Injury Report: Mikael Granlund ("Upper Body")

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm just not sure he's big enough to play in this league. He doesn't have the skating of Martin St Louis and doesn't have evasiveness of Patrick Kane.

Rick Nash and Alex Semin have both sustained two concussions within a year, but nobody can say they're too small for the NHL. Unfortunately plenty of good players have concussion issues, starting from Crosby. Concussions are a problem in the league as a whole and happen to big players too, and the entire PMB comparison makes me roll my eyes.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Mike Russo @Russostrib
Granlund shut down. Yeo said "we're not making progress, so we're going to try a different approach." Obviously setback since skate #mnwild

Does 'shut down' in this context mean that he's held off from all activity?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Mike Russo @Russostrib
Granlund shut down. Yeo said "we're not making progress, so we're going to try a different approach." Obviously setback since skate #mnwild

Does 'shut down' in this context mean that he's held off from all activity?

Pretty sure it does. Go home and rest up, let your brain try to unscramble. :(

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
So much baseless speculation and throwing random **** in the air here. News would be appreciated but there's none.

Billy Mays Here*

Haula proving he's not completely overwhelmed at the NHL level softens this blow a lot. Not sure why the injuries aren't bothering me as much this year as they have in years past.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rick Nash and Alex Semin have both sustained two concussions within a year, but nobody can say they're too small for the NHL. Unfortunately plenty of good players have concussion issues, starting from Crosby. Concussions are a problem in the league as a whole and happen to big players too, and the entire PMB comparison makes me roll my eyes.

Lindros would be the case that illustrates your point.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
And Patrice Bergeron illustrates that a bad concussion is not the end of the road. He just plays a lot smarter, now. And he's pretty damned impressive, at that.

OpRedDawn*

Wasn't there that awesome concussion dude in atlanta or something? send granny there to help? :dunno:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haula proving he's not completely overwhelmed at the NHL level softens this blow a lot. Not sure why the injuries aren't bothering me as much this year as they have in years past.

Yeah, too bad he's stuck playing on the fourth line with Rupp and Konopka.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
This is terrible, he looked so good.

I'd be afraid that he has suffered more concussions than we know about too.

I distinctly remember that he got hit in the head during the pre-season scrimmage last year and looked to be shaking his head on the bench...maybe it was nothing or maybe it helps explain his timid play compared to this season.

I dont know...im just suspicious of everything now that we have another promising injury prone player in minny.

Quite probably. -- When he returns he MUST change his playing style. And I bet he will. Hope he can be effective regardless and stay away from the harms way.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Even tho they are similar players in terms on size and playmaking, granlund is the stronger skater in defending the puck with his body + skating out of said trouble, bouchard was never strong at this.

Im not too worried, granlund is going to be a great player once he fully recovers and understands he needs to figure out how to be affective physically and pick his hits better so he doesnt potentially hurt himself, and that comes with learning experiences like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad