Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
McCarron is the man we need,send back Hudon.

Really? he's just no ready yet,everyone's gonna pick a scrap with him,and he's just not stable yet on his skates,don't want to rush him like they tried with Tinordi. He should be alright in time,good hands and can play rough,but not fast enough or nimble enough yet Just needs time to get stronger overall and when ready should be a good addition.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
vbn6b.gif

I can barely wait for the Habs two giants (McCarron & Tinordi) are playing regularly in the NHL, teams will not take liberties with our smaller less physical players then, and the quality of play the Habs have will be able to shine through. Much like the team of the 70's did with Robinson, Gainey & Company, playing hockey the way it should be played, with skating talent & physical play(Big bodychecks, and tough physical play when necessary) Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I'm soo glad Bergevin went with McCarron instead of the consensus pick of Zykov...I still think we had a phenomenal '13 Draft and it's going to show very soon...:yo:

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
His balance and ability to throw punches has really improved since video clips of his fights in junior. Plus, his skating and overall game has improved a lot. What a great prospect. Him in the forward group and if Tinordi ever cracks the d-corps we will be a force against any team no matter how they want to play the game.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
His balance and ability to throw punches has really improved since video clips of his fights in junior. Plus, his skating and overall game has improved a lot. What a great prospect. Him in the forward group and if Tinordi ever cracks the d-corps we will be a force against any team no matter how they want to play the game.

...I really can't wait until Marchand is introduced to them on a "proper" basis...really give Julien something to whine about...:laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Really? he's just no ready yet,everyone's gonna pick a scrap with him,and he's just not stable yet on his skates,don't want to rush him like they tried with Tinordi. He should be alright in time,good hands and can play rough,but not fast enough or nimble enough yet Just needs time to get stronger overall and when ready should be a good addition.

Rushed Tinordi??...How so?

164 AHL games vs 43 NHL games since turning pro....how is this rushing, they can't even send him back to AHL anymore without losing him on waivers, this is how long he's been pro...when does it fall on the player?...how come Beaulieu is excelling while playing less AHL games and being drafted 1yr later?

Think it's safe to say here that Tinordi is staggering Tinordi's progress, not the Canadiens.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Rushed Tinordi??...How so?

164 AHL games vs 43 NHL games since turning pro....how is this rushing, they can't even send him back to AHL anymore without losing him on waivers, this is how long he's been pro...when does it fall on the player?...how come Beaulieu is excelling while playing less AHL games and being drafted 1yr later?

Think it's safe to say here that Tinordi is staggering Tinordi's progress, not the Canadiens.

Beaulieu's skating is elite or very close, in his draft year many scouts had him going #5th OV, the Habs were lucky Nathan was there at the Habs 1st pick. While Tinordi's skating is pretty good for a player his size, the Habs want him to work on getting even stronger with better balance, as is Tinordi's legs are like tree trunks. Getting Beaulieu, Tinordi & Pateryn all developing into viable NHLers at the same time, speaks to the incredible talent evaluators the Habs have.

Truly would be huge if all three become NHL regulars with the Habs, having a pair like Tinordi(LD) & Pateryn(RD) both being shutdown defencemen, could be extremely fortunate for the long playoff drives it takes to win Stanley Cups, in this era.:nod::nod:

Of course having a pair of hulking big players like McCarron & Tinordi in the pipeline probably makes the Habs the envy of many opponents, IMHO. Few if any opposing players will want to intimidate our star players, when they realize these two teammates will be policing those that do take liberties against the Habs!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I can barely wait for the Habs two giants (McCarron & Tinordi) are playing regularly in the NHL, teams will not take liberties with our smaller less physical players then, and the quality of play the Habs have will be able to shine through. Much like the team of the 70's did with Robinson, Gainey & Company, playing hockey the way it should be played, with skating talent & physical play(Big bodychecks, and tough physical play when necessary) Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Does this ever even happen anymore, really? You're talking about a dead era of hockey.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
...I'm soo glad Bergevin went with McCarron instead of the consensus pick of Zykov...I still think we had a phenomenal '13 Draft and it's going to show very soon...:yo:

I remember being a bit underwhelmed at very first but then quickly thinking it would be better than '12.

Andrighetto was our 6th pick in that draft and so far he's doing a pretty good job on a scoring line.

So far Crisp looks like the one potential write off (i'm still rooting for him). Lehkonen's doing great. If Reway gets his head straight we could have a potential star. Big Mac looks like an absolutely incredible prospect. Fucale's doing well. DLR showed some very good things but I think he'll need some patience. Same with Gregoire.

Tons of NHL potential and varying degrees of high end upside. I think it'll end up being our best draft since '07. '12 obviously gave us Galch who might just be a franchise #1 center and Hudon but player for player i think '13 will be better.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
2013 will be better than 2007 for one reason. We will not give away a top player like Mcdonagh. I just pray that Bergevin will not do a foolish move with short term view. So many peoples are telling him to sacrifice future to get a top-6 winger. It is better to trade NHL players than prospects. You know for sure what you give away.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
2013 will be better than 2007 for one reason. We will not give away a top player like Mcdonagh. I just pray that Bergevin will not do a foolish move with short term view. So many peoples are telling him to sacrifice future to get a top-6 winger. It is better to trade NHL players than prospects. You know for sure what you give away.

Nothing against the 13' picks, but no chance it ends up better than 2007.
A Norris-winning franchise dman, an elite sniper and another top tier n.1 dman? It was probably the best draft haul in the last 15 years.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
McCarron is the man we need,send back Hudon.

With all the recent call ups and cups of coffee it seems they're being showcased for a possible trade. Just my speculation but we've had Thomas, Andrighetto, Carr, Holloway and now Hudon. I doubt McCarron gets the call up, they'll likely at least wait till his AHL season is over. Apparently we've been scouring Philly heavily. Wouldn't surprise me if they're considering one of Andrighetto or Hudon as part of a package.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With all the recent call ups and cups of coffee it seems they're being showcased for a possible trade. Just my speculation but we've had Thomas, Andrighetto, Carr, Holloway and now Hudon. I doubt McCarron gets the call up, they'll likely at least wait till his AHL season is over. Apparently we've been scouring Philly heavily. Wouldn't surprise me if they're considering one of Andrighetto or Hudon as part of a package.

I think that they want him to stick at C and have a strong development year in the AHL, they don't really have an opening at C in the NHL. No point playing him on the 4th line when he can play 20 minutes in the AHL.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto

If Hudon finally is getting his game or 2 with the big boys I'd expect McCarron to get his as well. Carr who I thought would never get a game this year got the call (and scored lol).

The only thing with McCarron is if he gets his game or two he will probably stick with the team as his game is better suited for the NHL. He can help out any line pretty much and he's the size we need up front now not later.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I just hope that if McCarron gets called up this year, that he doesn't start dropping the gloves to prove management that he can play in the big league. I'm afraid he will get concussed since he isn't the best fighter, worst than Tinordi, and still so young. McCarron needs to get stronger and learn to fight before starting to drop then in the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I would be shocked if 2013 came anywhere near 2007. Trading prospects is risky but it all depends on what the return is. I don't want to trade McCarron but if it got us something great in a package type deal for a say someone like OEL then yea you trade McCarron, Beaulieu, 1st, etc... but it's so hard to get a top pairing D. Losing McCarron would suck but we would an insane top 4 D and it would fix the major hole that Markov is going to cause when he retires. But since players like OEL aren't often traded, and who knows if management would even risk it as they haven't shown so far that they are willing to give up key parts of the future yet. What fans say on message boards means nothing, only time will tell what management has planned.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Simple, to have a chance to play for Therrien you must be under 6 foot with a big heart and no talent ...

I'm no Therrien fan but having your franchise player injured and no slouch in Gallagher out at the same time is a big factor for any team, big or small. I just asked about McCarron not being called up because I feel like he is our best player not in the NHL and why he is not getting called and the other guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad