Confirmed with Link: Mika Zibanejad & a 2018 2nd rd pick OTT for Derick Brassard & a 2018 7th rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Happy with this, get younger, get a good pick.

Brass was a hell of a Ranger though, will miss him, revitalized his career here.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
This may be a "good" move for the team, objectively, but it's devastating to see Brassard get traded. The guy was a joy to watch for the Rangers. So much passion, so much talent, and a playoff performer. This one hurts. Not as bad as a Stepan or McDonagh or Zucc trade, but pretty damn close.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
I was 50/50 about this and then I realized how talented, young, and cheap Zibanejad is. LOVE THIS!

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Best of luck to dagawd, he's going home to play so I'm sure that lessens the blow for him.

Mika is a good player, 5 years younger, has gotten better every year. Cracked 50 pts last season. 20 goals last 2 seasons. Plays C and W but will obviously play C here. Honestly reminds me a lot of when the rangers got brass from Columbus. He's clearly on an upward trajectory. Plus what will probably be a top 45 pick. Clears $ for Kreider/eating salary on a Staal trade.

Love Brass, and again best to him, I'll root for him. But this move makes sense.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Not a Rangers fan, but this trade confuses me a lot. What direction are they going?

We're trying to get younger and cheaper and increase our overall organizational depth. This trade accomplishes the first two and will accomplish the 3rd depending on what we do with then 2nd round pick.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Fire Gorton.

I'm dead serious.

I don't know anymore man. First reaction was vomiting up my lunch. Second was... well Zibby scored 50+ points last year and is only 23. Third is... I still don't like this ****ing trade but its not as bad as a first thought. But I still really don't like it and may come around after a day or two.

Part of the reason is Brass is one of my favorites. So pissed. Long term it is probably a good deal for us but for now I am going to piss and moan.

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
This is the kind of deal everyone has been yelling for and now half the people in here are pissed. Definitely a good deal.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Wow this trade hurt my heart.

Zibanejad is okay but I thought we could've gotten more and he really wasn't good until this year.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
i like the trade but would have preferred to trade step, i hate having a bunch of players whose nmc and ntc kick in.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Honestly did not know Zibanejad hit 50 point last year.

It stings and is definitely a short term risk but I think it's a pretty solid deal value wise.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Best of luck to dagawd, he's going home to play so I'm sure that lessens the blow for him.

Mika is a good player, 5 years younger, has gotten better every year. Cracked 50 pts last season. 20 goals last 2 seasons. Plays C and W but will obviously play C here. Honestly reminds me a lot of when the rangers got brass from Columbus. He's clearly on an upward trajectory. Plus what will probably be a top 45 pick. Clears $ for Kreider/eating salary on a Staal trade.

Love Brass, and again best to him, I'll root for him. But this move makes sense.

Exactly. Short term this deal is a slight downgrade for us, but 2 years from now when when Brassard is past his prime, and Zibanejad is right in the middle of it, it will look great. Plus this allows Hayes to take more of an offensive role as 2C and gives us another right handed shot, which is sorely needed.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Well ****. I came back from lunch and refreshed the page then had to stare at it for a while to understand what was happening. No idea what to feel right now. I love Brass. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad