Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
McCarron can play hockey,he is very talented,he is good at everything, he can score ,he can hit, he can fight, and he his a very good passer as well,also ,his speed is pretty good for a big guy,the perfect player for the NHL.
forgot to mention that he is also a killer on faceoffs,and very good on PK,what's not to like ????

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
3314616.jpg

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
McCarron can play hockey,he is very talented,he is good at everything, he can score ,he can hit, he can fight, and he his a very good passer as well,also ,his speed is pretty good for a big guy,the perfect player for the NHL.
forgot to mention that he is also a killer on faceoffs,and very good on PK,what's not to like ????

I can picture him dominating a play-off series or to, maybe as soon
as next year. For now the icecaps need to go on a long PO run, so that
he learns to do it. This guy could be a one man horror show to face
seven times in two weeks or so.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I can picture him dominating a play-off series or to, maybe as soon
as next year. For now the icecaps need to go on a long PO run, so that
he learns to do it. This guy could be a one man horror show to face
seven times in two weeks or so.

That's why you give him 3-4 games in Montreal just to see what he can bring to a slumping team.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
[/B]

That's why you give him 3-4 games in Montreal just to see what he can bring to a slumping team.

I have the opposite philosophy. Young payers can get their feet wet,
when things are rolling along nicely. When things are going badly,it's
the veterans job to dig their way out. Slumps are not the best environment
for someone who just turn pro two months ago.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
[/B]

You don't recall young players to help a slumping team. We have had no choice lately due to injuries, but the kids have usually started on the 4th line.

The #1 priority for McCarron this year is development, not helping the Habs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You don't recall young players to help a slumping team. We have had no choice lately due to injuries, but the kids have usually started on the 4th line.

The #1 priority for McCarron this year is development, not helping the Habs.

To a 1st place slumping team that needs to believe in it's self during this temporary setback that will end and we will be better for it by the way. It would be a great place for McCarron, he is a memorial cup champion and I believe he would be a great help right now.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Its the wprst time to panic.. What we are missing the most is Gallagher's net presence... They will find a way to adress it...

I would not be agaist calling up mccaron toeards the end of the year but not before....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I want him here because I am wondering if anyone else but me has noticed just how much smaller we have become as a team in the last two weeks? We are smurfs v2 out there.

I have noticed this and it's true. Luckily, the smurfs.2 era is much better for small players than it was even four years ago. The penalty/suspension protocols have made it much easier for small players to thrive without being squished like bugs. And the overall shift towards more speed means the virtual elimination of 4th line enforcers.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I have noticed this and it's true. Luckily, the smurfs.2 era is much better for small players than it was even four years ago. The penalty/suspension protocols have made it much easier for small players to thrive without being squished like bugs. And the overall shift towards more speed means the virtual elimination of 4th line enforcers.

This.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I agree with you but it would be nice to have a giant stand in front of the net or go into the corner and create some fear. I would have him here now and if we lose again tonight I expect to see him against the Sharks and Kings.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I agree with you but it would be nice to have a giant stand in front of the net or go into the corner and create some fear. I would have him here now and if we lose again tonight I expect to see him against the Sharks and Kings.

I prefer letting him develop. Pacioretty and Price were both rushed and it slowed their development. Let him play a full year or close in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see them calling him up, his production has slowed down with 0 pts in the last 5 games, and since his big 5 pt night he's had 3 pts in the last 9 games. When it comes to McCarron and Scherbak, you can't make a mistake with them, in the past we have been burned by calling up 20 year olds too soon. With Mitchell due back soon and if DSP isn't out much longer then two of Carr, Thomas and Hudon will be going back to the AHL anyway. Just leave him in the AHL for now imo.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
All the kids who have been called up have played well and are producing, I'd rather just see Hudon/Ghetto/Carr get a shot in the top 6. No need to rush Big Mac, let him play big minutes in the AHL and see how he looks next pre-season.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't see them calling him up, his production has slowed down with 0 pts in the last 5 games, and since his big 5 pt night he's had 3 pts in the last 9 games. When it comes to McCarron and Scherbak, you can't make a mistake with them, in the past we have been burned by calling up 20 year olds too soon. With Mitchell due back soon and if DSP isn't out much longer then two of Carr, Thomas and Hudon will be going back to the AHL anyway. Just leave him in the AHL for now imo.

Totally agree.

Also, we have to remember...not long ago many Hab fans were down on McCarron. Now too many fans want to rush him into the NHL. And, Hudon...many were throwing him under the bus...when he was injured often. He missed a lot of development but it looked like he didn't miss a beat when he came back. Still...I wouldn't rush Hudon, either.

Up to me:
<Hudon...playoffs 2016 (or at worst...playoffs 2017)
<McCarron...playoffs 2017...this way he will have TWO ahl seasons under his belt...great for his FULL development.

You cannot rush a good thing. Proper development is very important.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I prefer letting him develop. Pacioretty and Price were both rushed and it slowed their development. Let him play a full year or close in the AHL.

I agree to a certain degree, playing a few games (I cannot over emphasize the words A FEW) with the big club would only further his development. 3-4 games with the Habs will not stun his growth as a player, it should give him some gauge to where he's at and that sample of life in the NHL would provide the taste and need for blood, and would unleash the beast that is McCarron!!

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I agree to a certain degree, playing a few games (I cannot over emphasize the words A FEW) with the big club would only further his development. 3-4 games with the Habs will not stun his growth as a player, it should give him some gauge to where he's at and that sample of life in the NHL would provide the taste and need for blood, and would unleash the beast that is McCarron!!

I'd guess that it is a question of when. That is ,at what point in a players
development. Mac has just jumped to a stronger level against older players.
after a very good start, he now seems to be facing a little adversity. This is
what he needs to learn from at this stage. When he begins to get bored at
the AHL level, then being exposed to NHL speed and intensity for a few
games should show him what he needs to work on again.
All prospects are different in this regard , so the organization has people
who should be making these judjements on an individual level. But I can't
see Mac being at that point yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad