Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
So, the team that desperately needs goal scoring, drafts an euro defenceman.

Just bloody fabulous...
I will agree with you but we still have to see what MB does to get the habs some scoring before the season starts. So I can't say yet that I don't like this pick yet. It just too early.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Just bloody fabulous...

Sergachev is going to be our next Markov, this is offense on the back end for sure, plus the potential for way more. He's a hulking D-man as well who skates like the wind, won't get pushed around.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Just bloody fabulous...

We can fix scoring by signing free agents, no forward prospect that we could have drafted would have fixed our scoring problems right away

MEH!.... our biggest weakness is up the middle and we pass on a guy that is 6'6 for a guy playing a position we already packed with...

We aren't stacked at LHD, that's a fact.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
SN talking about how this pick could make PK expendable.

Lets calm down here. The chances of him making the club this season are small, and even then, his impact would likely not be very high.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Now Markov needs to show him and teach him all his tricks. He will be in good hands. :handclap:

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Hopefully Markov wil mentor this guy. Reduce Markov'sminutes and let him play with this young Russian.
Kid sounds bright. Let him learn. Maybe it can lead to coaching down the road for Markov.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
good pick, doesn't matter with numbnuts coaching.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think we got the best Dman available and I'm fine with it because all the forwards that felt complete enough to me were gone. They could have traded down, but Sergachev has some serious tools: skating, passing, shooting. He'll be a great prospect I'm sure.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
well now we can have fun comparing Sergachev and Brown in the upcoming years, we should have picked Brown.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
most likeliest player to bust in the top 10, huge upside tho. i personally dont like the pick, wanted Brown.

There is an Andrei Kostitsyn feel to this pick... I guess Timmins is a slow learner. Sergachev just does not strike me as somebody who will raise his game when it matters.

Still probably the obvious pick to make at this spot.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
There is an Andrei Kostitsyn feel to this pick... I guess Timmins is a slow learner. Sergachev just does not strike me as somebody who will raise his game when it matters.

Sergachev is nothing like Kostitsyn.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

That's not a good comparison at all.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Also Kostitsyn wasn't a Timmins pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad