Mika 'DJ Z-Bad' Zibanejad, Part 3: Electric Boogaloo Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What would you guys think of a swap of Yakupov and Zibanejad?

I wouldn't do it, even if they both played center. As it is, the Sens need to upgrade on the center position, out of everyone on the team, Zibby has the best chance of becoming that legit 2nd liner.

Moving him for a winger makes no sense.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Is Zibanejad's effort and consistencies being compared to Pageau now? If so, a ton of players are going to look disappointing when being compared to that standard. Pageau is a rare engine.

I think the definition of a 2nd liner is inconsistent player. Not consistent enough to be a 1st line player, too much talent to be a bottom 6.

50 points is a good 2nd liner in today's NHL? How do you get 50 points?
6 games with 2 points = 12.
38 games with 1 point = 38
38 games with 0 points = 0

add it up, that's 50 in 82 games.

and that's 38 games without getting a point. string a few of those together and all of a sudden everyone is harping that a guy is inconsistent. for every 3 or 4 game point streak, there has to be a scoreless streak, otherwise you are moving in to the 60+ point area and consistent 1st liner territory.

ZBad is just fine IMO. He clearly goes on the streaks that I identified. To me, the big problem right now with the team is Turris and not scoring. It makes one of your top lines ineffective. Hard to consistently win hockey games in that scenario.
This is exactly what im talking about. Quality post.
It's not necessarily the production level that is of concern.

Use the same idea as the post above but replace points with effort/showed up points.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
This is exactly what im talking about. Quality post.

Use the same idea as the post above but replace points with effort/showed up points.

It's just the way he plays, regardless of points.

Most of the time he's just there. He's not hurting the team, but he's not helping push momentum back either. Not that Turris is doing any of that currently.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldn't do it, even if they both played center. As it is, the Sens need to upgrade on the center position, out of everyone on the team, Zibby has the best chance of becoming that legit 2nd liner.

Moving him for a winger makes no sense.

Exactly. Ottawa has enough good forwards but of all their centres Zibanejad is that tweener who looks like he has 1st line potential but is kind of stuck at 2nd line centre but he is young & hopefully next yr he will take that next step. I'm really liking your posts lately. :handclap:

Not only is this a bad deal value wise. But it creates a giant hole in our top 6 so Yakupov can play third line RW.

:laugh: That's exactly what I think as well, good post.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
It's just the way he plays, regardless of points.

Sometimes he's just there. He's not hurting the team, but he's not helping push momentum back either. Not that Turris is doing any of that currently.

That zoned out look.

He definitely has many games where he's completely unnoticeable.

Being on the 2nd PP and not really being a PKer doesn't help that, either.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Who those crazy ******** talking that trade zibby crap? Oh right, 'twas I.

Don't trade zibzib, he's just what we need. :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Really happy for Zibby. Poor kid has been roasted pretty badly the past few weeks.

Hopefully this is the spark that gives him that boost of confidence. He has so much potential and such a unique skillset.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Good for Zibby.

He let his emotions poured into his game today and it worked wonders. He was in it to win, wanted the puck and was a monster in the crease.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Lol, that should shut this thread down for a good couple weeks.
Are you kidding. He earns a right to float till the end of season and 3 month next season, cause thats a point when his fans find lame to answer all his critics "do you remember that hattrick?" :)
This hattrick was pure luck, not hardworking. I am happy he did that, but i come up with all my guns after hi floats through next game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He scores his goals tonight the same way he's been playing the past couple months, maybe he showed more grit but yea.

What is so dynamic and intriguing about Zibanejad is that he raises his game against tougher and bigger teams and that could be extremely key when we go on large playoff drives.

He's on pace for 52 points while being one of the more sound defensive players on the team.

That's mucho bueno. If he plays similar next year then go ahead and go bezerk.

IMO if there is any type of improvement by a young player, you should give that player the benefit of the doubt.

This was very similar to Turris who initially scored 29 points in 48 games here but looked so weak and disinterested it was infuriating. The following year he scores same points but got better in different areas of the game and the 3rd year he broke out both scoring and consistency wise.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Zibby in the 3rd was like a different player for a while. He was doing everything I thought he should do but wasn't doing previously. He used his killer shot and drove the net hard. Well deserved hat trick. Can't expect a hat trick every night but I hope he keeps it up. With Turris going down we need him badly.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Are you kidding. He earns a right to float till the end of season and 3 month next season, cause thats a point when his fans find lame to answer all his critics "do you remember that hattrick?" :)
This hattrick was pure luck, not hardworking. I am happy he did that, but i come up with all my guns after hi floats through next game.

Are You Kidding ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
ARE YOU KIDDDINGGG MEEEE??

That was a f-ing NOVEL of Hard Work!

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Let it sink in that Zibby scored 3 goals in 2 mins and 38 seconds

Do you see that franchise record getting beat in your lifetime?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Let it sink in that Zibby scored 3 goals in 2 mins and 38 seconds

Do you see that franchise record getting beat in your lifetime?

Fastest before that was something like 7 minutes by Hossa wasn't it?

But no, I really don't see it happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad