Mika 'DJ Z-Bad' Zibanejad, Part 3: Electric Boogaloo Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ryan's spends like 2 minutes longer each game sprawled along the ice though. So it evens out.

i actually think ryan would be a better play making center than zibby at this point

the dude cant make a pass and pretty much only has a hard slapper / half slapper

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
That would have been high and wide today if that crossbar didn't get in his way. Zib is going for the record.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he also made a 4 on 3 against on the PK which we got scored on...no idea why he did that

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
They should try Smith with Zibanejad & Ryan to see what they could do.

Bad suggestion. All players who have trouble controlling the puck. You need at least one distributor on that line. Personally I would never play Zib and Ryan together on a line.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Bad suggestion. All players who have trouble controlling the puck. You need at least one distributor on that line. Personally I would never play Zib and Ryan together on a line.

Neither would I. I've come to believe Ryans tape is made with Becel because he can never get a good grip with the puck. It always seems to slide away from the toe of his blade.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If everyone agrees that the coach is useless, then why are we considering trading this inconsistent 22 year old power centre. Don't you guys want to see what he could do with a better coach and more time to mature?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If everyone agrees that the coach is useless, then why are we considering trading this inconsistent 22 year old power centre. Don't you guys want to see what he could do with a better coach and more time to mature?

Z-Bad is more of a power rw rather than a centre yet they seem narrowly focused on trying to develop him there at the expense of the team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Until 3rd period he was not bad tbh. Broke down in the 3rd.

What I wanna know is why people are harping on a 22 year old number 2 C when the real problem lies with Turris who not only is POINTLESS IN 20 FRIKIN GAMES, but also is dragging his entire line down. Which consists of 2 top line wingers.

Zibanejad last game made more offensive chances than Turris has in last 20. I don't understand the necessary blame on Zib here.

Yes he hasn't been good, but yall expecting too much for the guy just cause he's not playing like a number 1 C.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What you say is also true RKL. If he's injured, Turris shouldn't even be dressed the way he's playing. It still doesn't make Z-Bad a good centre though and he may never be yet last spring/summer BM sold us on the thought he'd take over 1st centre position by now. Square peg in a round hole IMHO. Doesn't mean I want him gone he'd probably make a very serviceable top 9 rw with a good centre.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia

What I wanna know is why people are harping on a 22 year old number 2 C when the real problem lies with Turris who not only is POINTLESS IN 20 FRIKIN GAMES, but also is dragging his entire line down. Which consists of 2 top line wingers.

Zibanejad last game made more offensive chances than Turris has in last 20. I don't understand the necessary blame on Zib here.

Yes he hasn't been good, but yall expecting too much for the guy just cause he's not playing like a number 1 C.

Maybe thats cause Turris plays through injury. Maybe cause i see he is trying. All i see from Zibby is floating around. At age 22 with his frame, he should be havoc creater. Remember young Mike Fisher? Anything less from Zibby physically is fail for me. And he benefits from other players on his line, not otherway. He cant hit, cant skate, and last game show he is terrible scorer. Why we should defend him ?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Maybe thats cause Turris plays through injury. Maybe cause i see he is trying. All i see from Zibby is floating around. At age 22 with his frame, he should be havoc creater. Remember young Mike Fisher? Anything less from Zibby physically is fail for me. And he benefits from other players on his line, not otherway. He cant hit, cant skate, and last game show he is terrible scorer. Why we should defend him ?

Zib isn't floating around. He made more passes on the PP than Turris made in past 20 games. Zibanejad's game isn't a physical game, yet, it's a big body 2 way scorer who uses defense and speed to attack players. He also has close hands in tight.

Also, tbh, yes Turris is playing through injury but no number 1 C in the league should be as bad as Turris has been production wise even on the PP and what-not, in last 20 games. The guy hasn't registered a frikin point in like 14 games and hasn't scored in 25 games!!!!!!!!

5 points in last 25 games -18 ~ 19 mins of ice time

In that same span... Zibanejad has recorded:

13 points in last 25 games -4 averaging ~ 19 minutes of ice time.

it's true. Zibanejad only has 4 goals in that stretch and 0 goals in last 9 games but he's 22 playing with no shelter since we dont have a number 1 C to take all pressure away.

Zibanejad basically not too far off from where he should be at age 22 playing as 1b center essentially. Perhaps(actually i should say most likely) Turris' weak stretch is anomaly but we are stuck with what we have here, we should not blame Zibanejad, where was Turris at Zibanejad's age?

Plus, if you watch Zibanejad closely, he is playing a structured game, if he was playing all over the place and being responsible for goals against while not doing anything offensively then ill join you guys in the bashing parade.

Greening plays like he cares but lol one need results.

Last edited:

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
If he breaks his stick after missing that wide open net he's someone I feel better about. its the apathy that makes him hard for me to defend him.

I don't know if he needs a new batch of sticks or something but he can never receive a puck cleanly. Karlsson and Stone or even Hoffman, when they receive a pass or have a one time they can hit it pretty clean. Zibby is barely half the time and when he shoots himself its high and wide.

Sigh, he's 22, but man....its frustrating.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I thought it was a joke when everyone made fun of the DJing thing...but everytime we have a bad game, people love to bring it up as if it's such a terrible thing?

So, are we not allowed to have hobbies anymore?...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well we know what Turris issue is.

Yeah zib produces points. Which I value pretty highly. But he's so lethargic. The optics of it are terrible.

And I feel like this is how it is with zib. He will have a great game. Get 2 assists. And then dissapear the next 2 games. And then people will harp on his game. And his defenders will say "well he has 2 points in 3 games. That's on pace for like 55 points and he's only 22". Zibanejad is always going to get his points. He gets every opportunity to get them. I get he is young, but it's not like he needs to grow or put on weight. 50% of nights he just shows an unwillingness to compete. Unwillingness or he's not capable.

Are his point production and defensive game sound for a 22 year old? Yes. (Although his age is becoming less and less relevant as guys are hitting their prime earlier) but just because he's that now. Does not mean he will simply improve on that year after year after year. He was near .5ppg in his rookie season as well. And then the year after that. And after that. And now. If he doesn't up the physical play and compete. I don't think he will ever improve. And that's what people are scared of. Tired of seeing him take over a shift once a year.

If we could transfer Lazars mind into zibanejad we would have anze kopitar.

Also. The way he starts seasons is ridiculous. I mean. Sooner or later we are going to have to start the season strong.

And the "oh he's doesn't play physical because he's actually working on his defensive positioning" is a cop out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought it was a joke when everyone made fun of the DJing thing...but everytime we have a bad game, people love to bring it up as if it's such a terrible thing?

So, are we not allowed to have hobbies anymore?...

So, are we not allowed to joke anymore?...

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Actually believe Zibanejad has been good.

Ryan has not been playing well since the All Star break and for Cameron to think Dzingel or Paul is ready for top six minutes is a joke.

No team can win with any consistency with the #1C playing the way Turris has been performing for the past 3 months.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No team can win with any consistency with the #1C playing the way Turris has been performing for the past 3 months.

Zibby has to step up like he did on that California trip last season.

The team needs him to as he's the best healthy C the team has.

Is it unfair? Maybe, but the team isn't going to the playoffs unless he does.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Just throwing this out there.....do we know that Zibby is healthy?

I kinda get the feeling that something is wrong with a lot of guys on this team. Not just Turris.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just throwing this out there.....do we know that Zibby is healthy?

I kinda get the feeling that something is wrong with a lot of guys on this team. Not just Turris.
I think everyone has nagging things this time of yea r but zib by doesn't look considerably worse than he has the last few seasons

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Well we know what Turris issue is.

Yeah zib produces points. Which I value pretty highly. But he's so lethargic. The optics of it are terrible.

And I feel like this is how it is with zib. He will have a great game. Get 2 assists. And then dissapear the next 2 games. And then people will harp on his game. And his defenders will say "well he has 2 points in 3 games. That's on pace for like 55 points and he's only 22". Zibanejad is always going to get his points. He gets every opportunity to get them. I get he is young, but it's not like he needs to grow or put on weight. 50% of nights he just shows an unwillingness to compete. Unwillingness or he's not capable.

Are his point production and defensive game sound for a 22 year old? Yes. (Although his age is becoming less and less relevant as guys are hitting their prime earlier) but just because he's that now. Does not mean he will simply improve on that year after year after year. He was near .5ppg in his rookie season as well. And then the year after that. And after that. And now. If he doesn't up the physical play and compete. I don't think he will ever improve. And that's what people are scared of. Tired of seeing him take over a shift once a year.

If we could transfer Lazars mind into zibanejad we would have anze kopitar.

Also. The way he starts seasons is ridiculous. I mean. Sooner or later we are going to have to start the season strong.

And the "oh he's doesn't play physical because he's actually working on his defensive positioning" is a cop out.

If "we" know that Turris hasn't done anything for 3 months at both end of the ice, why hasn't Cameron figured it out?

Playing a guy that is doing nothing at either end of the ice as the #1C, averaging 18-20 minutes most games, is the biggest problem this team has, not Zibanejad.

To suggest it isn't because "we" know what's wrong with Turris is a joke, right?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If "we" know that Turris hasn't done anything for 3 months at both end of the ice, why hasn't Cameron figured it out?

Playing a guy that is doing nothing at either end of the ice as the #1C, averaging 18-20 minutes most games, is the biggest problem this team has, not Zibanejad.

To suggest it isn't because "we" know what's wrong with Turris is a joke, right?

I'm totally in favor of scratching Turris. Never said I wasn't.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Can't disagree the team needs more out of Zibanejad's line, but the fact is this team isn't going to the playoffs with Turris playing like he is centering Hoffman and Stone.

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
If he doesn't use this POS,

CcJclVuWIAAH3_2.jpg

then he doesn't miss the net so often. I have no clue how anyone uses this, even if it's similar to Ovechkin's.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can't disagree the team needs more out of Zibanejad's line, but the fact is this team isn't going to the playoffs with Turris playing like he is centering Hoffman and Stone.

Well, he shouldn't be playing.

I'd love a straight answer out of Murray and/or Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad