Mika 'DJ Z-Bad' Zibanejad, Part 3: Electric Boogaloo Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If, IF, Zibanejad hits his maximum potential, his value around the league is going to be through the roof.

Speed, size, great shot (in every way), defensively responsible, unbelievable strenght, good passer with an above average vision and hockey IQ. Two-way "powercenters" with skill and hockey IQ are a rarity. I also feel that he will take a while to really reach his potential, players from Sweden usually take longer than others for some reason.

Or perhaps that's just a preconception.

I generally don't like egotistical hockey players, but he could really use some extra ego/self confidence. Don't think he has any idea how much potential he really has.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ewww, yes, I forgot. This is the last year of his ELC. Oh my, and if he does break out in the final half....

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
We paid a premium to retain Ryan, Andy, MacA. If Zibby breaks out we probably don't have to worry barring an unreasonable asking price that any team would be loathe to grant.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Looking at the 2011 draft, man Huberdeau has fallen off a cliff, Couturier is basically what he is and Schieflie is meh. Strome seems like the only one amongst Zibanejad on the up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Looking at the 2011 draft, man Huberdeau has fallen off a cliff, Couturier is basically what he is and Schieflie is meh. Strome seems like the only one amongst Zibanejad on the up.

Zibby and Schiefele seem to be at the same level so far

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Couts, Huberdeau and schiflie all have similar production to zibby. Couts has had really hard competition for awhile well zibby has had easy assignments.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
Z-Bad is starting to look a little superstar-ish.

Really liking his game lately.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Z-Bad is starting to look a little superstar-ish.

Really liking his game lately.

He plays like a completely different player when he gets big minutes, kinda just matches whatever role he's given. Last two games he's gotten 20+ minutes and he's exploded.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Mika is so hot right now

superbad.jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
looks good and we should enjoy this gives you hope for the future center

but lets remember he will probably have another stretch of bad games like all young players

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If, IF, Zibanejad hits his maximum potential, his value around the league is going to be through the roof.

Speed, size, great shot (in every way), defensively responsible, unbelievable strenght, good passer with an above average vision and hockey IQ
. Two-way "powercenters" with skill and hockey IQ are a rarity. I also feel that he will take a while to really reach his potential, players from Sweden usually take longer than others for some reason.

Or perhaps that's just a preconception.

I generally don't like egotistical hockey players, but he could really use some extra ego/self confidence. Don't think he has any idea how much potential he really has.

I agree, he is an interesting playertype. I like the combination he has in his game, if he get his **** together and be consistent, he will be a beast and what Ottawa desperately needs.

One thing that was worried me a little before this season was that he seem to have added more muscle, I didnt understand why and still dont. His problem have never been that he has been small. The risk is when you adding muscle is that the other skills goes down at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad