Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I messed with it but didn't have the patience. May have to check it out again
I don't know if there any rules against me posting this but this is the one I'm using

Except instead of 1.0 I'm using the 1.3.

You just have to take the initial time to go through it and see what does and doesn't work. Just be patient and don't go clicking around until it has said it's installed or updated

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well I started up Monster Hunter world and the frame drops and load times were the push I needed to order myself a One X.

My friend on his One X had almost finished the fight before I even loaded in. :laugh:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Well I started up Monster Hunter world and the frame drops and load times were the push I needed to order myself a One X.

My friend on his One X had almost finished the fight before I even loaded in. :laugh:
Congrats! Let us know what you think. If you roll 4k its incredible. If you don't, the performance of some older games is impressive as well.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Congrats! Let us know what you think. If you roll 4k its incredible. If you don't, the performance of some older games is impressive as well.

Got it set up on the weekend and I'm impressed so far. Neat little machine.

Much snappier and quieter than the old implementation, not to mention actually fits my entertainment system.

I got my free month of Game Pass, so I'm ready to explore that since I only really have Monster Hunter.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Much snappier and quieter than the old implementation, not to mention actually fits my entertainment system.

I got my free month of Game Pass, so I'm ready to explore that since I only really have Monster Hunter.
Awesome! Yeah Gamepass is absolutely worth it to anyone without a huge library of digital games on XO. I would even say its a must.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
So I found a Xbox S 1TB Battlefield 1 edition for $160 shipped to go along with my Xbox One X and 12 months of Xbox live for $40 so I have my setup that I need to play local coop.

That being said, what are the better local coop games that I have missed?

I was looking into Destiny 1 - the Collection, Destiny 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, The Division, and eventually Monster Hunter World (selling it for now, will buy it back down the road). I have missed the entire Xbox One generation so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Play Gears of War. I beat 1,2,3 and they were excellent.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So my brother hasn’t touched his xbox one so I decided to use it :). Is there a list on here to add people? Hoping to see what everyone plays etc.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So i played the Sea of Thieves beta. Join a random game only to get immediately put into a jail cell. Decided to quit and find another game. I find a second game and immediately got killed by my own crew member. Then when I came back to life, a crew member started chasing me and all of a sudden I again got placed into a jail cell. Immediately gave up and deleted the game.

Best to play with friends or else you probably will find a hard time enjoying the game.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Awesome! Yeah Gamepass is absolutely worth it to anyone without a huge library of digital games on XO. I would even say its a must.

I will also say that the One X tears through Monster Hunter on framerate mode like a dream. As far as I'm concerned, that game is almost unplayable on the original one.

Play Gears of War. I beat 1,2,3 and they were excellent.

I played 1-3 back on the 360. Great little campaigns with tons of explosions! Haven't played 4 yet though....

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I will also say that the One X tears through Monster Hunter on framerate mode like a dream. As far as I'm concerned, that game is almost unplayable on the original one.

I played 1-3 back on the 360. Great little campaigns with tons of explosions! Haven't played 4 yet though....
4 is actually very good. I liked it better than 3 and possibly better than 2.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If State of Decay II reviews well I may go for Game Pass at that point.

Sea of Thieves does nothing for me, but open world zombie survival looks great. Theres enough of a back catalogue now too that I can have some fun. Tomb Raider is a good add

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I got one of those Mountain Dew contests xbox X that came with a year of game pass, I have been incredibly unimpressed with game pass so far, Games with gold sucks most of the time too, X box needs to up their game

The recent news of all first party games going immediately to game pass is a bit of a game changer.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So i played the Sea of Thieves beta. Join a random game only to get immediately put into a jail cell. Decided to quit and find another game. I find a second game and immediately got killed by my own crew member. Then when I came back to life, a crew member started chasing me and all of a sudden I again got placed into a jail cell. Immediately gave up and deleted the game.

Best to play with friends or else you probably will find a hard time enjoying the game.

So i was in a party with two friends playing the beta for Sea of Thieves and they had a guy in a jail cell throwing water on him and stuff. Lol. Could have been you. ...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Game pass has some good game if you are new to Xbox. Halo, Gears and so on. Sea Of Thieves later this month. As far as 1st party games I don't see Forza in there.

Its all new first party games moving forward. Only some of the existing first party games are currently there.

For me, im holding off on signing up until Halo 6 drops (theres rumblings it will be a fall 2018 release). I'll do my free trial, plus probably a month. Play the crap out of Halo 6, and start into State of Decay, then see if I want to continue on.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Stupid good deal on eBay today.

Xbox One X + extra controller + GTA V + Destiny 2 = $400, no tax, free ship, Newegg, and I got 4% back from eBates .

I had to turn around and dump the Xbox One S 1TB I got for $160 .Sold it for $190 shipped.

I now have two Xbox One Xs, both around $300 net each. :thumbu:

If you are looking, the deal might still be going on .

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I just started Rise of the Tomb Raider. I haven't played it yet and loved the remake. Just finished AC Origins so I needed something new.

But apparently there's an audio bug and there's no sound while playing the game. I've tried changing audio settings over and over. Reinstalling the game as well.

I can't seem to find a fix online. I have a One X. Does anyone know of any fixes that has had this issue?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ive decided im jumping to Playstation for my next console.

Xbox is trending towards a multiplayer model for many of its game while I am trending towards a single player RPG player. Sony Exclusives are far and away better in that category.

Im waiting until E3 to see if we get a surpruse announcement about PS5 for the near future, if not a PS4 Pro will be coming to me this summer.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I expect we won't see a new generation of consoles until 2020 at the earliest, unless they stick with this iterative hardware formula for a while (which is already becoming a problem - the original Xbox struggles with some newer games). That's just speculation on my part.

It's hard to argue against Sony's exclusive lineup, particularly in the single player games. I do like what Xbox is trying to do with Game Pass, though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ive decided im jumping to Playstation for my next console.

Xbox is trending towards a multiplayer model for many of its game while I am trending towards a single player RPG player. Sony Exclusives are far and away better in that category.

Im waiting until E3 to see if we get a surpruse announcement about PS5 for the near future, if not a PS4 Pro will be coming to me this summer.
That's what is happening with me, not that Xbox's business model is bad or anything like that, but I am personally growing out of that generation of countless summers playing halo 2/3 with friends until 2 am. All my friends and I are kind of growing out of these games as people are leaving college, getting jobs, and married to the point I cannot justify myself spending fifty to sixty bucks on a one-year live account. Since getting my PS4, I have found myself playing zero hours on my Xbox One. I got some games to play on it like GoW4, Halo Wars 2, and Death of the Outsider in the future, but as of now no desire to play it. Xbox isn't wrong going after younger kids who have all the time in the world to spend playing Battlefield 1, Battlefronts, and Call of Duty, but I am not in highschool anymore (time is shorter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad