he brought to the team, not necessarily him as a person (and if the rumors are true, his mommy and daddy's control over him).

Now, somebody like Kuch, gotta love the guy. "Win first, all else comes second." How do you not love that mentality. "The team before the individual." I'm pretty sure that's Yzerman's core principal, not sure the young Mr. Drouin was fully 100% on board with that, at least from the outside looking in.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And that would make the AHL even more interesting to follow moreover. That rule doesn't make really sense from a sport perspective. Could there be some lobbying from the CHL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad