Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
If we send him down next week like speculations says... does that mean with call up Barberio until Redmond is back? Can't stay at 6 dman.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Why do you think Emelin is on the trading block? He seems to be playing well, and Therrien is saying very nice things. Plus he is being played a lot.

Do you believe this is really a showcase for a trade at max value?
Do you really think he's good enough to play with Weber on the first pairing? This is showcasing 101. The key here is that Pateryn was solid all month, and it make Emelin expandable. Bergie want his option open for as long as possible, and the moment Sergachev goes to junior he's not coming back.

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
IMO they are keeping him here as insurance. He's the next in line and they would play him if they had the free spot. There is little for him to learn in junior and training with the big team is helpful (although playing would be a good thing). Also - he gets paid like an NHLer instead of nothing in junior which is good for motivating your first round pick.

There is a possibility (% debatable) that during the next games one of our Dmen gets injured - and you cannot recall him from junior anymore. You can recall Barberio anytime.

If they could send him to the AHL, where he could play against pros, be paid like a pro and be called up whenever needed, I'm sure we would be there. It's the whole "junior" thing that's messing up stuff.

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
Well at least he got a NHL salary for a few weeks... that should last him for the year.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I wish he did better than that. He's obviously not ready for NHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know if there are call ups to come. We are now 12 forwards and 6 defensemen and 2 goalies. Or if MB is making room in the cap for a trade? Redmond isn't coming back for another few weeks. And when he returns, he'll surely be sent to AHL on a 14-day conditioning stint.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I don't know if there are call ups to come. We are now 12 forwards and 6 defensemen and 2 goalies. Or if MB is making room in the cap for a trade? Redmond isn't coming back for another few weeks. And when he returns, he'll surely be sent to AHL on a 14-day conditioning stint.

Barbs or Carr might be called back for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad