Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man it's amazing the different views on how to handle this kid. Easy to agree with both sides of the argument.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He's practicing with the team, that's important too. He needs to get used to competing against NHL caliber players, be it in a real game or in practice.

Sending him to junior won't accomplish much for him imo, his biggest issue is the amount of time it takes him to make a play in the d-zone. Junior players can't punish him for slow decision making, NHL players can and will.

Well said!

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
For me if he's good enough to play, he should be in the lineup most of the time. If he isn't, then he should go back.

These kids need to play. I don't know how much practicing with the team helped Tinordi last year.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
With the Redmond injury, i can see why they keeping him longer than was probably previously intended

if hes learning watching from the pressbox and geting a couple games in here and there and practicing as a PRO, this is all helpful to him

i still think he only gets 9 games total, and hopefully they do let him play in world junior and OHL rest of the year, would probably be a major boost for the spitfires when it happens too

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dany Dubé on TVA Sports seems convinced Sergachev will play on Saturday against the Leafs and on Sunday he'll be sent back to Windsor. We shall see.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
He's practicing with the team, that's important too. He needs to get used to competing against NHL caliber players, be it in a real game or in practice.

Sending him to junior won't accomplish much for him imo, his biggest issue is the amount of time it takes him to make a play in the d-zone. Junior players can't punish him for slow decision making, NHL players can and will.

I think this argument could be made for all top prospects.

The Enrico Ciccone story made a lot of sense though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If he plays on Saturday...who sits? Pateryn needs to stay in the line up? Beaulieu? No way should he sit.

Best to send him down.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He's learning a hell of a lot from practices and watching the team from the press box. I'm all for this. He'll go back down sometime after Christmas.

If he is not going to be given a regular amount of ice time and games I would rather him sent down than potentially waste a year of contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's only the 1st month of the season. Keeping Serge up with the big team is all about exposure and giving him experience with being around the team and playing 9 NHL games. Then he goes back to Junior and plays top minutes. All is good! I have no complaints on how they are handling his situation. Watch for him at the World Junior under 20's this year too! Juulsen will also probably make team Canada so these two guys will be in the Habs top 4 D mix in 2 years ish! Will be a good to see them play on the world stage

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Emelin is on the block the moment that trade get done we know what they really want to do with Sergie.

Why do you think Emelin is on the trading block? He seems to be playing well, and Therrien is saying very nice things. Plus he is being played a lot.

Do you believe this is really a showcase for a trade at max value?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dany Dubé on TVA Sports seems convinced Sergachev will play on Saturday against the Leafs and on Sunday he'll be sent back to Windsor. We shall see.

He's gonna ball on his jr teammates with his 1 month of NHL salary.

That's about $100,000..in USD of course.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I say keep him around practicing, give him the odd game (under 10 total) and then send him back to juniors for the WJC. That way it's under 41 games and under 10 so he doesn't burn an RFA or contract year.

The kid gets to taste NHL lifestyle and that should drive him all year in juniors and mem cup. He'll want to make sure he makes the team next year. Plus, they'll get a couple months to show him where he needs to improve so he can work on that before next camp.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
why can't people see what is clear.
Sergachev parents came over and WHO IS PAYING FOR THIS?
By keeping Sergachev up with the BIG club he gets a ton more money NOW. He gets to pay for the Parents trip and makes enough money to buy his first car. Its all about treating the KID RIGHT. promises are one thing, but MONEY TALKS. The kid has a good head, he wont spend it all in a bar in one night. It proves to the parents that the Habs like the kid and will always treat him very very well ( no need to worry ) Don't you think Sergachev parents talked to Markov ( in russian ) about the Habs organization and the way the Habs oversee all aspects of this YOUNG kid in Montreal. Clean living, hard work, safety at all times with a mentor or two to oversee this BIG but only 18 years old kid.
Dont you think parents worry about all this.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It's not the end of the world if he misses a couple of junior games. He's practicing with the best team in the NHL, learning and training with some of the biggest gym beasts in the NHL. Really, he'll be on the Russian u20 and at the memorial cup, he'll have plenty of games.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
It's not the end of the world if he misses a couple of junior games. He's practicing with the best team in the NHL, learning and training with some of the biggest gym beasts in the NHL. Really, he'll be on the Russian u20 and at the memorial cup, he'll have plenty of games.

Nice to see many understand what they are doing with one of our potential future star!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's good that he's getting to work out with guys like Markov, Weber, etc.., but at the same you never want to see an 18 year old sitting for very long. He's only played in 3 games this year and at some point that's going to be concerning that he's not getting games in. Going to be very interesting to see how they handle this. Personally haven't been a big fan of how they have handled other prospects in the past so I admit I am worried here since you don't want to mess up such a skilled player and likely major cornerstone of our future.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Well said!

so you think he will learn to cope practicing? play him like other teams play their young guys or send him back to junior. These clowns have ruined the confidence of enough guys!!!!!! playing at home and against a team full of young guys is the perfect time to play him. I could understand against Philly and maybe Tampa but this is now BS. Guessing MT wants to turn him into a better man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad