Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
My only worry is that if we call him up he's likely to eat Brendan Gallagher.

Along with Byron and Desharnais, he might see the locker room as a buffet. Let's hope Bergevin explains the philosophy that the team frowns on player-snacks.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
What a dream scenario for the Habs. In a little over two years, their late first round boom or bust type pick, goes from a huge winger with limited offensive upside, to a huge centre with obvious untapped offensive potential who's already scoring at a PPG pace in the AHL as a rookie. His development curve has been impressive in the last year. They say that big kids take a while to grow into their bodies, well I can't wait to see how he keeps on progressing.

Bergevin keeps saying how it's almost impossible to trade for top centres in this league. Well, he may have a huge top 6 centre on his hands, he better hold onto him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What a dream scenario for the Habs. In a little over two years, their late first round boom or bust type pick, goes from a huge winger with limited offensive upside, to a huge centre with obvious untapped offensive potential who's already scoring at a PPG pace in the AHL as a rookie. His development curve has been impressive in the last year. They say that big kids take a while to grow into their bodies, well I can't wait to see how he keeps on progressing.

Bergevin keeps saying how it's almost impossible to trade for top centres in this league. Well, he may have a huge top 6 centre on his hands, he better hold onto him.

I really don't see a scenario in which MB trades McCarron.. unless for a huge asset right now in the Johanssen mold. Even then... the thing with players like that is that they also come with a big cap hit. For us, atm... McCarron has the potential to come on the team and be a less impactful player but for entry level money. You can't get that in a trade. For a team in our situation, if we want to keep contending, we need to hold unto these players. That's how Chicago was able to weather cap hell problems for years.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Let McCarron and Hudon carry their AHL team building chemistry. Andrighetto paid his dues in the AHL for 2 seasons and it's only fair he should get every opportunity to stick in the top 6. McCarron going through the highs, eventually will hit the lows and should learn to bounce back from it. Similar with Hudon.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
McCarron now has the untouchable status. Late bloomer and now the number one prospect of the team. Could be the steal of the 2013 draft.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
So what's the deal with him on the wing though? Think he can still be as good if moved back there now? I don't see a top 9 center spot opening up anytime soon in MTL. ( I probably just jinxed it and caused another injury )

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Always knew he was great just needed time and the right coach which he got when moved to Centre. He is untouchable unless something big, he should stay in farm for the year and continue to develop. Then next year give him a few call ups, he may be an the Habs come close to the end of next season then on it full time to take pleks place. Galchenyuk and mac as a 1-2 would be sick! Just need to trade for a top left d and add quality to top 6.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
So what's the deal with him on the wing though? Think he can still be as good if moved back there now? I don't see a top 9 center spot opening up anytime soon in MTL. ( I probably just jinxed it and caused another injury )

Plekanec and Galchenyuk are set as the top 2 for the next few years at least but the 3rd line center spot could change at any time really. Even if DD is moved, Eller could still stay at wing. Obviously DD has been awesome this season so I don't expect him to move, but that could certainly change next year especially as he'll become a UFA after next season

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

We could see a similar situation to Galchenyuk's where McCarron starts in the NHL as a winger and then maybe if Plekanec slow down we have Galchenyuk and McCarron as our 1/2 centres.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We could see a similar situation to Galchenyuk's where McCarron starts in the NHL as a winger and then maybe if Plekanec slow down we have Galchenyuk and McCarron as our 1/2 centres.

I agree I was going to say the same thing. Let him continue to play at centre in the AHL, and in the NHL, if he has to play wing at first, then that's not a problem. Pleky is getting older and i'm sure they see McCarron taking over that top 6 centre job in a few years.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I agree I was going to say the same thing. Let him continue to play at centre in the AHL, and in the NHL, if he has to play wing at first, then that's not a problem. Pleky is getting older and i'm sure they see McCarron taking over that top 6 centre job in a few years.

Chucky#1, McCarron#2a and Plecky#2b with offensive upside and defensive stud will have most of the Dzone start, that's the prefect world in a couple of years when pleks get too old for 18-20min a game.

If DD continue to be this good his value will be really good next year and if he doesnt want to sign a friendly contract with us, just trade him for a decent winger.

I don't think Montreal's cup window will close in 2years. With McCarron, Hudon, Beaulieu, Ghetto, Chucky, Gallagher all looking so good and still so young, we might even have a better team after this '' cup window ''

And we might have some good surprise in our prospect pool that are ''underdog'' because they are not playing in NA right now ( Reway and Lehkonen ).

Bergevin didn't build this team for a 2year window, it's pretty obvious with those pacio/gallagher's contract. He's trying to do like Hawks are doing, being a contender every year for the past 5years and at least for the next 5 too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't see why he would have any problems going back to RW, but he also doesn't have to play in the top 9 center spot to help us win. For now the good news is that things are going great for him and when he gets the call at whatever position on whatever line they put him, hopefully he does well.

Plekanec and Galchenyuk are set as the top 2 for the next few years at least but the 3rd line center spot could change at any time really. Even if DD is moved, Eller could still stay at wing. Obviously DD has been awesome this season so I don't expect him to move, but that could certainly change next year especially as he'll become a UFA after next season

You never know how things will change over time. They could trade Eller and move DD to wing, who knows. He could start out on the 4th line for a spell and work his way up over time. If he plays well things will work themselves out.

I don't think Montreal's cup window will close in 2years. With McCarron, Hudon, Beaulieu, Ghetto, Chucky, Gallagher all looking so good and still so young, we might even have a better team after this '' cup window ''

And we might have some good surprise in our prospect pool that are ''underdog'' because they are not playing in NA right now ( Reway and Lehkonen ).

Bergevin didn't build this team for a 2year window, it's pretty obvious with those pacio/gallagher's contract. He's trying to do like Hawks are doing, being a contender every year for the past 5years and at least for the next 5 too.

We have Price for 2 more years, after that we'll just have to see how happy he is here as losing the best goalie in the league would be a huge blow to our cup chances. But hopefully he gets locked up long term to a nice 8 year deal.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
We have Price for 2 more years, after that we'll just have to see how happy he is here as losing the best goalie in the league would be a huge blow to our cup chances. But hopefully he gets locked up long term to a nice 8 year deal.

Pretty much this. As long that Price is in Montreal, the window will stay open. But when i'm looking at our really good prospect pool and that most of them are almost ready + our good cap and contracts situation, it's pretty obvious that our window isn't only for 2years. Even if Price doesnt re-sign, this will be 9M extra to sign another Agoalie on the market or player, that's not nothing. And I just can't imagine Price playing with another team, he love this team too much, he's the real Captain.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pretty much this. As long that Price is in Montreal, the window will stay open. But when i'm looking at our really good prospect pool and that most of them are almost ready + our good cap and contracts situation, it's pretty obvious that our window isn't only for 2years. Even if Price doesnt re-sign, this will be 9M extra to sign another Agoalie on the market or player, that's not nothing. And I just can't imagine Price playing with another team, he love this team too much, he's the real Captain.

I would expect Price to re-sign but the farm system isn't that impressive so losing Price even though we would have cap space depending on where the cap is and what our roster looks like, would hurt. I'm sure management will do whatever they need to in order to ink him long term but until he signs that long term contract there's cause for concern. Granted we have no idea what the roster would look like after 2 years but unless things change we are headed for a serious problem on the blueline at some point over the next few years. Again it's impossible to know what will happen between now and then but it's a major concern imo.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I would expect Price to re-sign but the farm system isn't that impressive so losing Price even though we would have cap space depending on where the cap is and what our roster looks like, would hurt. I'm sure management will do whatever they need to in order to ink him long term but until he signs that long term contract there's cause for concern. Granted we have no idea what the roster would look like after 2 years but unless things change we are headed for a serious problem on the blueline at some point over the next few years. Again it's impossible to know what will happen between now and then but it's a major concern imo.

The only spot that need to be filled in a couple of years is Markov's.

Now :
Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn
Gilbert
Tinordi
Barberio

Our left side will change that's for sure, but Subban-Petry-Pateryn are there for a long time and that's a really impressive right side. Maybe Beaulieu will stepup as #2 on the left of Subban when Markov will be gone. Maybe Bergevin will trade for a Methot type of D for Subban. I just wish I could see the future right now

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Save big Mike for May ,making his debut into the playoffs
Back in 1986 a rookie named Claude Lemieux scored 10 goals in 20 playoff games for the Habs.

Maybe big Mike could have the same mojo for us.

Oh yeh they also played a rookie netminder named

Patrick Roy.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
I admit, it would be nice for fans like me to see Mac get some time up before Xmas for a taste and a reward, situation permitting.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I admit, it would be nice for fans like me to see Mac get some time up before Xmas for a taste and a reward, situation permitting.

If Hudon wasn't rewarded last year...why would Mac be this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00