Injury Report: Mikael Granlund (4/15: likely to play Game One)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I hope they try Haula in that center spot and not Coyle.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It's very concerning if he gets concussed that easily, and I think he needs to be shut down for the rest of the season if he's got one again. Too many head injuries this season to take the risk of putting him back out there.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
It's very concerning if he gets concussed that easily, and I think he needs to be shut down for the rest of the season if he's got one again. Too many head injuries this season to take the risk of putting him back out there.

Loui Eriksson.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Loui Eriksson.

Yes, I'm aware he's had 2 concussions this season. However, he's significantly older than Granlund and IIRC, he had no history of head injuries until this season. Granlund's not even in his prime and has already more than his fair share of head injuries.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
I really hope it's just a neck/maybe a swelled eye keeping him out and not a C word..

I hope they try Haula in that center spot and not Coyle.

I bet Yeolo happens and we get
Parise - Koivu - Pomms
Moulson - Coyle - Heatley
Cooke - Brodz - Fontaine
McCormik - Haula - SV

But I agree I would like to see Haula tried in the 2nd line center spot, and only if he is overwhelmed move Coyle there. Good thing is we have options.. I do wonder if Yeo will try and stick Heatley in the Bottom 6 again though?
Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Moulson - Haula - Pomms
Cooke - Brodz - Fontaine
McCormick - Dowel - SV

Billy Mays Here*

Pretty pathetic that he would get a concussion that easily. Hello Bouchard 2.0, now with an even shorter career.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We can't catch a break. This really sucks. This many head injuries this young can't bode well. I'd rather get an upper tier player who has a long career.. But as we all know, we can't have nice things.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We can't catch a break. This really sucks. This many head injuries this young can't bode well. I'd rather get an upper tier player who has a long career.. But as we all know, we can't have nice things.

We don't know what this injury is yet...the OP made a guess in the title, nothing is confirmed. A little early to be that gloom and doom. Many think it could be neck related ie whiplash.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
BJnwMOj.gif

And I bet this means the ****ing all star will be put back in the lineup too.

I'd rather play a 7th D on the 4th line than have Heater in there.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
This is kinda wild suggestion but maybe he should try playing with a longer stick? He's stance would be a little better. Lindros played with a short stick and that somewhat did him in.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
His stick had nothing to do with this injury. He was the one doing the hitting, and fell forward into the hit by mistake.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
I know, but generally he would be better suited with better stance, he skates in a very low position and he's head is way ahead rest of his body.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Most players who generate any speed in their game do. Parise does too. Walz always did...Gaborik does, Haula does, Zucker does etc.

Sorry, his position is from function...it's required.

Zach+Parise+Minnesota+Wild+v+New+York+Islanders+-nwoJApOQpzl.jpg

7931306.jpg

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Common sense and Russo inference:

He was walking slowly and definitely had a disappointed look on his face when talking to teammate Mikko Koivu.

No doubt Yeo gives the old day-to-day line with Granlund, but we'll try to find out more after today's 1:30 p.m. practice in Chicago. Obviously, if it's a concussion, there's just no way to accurately give a timetable, so it would be truthfully day-to-day. These head injuries with Granlund are becoming a true concern. Remember, he came to the NHL with a history of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad