Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Is he automatically are best prospect?

Im at peace with this pick. Was hoping Nylander would drop.to us. I was debating between him and Jost at this point.

... By far.

So sad that we missed Keller, though. Phoenix coming out of this draft with him and Chychrun... Wow.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Jason Gregor just tweeted that he's hearing that Mikhail Sergachev would have been the pick if Jesse Puljujarvi didn't slide to 4th. Take that for what you will. He's the best D in this draft class, he's got HUGE upside.

Incredible pick.

He's by far our best prospect.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Jason Gregor just tweeted that he's hearing that Mikhail Sergachev would have been the pick if Jesse Puljujarvi didn't slide to 4th. Take that for what you will. He's the best D in this draft class, he's got HUGE upside.

Incredible pick.

To be quite honest...

How can anyone be confident who's going to be the best defenseman out of Juolevi, Sergachev, Chychrun down the road? You can even throw Bean and McAvoy into the mix as well.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Is he automatically our best prospect?

Im at peace with this pick. Was hoping Nylander would drop.to us. I was debating between him and Jost at this point.

Good question, I think yes, although I've not seen a hole lot of Juulsen.

I've never been high on McCarron to begin with.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
To be quite honest...

How can anyone be confident who's going to be the best defenseman out of Juolevi, Sergachev, Chychrun down the road? You can even throw Bean and McAvoy into the mix as well.

I watch a ton of junior hockey, from what I saw, he looked like the best, most ready D in the draft, him and Juolevi obviously close.

I'm in love with his game, he completely controls the ice, very strong at both ends of the ice.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not really.. I'm not sure if he sits ahead of McCarron or Scherbak

Today he is, no doubt about it.

But he will need to learn how to play farther from the circle in the O-zone, a D going down low is not tolerated in these part. He can be quite nonchalant at time that's also something not tolerated around here.

I don't see any middle ground for him with us. He either get through like a hot knife in butter or it's development hell and he get traded for scrap in ~4years. :popcorn:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Here come the Habs fanboys who haven't followed any of these prospects for the past 1-2 years.

Please tell us how Sergachev is better than Juolevi and how he's the best dman in the draft, please bestow upon us your knowledge!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Here come the Habs fanboys who haven't followed any of these prospects for the past 1-2 years.

Please tell us how Sergachev is better than Juolevi and how he's the best dman in the draft, please bestow upon us your knowledge!

Here comes the wannabe scout that thinks his opinion is a lot more important than it actually is.

:popcorn:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Here comes the wannabe scout that thinks his opinion is a lot more important than it actually is.

:popcorn:

i'd rather comment on something i have knowledge about instead of talking out of my ass.

if that rubs you the wrong way because youre a Habs fanboy and we picked a player that i dislike then so be it, no need to be salty tho.. think about your blood pressure!

i've been saying the same things about Sergachev well before he got drafted, do you want me to be all happy now and hop onto the Sergachev fanboy bandwagon? that isnt gonna happen

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
i'd rather comment on something i have knowledge about instead of talking out of my ass.

if that rubs you the wrong way because your a Habs fanboy and we picked a player that i dislike then so be it, no need to be salty tho.. think about your blood pressure!

The irony of it all is that you were Sergachev's biggest fanboy around what... Three months ago?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I absolutely love this pick! It was between him and Jost, who I had ahead of Juolevi, Keller and Nylander (all taken ahead of him). FYI, Brown is much further down on my list, I see him as a project.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The irony of it all is that you were Sergachev's biggest fanboy around what... Three months ago?

i saw him play and changed my opinion, so what? anywho i'm not here to argue with people, we'll just have to see how he turns out in a few years (and we can pick this argument back up).

if you're happy with the pick that's fine.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don't pretend to know anything about Sergachov, so can someone who's seen him answer a few questions I have?

Does he use his size?

How is his shot?

Who do you see as an NHL comparable should he pan out?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad