Injury Report: Mikael Granlund (4/15: likely to play Game One)

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
CgrMo.gif

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
Granlund is out tonight per Russo, speculation is concussion.

I suggest you repost that picture of Parise cleaning with chains attached to the bar. It would be a start for Granlund. Never understood it because it sort of defeats the purpose.

There are better ways to strengthen your neck.

If Granlund insists playing the way he does - and why wouldn't he - he's got to have stronger "upper body".

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think he ought to talk to Saku Koivu and ask him how he managed to avoid getting concussed until age 38. He just had his first concussion last fall. Granlund is about the same size as him but his style of play is a little different.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think he ought to talk to Saku Koivu and ask him how he managed to avoid getting concussed until age 38. He just had his first concussion last fall. Granlund is about the same size as him but his style of play is a little different.

Why not just Mikko? How many has he had? Most of Mikko's injuries have been legs/arms related

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Why not just Mikko? How many has he had? Most of Mikko's injuries have been legs/arms related

I've never heard of Mikko having a concussion. If he's had any, it must've been a long time ago. He's done his best to help out MiG, but the fact is that he's built like a truck and can handle himself (it isn't exactly his fault if he gets his bones broken by Swedes) while Granlund is essentially a midget.

Smaller players are generally more susceptible to getting hit in the head (especially accidentally), but Granlund's style of play combined with his size is the issue here. So I'd suggest talking to someone his own size who's been very effective, has not avoided contact but who managed to avoid concussions for a heck of a long time.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I've never heard of Mikko having a concussion. If he's had any, it must've been a long time ago. He's done his best to help out MiG, but the fact is that he's built like a truck and can handle himself (it isn't exactly his fault if he gets his bones broken by Swedes) while Granlund is essentially a midget.

Smaller players are generally more susceptible to getting hit in the head (especially accidentally), but Granlund's style of play combined with his size is the issue here. So I'd suggest talking to someone his own size who's been very effective, has not avoided contact but who managed to avoid concussions for a heck of a long time.

How many has Parise had? FBJ is 1" taller than him.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
We don't know what this injury is yet...the OP made a guess in the title, nothing is confirmed. A little early to be that gloom and doom. Many think it could be neck related ie whiplash.

Those people are just trying to talk themselves into the idea its not a concussion

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
It's just a sore neck but Wild staff want to be extra sure about it.

i hope

OpRedDawn*

Wonder what we could get if we traded him out east

clearly he doesn't belong in the western

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you

Saku didn't have concussions since he was injured every 3 weeks by other means. :sarcasm:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Granlund better learn to be less physical or his career is going to be very short in this league.

You don't want to fear the ice but your decisions on it need to be smart at the same time, especially when you have the build that he does, in a league with some big mother****ers in it.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Granlund needs to learn to be more elusive. Doesn't make sense to crush your face into another man's body three times a season.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I also want Yeo to take some heat, too. He's the coach, he knows Granlund is our future. He should realize that Granlund's playing style has to be adjusted so the guy can be with us for a long time.

This is on Yeo, too.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I also want Yeo to take some heat, too. He's the coach, he knows Granlund is our future. He should realize that Granlund's playing style has to be adjusted so the guy can be with us for a long time.

This is on Yeo, too.

*facepalm* So now it's Yeo's fault when one of our players does something stupid and gets himself injured? I think your dislike for Yeo may be blinding you.

I don't even know how to argue with this logic. Heck, it's barely even logic. This injury is at least partially on Craig Leipold. He employs Fletcher, who employs Yeo, who should know that Granlund could get injured if he plays an even moderately physical brand of hockey.

You can't blame someone you don't like when someone you do like makes a bad decision. It doesn't work that way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad