Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2010
Hoping someone can help me regarding "Gameshare on Xbox"

I'm trying to share some of the digital games I have with my girlfriend who just bought an Xbox a few months ago. I understand you have to set your "home xbox" on one anothers

My question is: does she have to make MINE her home Xbox, or do I have to make hers my home Xbox? Or will it work either way

Mine is the one with all of the games
you have to sign in on YOUR account on HER xbox and set HERS to your accounts home xbox

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Games with Gold for May has Metal Gear Solid 5

Amazing game. If you have Gold, get it. If youve never played a Metal Gear game prepare to have no idea what the hell is happening for much of the story.

Wow that's awesome, my favorite single player game ever
It's only good for the month right?

No, you have to download it in the couple weeks its available, but its permanent after that. You can even delete it off your xbox once its downloaded and you'll be able to redownload for free

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Got the One X for my 4k HDR tv a few months back, and honestly, wishing I went the way of PS4 Pro. If I didn't have my EASHL friends on XBL, I would make the switch. Where are the good exclusives?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Got the One X for my 4k HDR tv a few months back, and honestly, wishing I went the way of PS4 Pro. If I didn't have my EASHL friends on XBL, I would make the switch. Where are the good exclusives?

I'm experiencing a similar feeling.

I went ahead and sold off the PS4 Pro because I wasn't using it much, and picked up a One X. Which I now don't use really at all.

Then you see God of War come out for PS4 and wonder what the heck Microsoft is doing. Sea of Thieves is a lot of fun, but Sony apparently understands the desire for great single player games.

The One X is a fantastic piece of hardware, but that's of little use when I really don't have much to play on it. Game Pass helps, but I've exhausted most of what I wanted to do with it already (Halo 5, basically), aside from maybe replaying 360 games.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I went ahead and sold off the PS4 Pro because I wasn't using it much, and picked up a One X. Which I now don't use really at all.

Then you see God of War come out for PS4 and wonder what the heck Microsoft is doing. Sea of Thieves is a lot of fun, but Sony apparently understands the desire for great single player games.

The One X is a fantastic piece of hardware, but that's of little use when I really don't have much to play on it. Game Pass helps, but I've exhausted most of what I wanted to do with it already (Halo 5, basically), aside from maybe replaying 360 games.

Pretty much same here.

I have a high end gaming PC, but i basically use it for Rocket League and replaying old games I beat years ago. I remember when I was younger, like 11-12-13 watching my Uncle play games like Half Life and Diablo amongst others, and pining so hard to be able to be older and have money to buy my own console/gaming pc. Now I have both and feel like games just aren't what they used to be.

But like you said, you see God of War, Horizon, Spiderman, Detroit, and I am sitting here feeling like Im just missing out. The One X is used to play my DDP Yoga DVD's, and some NHL Online stuff but thats about it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

I held back on upgrading to a One X because the exclusives for this generation were lacking and Microsoft hasn't done much to rectify that. Even the exclusives they did have were just okay. They really need to have a monster E3 because all mine is good for right now is Diablo III.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Pretty much same here.

I have a high end gaming PC, but i basically use it for Rocket League and replaying old games I beat years ago. I remember when I was younger, like 11-12-13 watching my Uncle play games like Half Life and Diablo amongst others, and pining so hard to be able to be older and have money to buy my own console/gaming pc. Now I have both and feel like games just aren't what they used to be.

But like you said, you see God of War, Horizon, Spiderman, Detroit, and I am sitting here feeling like Im just missing out. The One X is used to play my DDP Yoga DVD's, and some NHL Online stuff but thats about it.

I play a lot on my PC, although a lot of that is also Rocket League. :laugh:

I've had a bit of a lull lately in games as well, which is probably a good thing considering the Steam backlog I have....

I held back on upgrading to a One X because the exclusives for this generation were lacking and Microsoft hasn't done much to rectify that. Even the exclusives they did have were just okay. They really need to have a monster E3 because all mine is good for right now is Diablo III.

I was suckered in by the tech and, to the One X's credit, it runs exceptionally well. Price-to-performance, it's a great deal. Unfortunately, as you mention, there's just not a lot of interesting games for it right now.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Since my Xbox was updated today all my controllers are going crazy in the Dashboard. Anyone having this problem?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I got an Xbox One a year and a half ago. I had a PS4 and like Xbox a lot more. However, the controller's durability is definitely a problem. I got a second white controller, and after six months the right stick had a problem where it constantly thought it was being pushed up a little bit. It caused a ton of problems you wouldn't expect.

The original controller that came with it has held up, but the A button gets stuck in every few weeks and needs rubbing alcohol to be applied to help it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Honestly I've had my eye on the razer controllers for awhile now, I just can't justify the price.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I dont get the nostalgia thats driving the sales of the new Duke controller. Its a god awful controller design that Microsoft quickly ditched the first go around because nearly everyone hated it. I had one. No one wanted them and immediately bought S controllers when they came out.

Blehhhhhhh

Somewhere along the line having a memory of something had to be mistaken for having nostalgia for it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I got an Xbox One a year and a half ago. I had a PS4 and like Xbox a lot more. However, the controller's durability is definitely a problem. I got a second white controller, and after six months the right stick had a problem where it constantly thought it was being pushed up a little bit. It caused a ton of problems you wouldn't expect.

The original controller that came with it has held up, but the A button gets stuck in every few weeks and needs rubbing alcohol to be applied to help it.
As someone who bought PS4 at launch, and X1 a couple months after launch, I gotta say the controllers for Xbox are garbage for reliability in comparison.

I ended up giving my PS4 to my dad, along with the two controllers I had since launch. He always lets my nieces and nephews play and they wreak havoc on everything, but 5.5 years later, those controllers are still kicking. All the buttons work (no rubber left on analogs), charging is a little wonky at times, but manageable. Whereas my Xbox One, I’ve had to buy a new controller, every 9-12 months since I’ve had the system. Without fail. Dead buttons, drifting analogs, just dead, etc. And I’m not the hardcore gamer I used to be. I get maybe 3-5 hrs a weeks gaming, if I’m lucky.

Couple days ago I got lucky and picked up a dirt cheap mint condition PS4 off a relative, and got back into it. Ugh the exclusives, my wallet didn’t like me :laugh:, hello Crash, hello GoW. And one of the free PS+ games is Beyond: Two Souls, something I wanted to play since I saw the trailer at E3, so far, a very good single player game.

Xbox reeeeeeaally needs to catch up with exclusives, and no, getting CoD DLC a week early doesn’t cut it.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I haven't had any real reliability issue with any of my PS4 or Xbox One controllers, save the rubber wearing off of the PS4.

I will say if you give me the option, I'd take the Xbox One controller 10/10 times. I like them so much better.

That said, I'd easily take the PS4 exclusives. :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I haven't had any real reliability issue with any of my PS4 or Xbox One controllers, save the rubber wearing off of the PS4.

I will say if you give me the option, I'd take the Xbox One controller 10/10 times. I like them so much better.

That said, I'd easily take the PS4 exclusives. :laugh:

I still really prefer the feel/comfort, and triggers/bumpers of the DualShock, but the analog placement and analog feel are much better on the Xbox, imo of course.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I still have my launch XB1 controller that I use every day. Still works great. Never broken a controller with any console to be honest.

Maybe I’ve just had shit luck. Really not sure, I’m not overly hard on controllers, my throwing days were left with Gamcube :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I still have my launch XB1 controller that I use every day. Still works great. Never broken a controller with any console to be honest.

Im on my second controller in 2.5 years. The first one fell off the table and broke the right bumper. Worked fine up until that point. Ive never had any controller for any console break except for me dropping them or them falling off stuff.

Ive known people who wore out the analog sticks in under a year. I dont understand how its possible, but they did.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
I've gone through 9 Elite controllers and about 6 regular controllers. I've broken triggers, buttons, always get drifting analog sticks. I think driving games are really hard on them.

And speaking off, did anyone see the add for the Limited Edition Forza Elite controller that's $300???!!! No f***ing way I'd pay that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I've gone through 9 Elite controllers and about 6 regular controllers. I've broken triggers, buttons, always get drifting analog sticks. I think driving games are really hard on them.

And speaking off, did anyone see the add for the Limited Edition Forza Elite controller that's $300???!!! No ****ing way I'd pay that.
For that much it better have a steering wheel and pedals lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad