Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
There is an Andrei Kostitsyn feel to this pick... I guess Timmins is a slow learner. Sergachev just does not strike me as somebody who will raise his game when it matters.

Still probably the obvious pick to make at this spot.

he's very inconsistent and his d-game has holes, amazing tools tho..

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Yeah I really wanted a center here and then pick D with the two second round picks but MB kinda ****ed that up when he gave the second round picks away.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
So many pro scouts on this board. Preference over position i can see but so many speaking with certainty that after watching some highlights they are clearly correct

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
BPA was Brown, sorry

I disagree.

Brown won't ever be a Joe Thornton, and he just gives me creepy vibes of Latendresse for some reason.

And anyway Brown or not, Sergachev is a great pick on its own, he was a few points away from being a .ppg defenseman and he seems to have great smarts. You don't think it's possible for him to learn the defensive game at an elite level? Because I do. He would then be an incredible asset, a bigger Markov. And btw, any pick can bust, all the way up to the two finns. It's about tools, potential, intangibles, etc. No way to predict the future.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
most likeliest player to bust in the top 10, huge upside tho. i personally dont like the pick, wanted Brown.

Why do you say that? He needs to work in the defensive end a bit for sure but his poise/maturity with the pick is amazing for a17year old kid that just moved a world away and adjusting to a new style of game. Youngest ever OHL D man of the year. My favorite D man of the draft, once Keller was gone i was Hoping for Mikhail.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Agree to disagree

i called PLD and Juolevi going high in this draft, we'll see what happens with Brown and Sergachev in a few years.

Why do you say that? He needs to work in the defensive end a bit for sure but his poise/maturity with the pick is amazing for a17year old kid that just moved a world away and adjusting to a new style of game. Youngest ever OHL D man of the year. My favorite D man of the draft, once Keller was gone i was Hoping for Mikhail.

i've made enough comments in Sergachev's thread about him, you can look those up. pretty sure i've seen him play the most out of anyone on this board.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1866393 (starts from page 9)

Last edited:

Vicious

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Sergachev's interview with 690 when told "Juolevi said that he should be the first defesenman drafted because he's the best defenseman in the draft. What does Mikhail Sergachev say to that?" Sergachev: "I'm the most beautiful defenseman in the draft."

I'm sold. He then proceeded to name few Habs players and call Subban beautiful as well.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sergachev's interview with 690 when told "Juolevi said that he should be the first defesenman drafted because he's the best defenseman in the draft. What does Mikhail Sergachev say to that?" Sergachev: "I'm the most beautiful defenseman in the draft."

I'm sold. He then proceeded to name few Habs players and call Subban beautiful as well.

Galchenyuk, Sherbak and him will be fun to watch once they develop. They all are talented and have personality.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The pick is fine since Keller and Nylander were gone.

But I have a bad feeling about this, Sergachev will be under the tutelage of Lefebvre, the D-III Prodigy and Therrien, somewhat feel likes the worse fit for us.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
The pick is fine since Keller and Nylander were gone.

But I have a bad feeling about this, Sergachev will be under the tutelage of Lefebvre, the D-III Prodigy and Therrien, somewhat feel likes the worse fit for us.

Sergachev will bypass Lefebvre.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Logan Brown is hot garbage, nothing to cry about by missing out on that kid.

Brown is an excellent puck possession player and he has amazing offensive abilities aswell, just look at him play and his production.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I really like the addition of Andrew Shaw. This guy is very competitive. Reminds me of Brendan Gallagher. He crashes the net get the dirty goals.

Elfward7

Jun 24, 2016
I feel like Sergachev will be a good pick long term. I think he'll fit in fairly quickly and could likely pass Beaulieu on our depth chart. At least like that we got someone with a bit of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA