Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Based on a tweet about a hit?

Yeah, that makes sense.

What about he's 6'1, 3rd in pts on his team (behind 2 recent 2nd rounders), has double the points of any D on his team. Leading the OHL for D points (to be fair, the top 2 pointers for FWD are also from Erie)

Might be a product of his brother and Debrincat or might have bloomed. Definitely worth an invite IMO. From the OHL, you also have Palmu and Tyanulin who should get some invites (Palmu was invited to our last camp).

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Imagine if he pulled a Fedorov and moved up to C or RW since he likes to rush in from the right hand side... hey, he's got the tools to do it.

Does MTL push for it? Probably not, unless come TDL MB can get a young LD who's better than Beaulieu.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine if he pulled a Fedorov and moved up to C or RW since he likes to rush in from the right hand side... hey, he's got the tools to do it.

Does MTL push for it? Probably not, unless come TDL MB can get a young LD who's better than Beaulieu.

Absolutely not. Just like when people toyed with the idea of having Subban as a forward. Silly.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
This is why I laugh when I hear these trade proposals involving Sergachev......Bergevin is way too smart to trade him for second line players.

Yeah this kid is going to be a stud. It's the one good thing about last year is that we will at least hopefully have a 1-D to step up and replace Weber some day. And honestly Weber - Sergachev sounds like it could be a Burns - Vlasic combo except both have the ability to be offensive juggernauts

As I said earlier this year, I never saw a such big guy skating that well.. His skating is fluid, effortless and can switch gears to rush the puck and skate away from his opponents..

He's a ****ing gem. Only way I trade him is for a bonafide elite centerman with TERM

Last edited by a moderator:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Man can this kid skate. And he is 6'3" 220 lbs.

Habs have drafted 3 number one D men in the last 20 years, Markov, McDo and PK. These guys do not grow on trees. We could have had a duo of McDo and PK which would have been a killer combo, but of course we traded McDo.

As to Sergachev packaged for Duchene I think I pass. I get that Sergachev, statistically is likelier to not be a no.1 than to be a no.1,but he is the best chance we have. Our top end D pool consists of Sergachev and Juulsen, who mostly I think can say is hoped to be a top 4, maybe a no.3.

If Sergachev is the real deal, huge for this team, for maybe a decade plus. worth the risk to me.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Man can this kid skate. And he is 6'3" 220 lbs.

Habs have drafted 3 number one D men in the last 20 years, Markov, McDo and PK. These guys do not grow on trees. We could have had a duo of McDo and PK which would have been a killer combo, but of course we traded McDo.

As to Sergachev packaged for Duchene I think I pass. I get that Sergachev, statistically is likelier to not be a no.1 than to be a no.1,but he is the best chance we have. Our top end D pool consists of Sergachev and Juulsen, who mostly I think can say is hoped to be a top 4, maybe a no.3.

If Sergachev is the real deal, huge for this team, for maybe a decade plus. worth the risk to me.

Yup the future of this team 5-6 years down the line is Chucky as bonafide 1-C and Sergachev as bonafide 1-D. We will need pieces around them at this point but those are 2 of the biggest needs of a team set for years to come.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
His ability to carry and play the puck and generate offense and possession is insane. Obviously there are rough edges to his game, but if he even puts most of it together, you're looking at a franchise-level D-man. What he's doing at his age is incredible. He is once again one of the most productive D in the OHL at 18 (both guys ahead of him are 20, will be 21 at the end of the season).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sergachev with 13 pts in the last 9 games including goals in 3 of the last 4. I have been saying we just can't trade him as there is no hope of replacing Markov if we lose Sergachev and unless we lose Price for most of the season again, I don't see us lucking out and getting the possible top defensemen picked in the draft.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I haven't been as excited about any Hab draft pick in a long time with the possible exception of Galchenyuk, and in the long run Sergachev may prove to be the more valuable acquisition. I would never trade him for any forward who wasn't a first or second overall pick (but not for Yakupov!). Duchene wouldn't be enough of a return.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I haven't been as excited about any Hab draft pick in a long time with the possible exception of Galchenyuk, and in the long run Sergachev may prove to be the more valuable acquisition. I would never trade him for any forward who wasn't a first or second overall pick (but not for Yakupov!). Duchene wouldn't be enough of a return.

Sergachev's ceiling is higher than what we've seen Duchene's to be.

I don't know what we could give Colorado that they'd want for Duchene, excluding Sergachev.

would some elements from Juulsen, Sherbak, Charlie Lingren, McCarron, Lehkonen, Danault, Gallagher, a 1st be enough?

Jul 6, 2016
Sergachev is a keeper. No doubt.

Let's just hope Galchenyuk gonna improve his faceoffs skills and two-way game under Julien.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Sergachev's ceiling is higher than what we've seen Duchene's to be.

I don't know what we could give Colorado that they'd want for Duchene, excluding Sergachev.

would some elements from Juulsen, Sherbak, Charlie Lingren, McCarron, Lehkonen, Danault, Gallagher, a 1st be enough?

Yes, some, but all would be an overpayment. Duchene is a very good player but not a superstar.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What about he's 6'1, 3rd in pts on his team (behind 2 recent 2nd rounders), has double the points of any D on his team. Leading the OHL for D points (to be fair, the top 2 pointers for FWD are also from Erie)

Might be a product of his brother and Debrincat or might have bloomed. Definitely worth an invite IMO. From the OHL, you also have Palmu and Tyanulin who should get some invites (Palmu was invited to our last camp).

So not based on a tweet about a hit.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Package him up for Tavares, while his stock is high.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
As much as I love him, there are only a few players I would package Serg up for, and Tavares is definitely one of them.

Duchene isn't in that tier of players.

I agree with this 100%. Sergachev is a real blue chipper and if we're going to let him go we need to be looking at better players than Duchene. Tavares would definitely be somebody I'd be willing to let go of Sergachev for.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Third in PPG (.97) in OHL behind Raddysh (1.29) and Centorame (1.00).
Both are two years older.

Mete is 10th at .89 ahead of Juolevi who is 14h at .80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad