Confirmed with Link: Mika Zibanejad & a 2018 2nd rd pick OTT for Derick Brassard & a 2018 7th rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I expected us to start the retool by trading core players for younger NHL players with room to develop who might turn out better, might turn out worse. But this is huge. I don't have much of a grasp on how Zibanejad is as a player, even though he's Eastern Conference and he's been around for a couple years.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Eh, Zibs is a lot better than I thought. 20 goals, 51 points last year and is younger, lower cap hit, plus the Rangers get a decent draft pick back.

I love Brass but if you have a goal of getting younger and restocking draft picks then it's not a bad move. Zibs has upside

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Good deal. Zibanejad is much younger and, in terms of production, isn't that far off from Brassard. Don't be surprised if he outproduces Brass as soon as this year.

But thanks, Brass God, you were a fantastic player for us!

Reactions: Slimmy

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
LOVE Brassard, but this is a VERY GOOD trade to get a very good young player!

Thumbs up Gorton!

edit - my avatar :(

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zooks is losing all his best friends from the team. Interesting move. This guy was a high pick and has put up some solid stats the last two years. He is also a right handed shot.

Can we trade for Stamkos now?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wait.

WHAT

Immediate reaction is not overly positive but I'm at least happy that Brass was the C shipped out, solely due to age/window concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad