Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He's Ok, Big hit though......

Thanks/cheers for that...great sigh of relief for that ''he's ok''.

Really hopes he learns to move faster when making plays or keeping his head up to always see who is coming at him (from the side, behind,etc)...all to protect himself better. PK Subban is one of the best dmen for that...like he has eyes in the back of his head...always knew who was coming and always made plays while getting out of the way of the train that was targeting him for a major crush-hit,etc. I hope Sergachev could develop this important skill...iron-man skill.

Good to hear/read he's ok.

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks/cheers for that...great sigh of relief for that ''he's ok''.

Really hopes he learns to move faster when making plays or keeping his head up to always see who is coming at him (from the side, behind,etc)...all to protect himself better. PK Subban is one of the best dmen for that...like he has eyes in the back of his head...always knew who was coming and always made plays while getting out of the way of the train that was targeting him for a major crush-hit,etc. I hope Sergachev could develop this important skill...iron-man skill.

Good to hear/read he's ok.

He was hit badly at NHL level during the camp and the three games he played... He has to learn or he will get destroyed for good.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He was hit badly at NHL level during the camp and the three games he played... He has to learn or he will get destroyed for good.

Now there's more to worry about in his game and development.
(his defensive game and now this...how he has to improve on avoiding/getting out of the way of violent hits).

And, I remember that...pre-season NHL game...it was behind the net...Sergachev wasn't looking or wasn't ready and boom he got hit hard behind the net and he fell down and looked out of it when he got back up and skated back to the bench...not good to see.

So, he really really needs to work on this being faster and keeping his head up and always always being ready for that hit that may end his career. With PK Subban I never had to worry about this...he was one of the best I've seen...really hope Sergachev watches lots of videos of the best of the best (Doughty, Subban, Keith) and how they avoid getting hit. Or, else...Sergachev's career won't last too long.

cheers

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
(his defensive game and now this...how he has to improve on avoiding/getting out of the way of violent hits).

And, I remember that...pre-season NHL game...it was behind the net...Sergachev wasn't looking or wasn't ready and boom he got hit hard behind the net and he fell down and looked out of it when he got back up and skated back to the bench...not good to see.

So, he really really needs to work on this being faster and keeping his head up and always always being ready for that hit that may end his career. With PK Subban I never had to worry about this...he was one of the best I've seen...really hope Sergachev watches lots of videos of the best of the best (Doughty, Subban, Keith) and how they avoid getting hit. Or, else...Sergachev's career won't last too long.

cheers

I'm thinking that at 6'3" and 220 lbs he previously has not had to worry too much about getting hit. Wake up time. Hopefully he will learn before he catches a concussion.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm thinking that at 6'3" and 220 lbs he previously has not had to worry too much about getting hit. Wake up time. Hopefully he will learn before he catches a concussion.

E.Lindros was 6'4, 230lbs+, but he was hit often and had to retire due to concussions.

Also, Sergachev will always be a target since he goes for big hits, as well, no? From what I've read here...he goes for big hits sometimes, so he will be targeted.

He better learn quickly or else he will start collecting concussions.

Netter

Jan 14, 2016

cheers

Give the Kid some time, he was only 18 1/4 years old playing
with Men (NHL) - Boston game I believe, He will fiqure it out,
As long as they don't Rush him in.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Raddysh is undrafted... maybe someone to look at as a free agent

Can't see the tweet on my browser at the moment... did he get hit hard by Darren or Taylor Raddysh? D-zone or O-zone?

I guess he didn't do too bad in a game where Raddysh, Cirelli and Strome were coming at him.

Any insight from those who watched the game would be awesome, thanks.

May Claude turn Mickey into a Monster next year... Mickey Mouse, Cookie Monster... Mickey Monster. :nod:

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver
Can't see the tweet on my browser at the moment... did he get hit hard by Darren or Taylor Raddysh? D-zone or O-zone?

I guess he didn't do too bad in a game where Raddysh, Cirelli and Strome were coming at him.

Any insight from those who watched the game would be awesome, thanks.

May Claude turn Mickey into a Monster next year... Mickey Mouse, Cookie Monster... Mickey Monster. :nod:

It was Darren, Taylor's brother!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

cheers

Come on...the kid is 18 years old. He will learn, he has show to be very talented and smart so far so I personally am not worried. Also not like he is under 6 feet and 170lbs.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I agree that this is a worry. He needs to protect himself better because one big hit might end his career.

That is something he can learn to improve on from our superstar puck-rushing D---man oh wait

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
A little early in assessing the overall package that's Sergachev, having read most comments from learned hockey evaluators, watched many games/highlight packages, the Habs have a virtual lock on two #1 Dmen. Weber without any reservation, Sergachev in the very near future 2-4 yrs., developing as one expects an athlete that pushes himself, Mikhail being by nature, a player that will be the best. Norris/Conn Smythe Trophies for both is also a high possibility, IMHO!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

As a lifelong Habs fan, really looking forward to watching a Top Pairing of Weber/Sergachev dominating the opposition for years to come.:nod::nod::nod:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Goal and an assist tonight in a win over Sarnia, +3 and 5 SOG. 36 points in 37 games. Love it.

Nice rush of his from the game before last, gets an assist on the play as well:

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Goal and an assist tonight in a win over Sarnia, +3 and 5 SOG. 36 points in 37 games. Love it.

Nice rush of his from the game before last, gets an assist on the play as well:

Its crazy the number of shots on goal he takes per game..

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
For 6"3 220 ..

thats crazy wheels around the net.

As I said earlier this year, I never saw a such big guy skating that well.. His skating is fluid, effortless and can switch gears to rush the puck and skate away from his opponents..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad