Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Thought he would get the Pietrangelo treatment and stay up until the WJC, go play there, then go back to junior. Fine with this too though.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I like what we did, I'm sure he has a clear idea of what he needs to improve on and how to do so. Gave him a taste a big show for extra motivation too.

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
His cap hit was $97,639.

Don't know about his actual salary.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canadiens/cap-tracker

His NHL salary including signing bonus is 925k USD.

At 26 weeks in a season, this would mean about 5k every day he was here. There's escrow and taxes and other stuff like agent share but still. I'm not mad he got kept here a bit longer - might motivate him. The stipend in juniors.....

You want to keep your 1st round pick happy.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
They handled him perfectly imo. Got some games in, learned how to practiced from some pro players, learned the road life.....

Now back to Junior to dominate

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can someone more knowledgeable estimate exactly how much he made during his stay here ? It would be fun to know.

His NHL salary is $925,000 per season. The Collective bargaining agreement states that players be paid on the 15th and 30th of every month. His Cap hit so far this season on Cap Friendly is $97,639 over one month (less on day) and 9 games the Habs played. That's all I can find.

If you prorate his $925,000 over 9 games it's $101,524. $100 G's (+/-) for 3 actual games played and much valuable NHL experience is not to bad. I'm sure he's happy with how he was treated!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's for the best, he'll log in tons of minutes now, which he wasn't going to see here. At least he got a taste of what it's like to be an NHLer, could be a huge motivating source for him. Going to be fun to watch him progress.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Just being around guys like Weber/Markov/Emelin for a month will help him a ton.

Practicing with experienced veterans like that and a couple fellow Russians will only do good for him, now he still has the rest of the regular season, playoffs and Memorial Cup while also getting some good experience.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Exactly. IDK why people panic. + he prolly spent some valuable time with the team, training, restaurant, hotels etc

exactly.

People are panicking? I think most people wanted him back in the OHL so he can play, lol

they were. they were reacting like they do to almost every single move management makes. As if we're the most incompetent organization ever. it's really annoying.

if people really can't see the benefits of him staying up even if he's not playing then I'm sorry I just can't be bothered.

If people think him missing 5-6 more OHL games then he would've had he been sent down when he 'should have been' is really some colossal misstep and is going to derail his development then maybe it's time to just settle down and think for a bit.

He's going to be playing in the Memorial Cup. he can miss a few games to learn how pros act and prepare. Do people really need to be told this? Sorry if I'm pissy about this but come on. This whole hypothetially inept at every turn management that's been conjured up just needs to learn some boundaries.

As far as Sergachev himself, he looked shakey and just not ready but man oh man is he going to be good. His stick-handling and passing really shocked me. Dude really is the complete package.

My only complaint is I wish he was a Centerman lol.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Well at least he got a NHL salary for a few weeks... that should last him for the year.

He already would have got his 92K signing bonus, so sure he made a few bucks, but it was never about the money.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Would have liked to see another game or two for him but alas it's better that he play in junior games than ride the pine in the NHL at this point.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Was expecting this but with Redmond injured, wish we would have picked McIlroth when on waivers. No real 7 or 8 right now.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Thank god. Now I can stop hearing about how his development is being ruined every other day.

Serge must be a quick learner. They always say how important it is for 17 and 18 year olds to practice with NHL greats, sleep in their houses, watch them practice, wash their socks etc. I think we can all agree that Sergachev may well be the Dovakhiin Dragonborn, devourer of defenseman souls. And since Shea Weber oozes machismo, leadership and calmness young Sergy's probably soaked that up like a sponge too. I think it's fair to say his vessel is probably at maximum atm.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Would have liked to see another game or two for him but alas it's better that he play in junior games than ride the pine in the NHL at this point.

My feeling as well. Get his 9 games in and then send him back. Would have been good to see him against the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad