Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im going to keep my Xbox One, but if more titles are going to be pushing its boundaries then Ill be buying the majority of them on the PS4 Pro. Like Monster Hunter etc.

The only exclusive I care about on Xbox is Halo, and Halo 6 will be this gen, so safe there.

But games like Horizon Zero Dawn are right up my alley. I feel like im missing a lot.

I also have a youngish daughter, and Sony's platformers blow Microsofts away. Its not even close (although she (....we?) might be getting a Switch for Christmas this year to cover that.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Im going to keep my Xbox One, but if more titles are going to be pushing its boundaries then Ill be buying the majority of them on the PS4 Pro. Like Monster Hunter etc.

The only exclusive I care about on Xbox is Halo, and Halo 6 will be this gen, so safe there.

But games like Horizon Zero Dawn are right up my alley. I feel like im missing a lot.

I also have a youngish daughter, and Sony's platformers blow Microsofts away. Its not even close (although she (....we?) might be getting a Switch for Christmas this year to cover that.
My thoughts exactly, I bought an Xbox because of Halo and no plans of getting rid of mine since as you mentioned the sixth installment is on this console. However, the Halo games lately haven't been the same since the Bungie days. I loved Halo 4, but the system especially the multiplayer was buggy as hell. Not only that, but you were stuck on the same two maps for something like CTF since the game was bare bones without the DLC. Halo 5 was a complete and major flop for me, just an awful game which made it turn from a Halo game into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in the year 2647. Absolutely nothing about it was good except the Forge which I used for probably a solid 6 hours before I totally quit the game.

My friend and I were discussing games, systems, and companies the other day and he is a hardcore gamer...like get off of work at 10 and play Minecraft until 7 am sort of hardcore gamer. He told me that the gaming systems are sort of like it was a decade ago. Sony is still the best system for people who have time to kill in regards to a story driven single player experience. Nintendo is still the company which wants you to invite your friends over and just have a lot of fun playing well made goofy-cartoony games. While Xbox is the best system to play with your friends who live across country, town, or globe in a competitive manner. None of these are superior over another, it just depends on what criteria you find yourself in.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My thoughts exactly, I bought an Xbox because of Halo and no plans of getting rid of mine since as you mentioned the sixth installment is on this console. However, the Halo games lately haven't been the same since the Bungie days. I loved Halo 4, but the system especially the multiplayer was buggy as hell. Not only that, but you were stuck on the same two maps for something like CTF since the game was bare bones without the DLC. Halo 5 was a complete and major flop for me, just an awful game which made it turn from a Halo game into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in the year 2647. Absolutely nothing about it was good except the Forge which I used for probably a solid 6 hours before I totally quit the game.

My friend and I were discussing games, systems, and companies the other day and he is a hardcore gamer...like get off of work at 10 and play Minecraft until 7 am sort of hardcore gamer. He told me that the gaming systems are sort of like it was a decade ago. Sony is still the best system for people who have time to kill in regards to a story driven single player experience. Nintendo is still the company which wants you to invite your friends over and just have a lot of fun playing well made goofy-cartoony games. While Xbox is the best system to play with your friends who live across country, town, or globe in a competitive manner. None of these are superior over another, it just depends on what criteria you find yourself in.[/QUOTE]
Which is why I have both. I find myself going back and forth, but I haven't touched my PS4 since I got my XB1X

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Don't want to act like a fanboy or anything but yea man games like Bloodborne, Horizon, and The Last of Us are must plays for any gamer out there. With Xbox games now being available via PC; I just don't see a lot of reasons to purchase an XB1. I think it's fair to say that the XB1 is quite a bit behind the PS4 right now which is why they're trying things like game pass and such; which is good because competition is great in the industry and for someone who primarily plays on PC now, getting XB1 games on my PC is really nice.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Don't want to act like a fanboy or anything but yea man games like Bloodborne, Horizon, and The Last of Us are must plays for any gamer out there. With Xbox games now being available via PC; I just don't see a lot of reasons to purchase an XB1. I think it's fair to say that the XB1 is quite a bit behind the PS4 right now which is why they're trying things like game pass and such; which is good because competition is great in the industry and for someone who primarily plays on PC now, getting XB1 games on my PC is really nice.
Im a big gamer and played those three. The only one I really enjoyed was Horizon. Bloodborne and Last of Us just aren't for me. In fact the only reason I have a PS4 is because of the Uncharted games - Horizon was just a nice bonus. Im all Xbox One X / PC now (and Switch). Mostly PC but when I want to sit on the couch the One X is where its at. I got AC: Origins on both PS4 and Xbox One X and its amazing how much faster it loads and better it looks on the X. I don't know. I don't really fanboy but I hate the PS controllers too.

I don't disagree with the logic that PS4 has a lot more AAA exclusives but they have a lot that bomb too like Haze, Heavy Rain and Heavenly Sword (PS3 days) and No Mans Sky and The Last Guardian. Just lots of hype for a lot of these games that end up being awful / mediocre. There are a few gems here and there just like there are for Xbox too. But for someone like me, the only reason to own a PS(pick a number) is for Uncharted. Death Stranding looks kind of cool, but its Kojima so its going to basically be an interactive movie. I will probably just read spoilers and watch youtube to get the story. God of War looks interesting too and I will probably play that one. I did enjoy the first one and what I did play of 3.

If you have an actual gaming PC that can play the latest and greatest and you don't have friends attached to Xbox and you have room in your life for one console outside of your PC I would say get a Switch honestly. But if you really like the PS4 exclusives then yeah, its a no brainer to have one of those. If you like Xbox exclusives and don't have a great PC, get an Xbox.

Different strokes for different folks.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Sea of Thieves looking like its going to be a huge miss for Microsoft. I didnt like the look of it through its entire development, and its mediocre reviews arent helping at all.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It has, but im curious how its playerbase will evolve. It doesnt appear to have much staying power at this time. The game itself will have to evolve.

I've been greatly enjoying it, but yes this is a legitimate problem.

Rare created a fantastic foundation for a game here, but it probably could have used another few months in the oven for more content before asking $60 USD for it.

If they can get more content in quickly, they might maintain a decent player base. If not, I suspect it's a prime candidate for losing players rapidly...and then maybe bringing them back as time goes on. We'll see.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I've been greatly enjoying it, but yes this is a legitimate problem.

Rare created a fantastic foundation for a game here, but it probably could have used another few months in the oven for more content before asking $60 USD for it.

If they can get more content in quickly, they might maintain a decent player base. If not, I suspect it's a prime candidate for losing players rapidly...and then maybe bringing them back as time goes on. We'll see.

It really seems to be tailor made for Game Pass. I wonder how much of a guinea pig this is for Microsoft in testing that platform and continuously evolving games?

I guess we'll see.

My problem with it is that Im almost entirely a single player gamer, which means Ive got little to no reason to invest more then a couple hours into it at this point.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
It really seems to be tailor made for Game Pass. I wonder how much of a guinea pig this is for Microsoft in testing that platform and continuously evolving games?

I guess we'll see.

My problem with it is that Im almost entirely a single player gamer, which means Ive got little to no reason to invest more then a couple hours into it at this point.

Agreed. I feel sorry for people who bought it, to be honest.

If you are correct, they should have left it as "Early Access" on Game Pass only IMO. I love the game, but it feels like Early Access.

Hopefully, they can keep improving it so I can keep sailing. :nod:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Panzer Dragoon finally got a Xbox one BC port. Just do Otogi 1 and 2 and I'm gonna need to get a One S or scorpio

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Cities Skylines added to gamepass.

I almost paid full price for that game the other day :D Glad I held off. I was waiting for it to go on sale. This is even better!

Reactions: Nickmo82

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Sort of off topic question, but how well does Cities: Skylines play on console?

I played it on PC and am having trouble imagining it with a controller.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It has, but im curious how its playerbase will evolve. It doesnt appear to have much staying power at this time. The game itself will have to evolve.
A couple days ago they had a news release with tons of new content and events throughout 2018 and they kick off next month. The game is selling very well and has a great player base. I haven't gone a day (where I was home) that I didn't play it for at least an hour.

I can't imagine its "better" on console at all. I remember playing Red Alert 3 on console and I was WTF'ing all over the place. Unless its a game like Civilization Revolution that was built specifically for console I don't think strategy / rts / city builders will ever be great on console.

That said, I will let you know when I eventually download it. May be a few weeks though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Not great. If I want to play seriously I'll definitely go to the PC version (I dread dealing with mass transit), but considering how horrifically these kinds of games usually play on consoles it feels pretty good.

Reactions: Nickmo82

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Depends on how they execute the controls. Halo Wars played just great.
True. Halo Wars is one of those underrated console games. Its great on PC too.

I got Cities Skylines and quit after 30 minutes. Just wasn't fun.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hoping someone can help me regarding "Gameshare on Xbox"

I'm trying to share some of the digital games I have with my girlfriend who just bought an Xbox a few months ago. I understand you have to set your "home xbox" on one anothers

My question is: does she have to make MINE her home Xbox, or do I have to make hers my home Xbox? Or will it work either way

Mine is the one with all of the games

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hoping someone can help me regarding "Gameshare on Xbox"

I'm trying to share some of the digital games I have with my girlfriend who just bought an Xbox a few months ago. I understand you have to set your "home xbox" on one anothers

My question is: does she have to make MINE her home Xbox, or do I have to make hers my home Xbox? Or will it work either way

Mine is the one with all of the games

She has to make your account the home Xbox.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So im playing the PUBG free trial this weekend.

Holy hell does it look and play like crap on a standard Xbox One. Its like an original xbox game.

Most of my matches go like this

Land on the opposite end of the map from the safe zone. Grab the firs gun I can find and RUN straight to the safe zone to avoid death. Finally get to safe zone, where im usually in the top 20. Dont encounter anyone. Encounter one person and die. Huzzah for 15 minutes of play time which was 99% running in a straight line with graphics from two generations ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->