Injury Report: Mikael Granlund (4/15: likely to play Game One)

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
Weird that Russo etc. thinks this injury happened because Granlund made a bad hit? That was the case! I hope he is healthy soon!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Concussions generally seem to go like this:

First concussion you can usually bounce back from quickly for whatever reason.

Second and later concussions tend to take a long time to recover from them. Probably because the brain hasn't fully healed from the first one, maybe it takes years to recover from them even if we don't feel the effects.

When you get the concussion, you feel the effects. It's like the brain can't fully process the world around it. So things like bright lights, loud noises, moving in a car, etc can trigger symptoms. It would be encouraging to see Granlund can handle those things.

The next step would be working out to see if that triggers symptoms. I think it's getting the heart pumping that can trigger things. A lot of times that's when we see "set backs".

Lastly, they start skating with no symptoms, and then re-join the team for practice, then finally back into games.

Near as I can tell, Granlund may or may not have symptoms but doesn't seem to be working out at all, so I'd say he's still a couple weeks away at the earliest.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
You might be right, but like Yeo said that he should be ready for the playoffs and that's all that matters.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Have to take some words back, if there isn't some news soon it's hard to believe that he would be ready for the playoffs. Good thing that Haula is playing great!

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Concussions do take time to return from, sometimes months, but the team would have shut him down completely until the playoffs whether it was a minor or major injury.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
The fact that he was at a game shortly after a speculated concussion injury is a good sign, but we haven't been given a fallow up since then, which is not encouraging.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The fact that he was at a game shortly after a speculated concussion injury is a good sign, but we haven't been given a fallow up since then, which is not encouraging.

Wild are always tightlipped about injury. They give a vague upper/lower body injury, and than you don't hear squat until they are practicing and ready to play.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I feel like it was a good sign that he was able to be in public at a game recently when we originally thought it was a concussion. The one thing that concerns me is that he hasn't practiced I don't believe since the injury. It makes me think that it is a concussion and they don't want him to try working out yet.

Who knows, it would be an awesome surprise to hear that he is skating tomorrow at morning skate. Holding out hope for this kid that he's able to play in the playoffs.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Russo:
Mikael Granlund, Yeo said, “I talked to Granny today and it’s really encouraging just how good he felt.”
I’d think it’d be hard for Granlund, who hasn’t skated since March 31, to be ready for the start of the playoffs, but we’ll see if Granlund begins skating this weekend.

Mixed feelings! Feel better Granny! Game two for sure right??

Sleeptalker*

Mikael Granlund will be back for the Minnesota Wild attack in the play offs.

Don't worry a second or a minute Minnesota.

He'll be ready to kick and kill ... ya know!

Nothin' that I've read or heard even point at the opposite.

So let's get ready to rumble for sure and big time Minnesota!

It's play off time for Christ sake!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Mikael Granlund back on ice with #mnwild today

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/455003777259405312

himym.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeo on Granlund: "he looked pretty good, didn't he?" Granlund trying to accelerate return for Game 1. Yeo said "we'll be smart." #mnwild

-Russo

J22*

Hard to say what the injury could've been but the way they have handled it leads me to believe that a concussion wasn't a concern.

My guess would probably be some sort of muscle strain or pull in his neck or back?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Hard to say what the injury could've been but the way they have handled it leads me to believe that a concussion wasn't a concern.

My guess would probably be some sort of muscle strain or pull in his neck or back?

Inclined to agree. Wouldn't doubt they just shut him down to see what other lines they could make. Honestly, was a great excuse to get Haula some more ice time. No means a replacement for FBJ, but I'm sure it made Yeo a little more comfortable with some of the lines he has been rolling when he brought Granny back.

Billy Mays Here*

Better not be a case of rushing him back. We saw what happened with Lats. . .

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Better not be a case of rushing him back. We saw what happened with Lats. . .

****. Gaborik :biglaugh:I keep wondering how much better he would have been for the team if he just got the whole hip flexor surgery he got before he became a FA back when he started getting those issues instead of band aid fixes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad