Confirmed with Link: Mika Zibanejad & a 2018 2nd rd pick OTT for Derick Brassard & a 2018 7th rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Just want to share my recent thoughts...
I don't see how zibanejad would regress at this point. I would expect him to improve starting this season(that means tougher, harder to play against, solid 2way play, 50 pts+). You win.
A big issue here in ottawa was lack of chemistry with our top 6 guys. (he had good chemistry with silfverberg while he was here)
I foresee him and zuccarello working well together(on and off ice).
Good luck guys

We've heard rumblings of Nash to Anaheim -- wonder if Silfverberg is another target the Rangers have in mind for Nash @ 50% retained.

Thoughts guys?

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Trading in this league has become very difficult due to the cap and all these NTC/NMCs. So getting pennies back on the dollar for moving players like Nash, makes absolutely no sense. Besides, I think his value will be even higher closer to the trade deadline, especially with a bounce back season.

While I am proponent of advanced stats, there are MANY people in the NHL that thinks it is BS. Montreal just let their analytic guy go shortly after being strongly against the Weber/Subban trade. So with bounce back season, there very well could be a market for Girardi/Staal if we are patient. Nash's value can only go up as the season goes on since last season was a rough one. His trade deadline value could be very high.

If we could get full value for Staal and Nash, and a taker for Girardi, I think we could be competitive in the near future. But it requires patience for the right trade and the possibility of it happening after the season starts for these guys to show that last year was just a down one.

Think this is spot on, plus the bolded is pretty funny

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
We've heard rumblings of Nash to Anaheim -- wonder if Silfverberg is another target the Rangers have in mind for Nash @ 50% retained.

Thoughts guys?

I've liked Silfverberg ever since he began his career as a Senator and would always burn us with his wrist shot. now that we have Zib, I'd like getting Silfverberg even more now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I've liked Silfverberg ever since he began his career as a Senator and would always burn us with his wrist shot. now that we have Zib, I'd like getting Silfverberg even more now.

I'd absolutely do:

Nash @ 50%
2nd Round Pick

FOR

Silfverberg
One of Theodore/Montour

If they wanted another defenseman back, I'd also send Klein their way for an additional 1st rounder

Anaheim needs to win NOW. THey have 2 more years of Perry and Getzlaf at their best.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If Colorado is still a potential trade partner, I'd absolutely be targeting Barrie right now. Barrie's going to get paid, so the fact that he's an RFA isn't really helping is value.

Depends on whether or not Colorado needs a steady shutdown guy, but something around Staal/Klein for Barrie could be done. We'd have to add obviously

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If the Rangers trade Nash a defenseman...a YOUNG defenseman, preferably a RHD but not necessarily, needs to come back.

I'd then move Klein out as well, and go with a very young defense.

go young.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
as would i, i just dont see how anyone would want to trade that kid.

apparently Colorado wanted to... not sure what the story is on him right now.

Barrie would be the younger equivalent of Yandle, but RHD. That's exactly what this team needs right now.

Barrie-McIlrath-Girardi/Holden down the right isn't terrible. Let Girardi build his value back up, and boom trade him away

KreiderHouseRules*

I'm excited to see Zibby and #93.

Cool number IMO.

Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich

Nash Zibanejad Zuccarello

Miller Zibanejad Zuccarello

So many intriguing combos!!!

KreiderHouseRules*

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is this:

Zibanejad has an AMAZING shot, both wrist and slap.

We should use him in the Stamkos/Ovechkin spot on the PP and let him blast one-timers from the top of the circle.

His hands in right are amazing too. Reminds me of Michael Nylander or Petr Sykora in that sense that he ROOFS the puck with such ease in tight. Love it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is this:

Zibanejad has an AMAZING shot, both wrist and slap.

We should use him in the Stamkos/Ovechkin spot on the PP and let him blast one-timers from the top of the circle.

His hands in right are amazing too. Reminds me of Michael Nylander or Petr Sykora in that sense that he ROOFS the puck with such ease in tight. Love it.

Yeah I mean even if he doesn't have a lot of experience as that shot on the power play, it's automatically better than Stepan being the one taking the one timer from the left side of the ice...would theoretically free up Stepan to be more of a playmaker on the power play as well, depending on how they wanted to run it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad