Mika 'DJ Z-Bad' Zibanejad, Part 3: Electric Boogaloo Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Are you kidding. He earns a right to float till the end of season and 3 month next season, cause thats a point when his fans find lame to answer all his critics "do you remember that hattrick?" :)
This hattrick was pure luck, not hardworking. I am happy he did that, but i come up with all my guns after hi floats through next game.

That third goal was all hard work. Good grief. And the first was a wonderfully skilled shot. The second he was in the right place and the right time, but not a fluke goal. What a ridiculous post.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Let it sink in that Zibby scored 3 goals in 2 mins and 38 seconds

Do you see that franchise record getting beat in your lifetime?

no, it's pretty damn impressive. he looked very very good. that's the zibby we need to see more often. doesn't have to be every night, just more often. He's still so young. that game clinched it for me, we shouldn't trade him. (for now:laugh:)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Three years since the last natural hatty, when the last actual hatty we had? Stone and Hoff came close several times by missing a few ENers.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Fastest before that was something like 7 minutes by Hossa wasn't it?

But no, I really don't see it happening again.

The NHL record is 21 seconds. :laugh:

Quite an impossible record to break in todays NHL.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Feels good to see a Sens player do something like this. Despite his struggles, Zibanejad now has 39 points on the season. If he can come into camp in shape and ready to play next year, I hope he can finally breakout.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Props to Zibanejad on that third goal, loose puck, three Calgary flames and he just trucked on through them that's what 2CHAINZ wants to see more of cuz.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He'll end up with 50+ points this season... Progress. He's just 22.

If he comes into camp after a productive summer next season he's practically a lock for 60 points.

Exciting! Imagine both Turris and Zbad hitting 60+ and Pageau + Lazar hitting 30+ each. Lovin' that center depth.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He'll end up with 50+ points this season... Progress. He's just 22.

If he comes into camp after a productive summer next season he's practically a lock for 60 points.

Exciting! Imagine both Turris and Zbad hitting 60+ and Pageau + Lazar hitting 30+ each. Lovin' that center depth.

That's the big issue. Will he. Or will he take 30 games to look at top fitness again

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Great period for Zib, a guy with so much talent and potential, but still not consistency. I would not get my hope up so high about him being a number one centre. I still remember Sam Gagner once had a 8 pt game, but did almost nothing before or after.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I thought that was an interesting point they made last night that for Turris, as a leader on the team, the coaches want to see him fight thru injuries and play. Im going to assume that is a rather common perspective amongst coaches. Its kind of hard to grasp as a fan though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I thought that was an interesting point they made last night that for Turris, as a leader on the team, the coaches want to see him fight thru injuries and play. Im going to assume that is a rather common perspective amongst coaches. Its kind of hard to grasp as a fan though.

Because coaches have a very short shelf life. They don't care how wrecked a player is 2-3 years from now, as the coach will likely be with a different team. Players are just cattle.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Because coaches have a very short shelf life. They don't care how wrecked a player is 2-3 years from now, as the coach will likely be with a different team. Players are just cattle.

Is this just general cynicism or have you done a 180 and become the players champ?

Obviously the coaching staff care far more about a player's welfare than we as a fans do. I mean I'm sure it feels good to twist something into a dagger to skewer Cameron, but HF is classic for caring for players as far as what they have done the game before. In this case giving Turris a hard time is just further down the scale of importance than roasting Cameron.

Realistically he has been cleared to play, wants to, and the staff think that it's good for the team to see it's leaders get out there and try to help the team win even when it's uncomfortable.

Nothing more to see here.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
no, it's pretty damn impressive. he looked very very good. that's the zibby we need to see more often. doesn't have to be every night, just more often. He's still so young. that game clinched it for me, we shouldn't trade him. (for now:laugh:)

And for the other 57 minutes of the game, what did Zibby do?

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
He scored the hatty right on time. When a new thread is made 8 posts from now it'll have a good title instead of "Mika Zibanejad: A bust?"

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Mika looked like a man possessed last night and it just proves to me that the guy still has a lot of talent in him, it's just that he hasn't really put the work in. I think a lot of people are quick to write him off or be hard on him because of this but you have to remember the guy is only 22 and not all 22 year olds can win Norris'. A lot of young players might not want to put the work in but it's not too late, I think if this guy trained like crazy in the off season he could really be something special.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is this just general cynicism or have you done a 180 and become the players champ?

Obviously the coaching staff care far more about a player's welfare than we as a fans do. I mean I'm sure it feels good to twist something into a dagger to skewer Cameron, but HF is classic for caring for players as far as what they have done the game before. In this case giving Turris a hard time is just further down the scale of importance than roasting Cameron.

Realistically he has been cleared to play, wants to, and the staff think that it's good for the team to see it's leaders get out there and try to help the team win even when it's uncomfortable.

Nothing more to see here.

Come on. We all know how easy it is for most coaches out there to be fired. Nearly every season, we have at least one casualty by December. If a coach thinks playing a guy who's iffy gives the team a better chance to win, he'll play the guy. Someone else can worry about the long-term consequences.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Mika looked like a man possessed last night and it just proves to me that the guy still has a lot of talent in him, it's just that he hasn't really put the work in. I think a lot of people are quick to write him off or be hard on him because of this but you have to remember the guy is only 22 and not all 22 year olds can win Norris'. A lot of young players might not want to put the work in but it's not too late, I think if this guy trained like crazy in the off season he could really be something special.

Especially when they are forwards, amirite? ;)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Come on. We all know how easy it is for most coaches out there to be fired. Nearly every season, we have at least one casualty by December. If a coach thinks playing a guy who's iffy gives the team a better chance to win, he'll play the guy. Someone else can worry about the long-term consequences.

I think the main problem is that you don't realize that coaches and players are real people, and that the NHL is a pretty close knit brotherhood. A coach who treated players this way would never get a second coaching gig, anywhere, ever. They'd be blacklisted from a player safety angle and from a GM asset management angle.

Besides, a coach is more likely to be fired for playing an injured player without clearance, than taking the blame for a down turn in team performance due to players out with injury.

The way it works is that the players let the coach know if they're able to play based on pain, trainers and team doctors clear players to play based on injury status. As McLean used to intimate, players came to him and let him know if they were able to go.

Coaches don't unilaterally get to "play" injured guys.

Just pick something else to hate Cameron for, this is a non-starter.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think the main problem is that you don't realize that coaches and players are real people, and that the NHL is a pretty close knit brotherhood. A coach who treated players this way would never get a second coaching gig, anywhere, ever. They'd be blacklisted from a player safety angle and from a GM asset management angle.

Besides, a coach is more likely to be fired for playing an injured player without clearance, than taking the blame for a down turn in team performance due to players out with injury.

The way it works is that the players let the coach know if they're able to play based on pain, trainers and team doctors clear players to play based on injury status. As McLean used to intimate, players came to him and let him know if they were able to go.

Coaches don't unilaterally get to "play" injured guys.

Just pick something else to hate Cameron for, this is a non-starter.

I'm not talking about guys a doctor would not clear. I'm talking about guys whoa re clear to play. I would no insinuate that any management team would nullify a doctors' ruling. That would be a massive lawsuit these days.

But, we all know doctors will clear guys who really shouldn't play. And why not? No player wants to admit how badly he's hurt. Both players and teams want to win...and the player also doesn't want to seem fragile and potentially lose his spot.

We've seen in the past (Lindros in Philly is a great example), where there is a push to play. Hockey players are like race horses. A race horse will still hobble down the track on an obviously broken leg....it's up to the jockey to stop the animal before catastrophic damage occurs. Same with teams. You tell a player to play, and he will. It's up to the doctors and management to look beyond the standings and shut a guy down.

And I never mentioned Cameron in this, at all. This is pointing a finger at the game itself.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
So my wife and I were at the game. I say to her, 'I think this will be an exciting game... I hope Zibanejad has a good night.'

Enter the 3rd period: We get to see Zibby's first career hatty. First time either of us have ever seen a hatrick and it just so happens to be one of my favourite players. Was a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad