Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The only spot that need to be filled in a couple of years is Markov's.

Now :
Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn
Gilbert
Tinordi
Barberio

Our left side will change that's for sure, but Subban-Petry-Pateryn are there for a long time and that's a really impressive right side. Maybe Beaulieu will stepup as #2 on the left of Subban when Markov will be gone. Maybe Bergevin will trade for a Methot type of D for Subban. I just wish I could see the future right now

Not sure how long Emelin lasts with his style of play, plus if the cap goes down too much and we add some big parts over the next two years he could be gone at some point. Gilbert should be gone, Barberio could be gone next year, Tinordi who knows how long he lasts here. Pateryn I like but in time we may need to upgrade his spot for more talent, depends on how much he can progress. Beaulieu is still very unknown if he can even be a top 4 on a cup contending team or not.

Then there's next to nothing on the farm and Juulsen could be 4 years away from full time NHL duty. I like Nygren a lot but who knows if he ever plays for us.

So yea we have Subban and Petry but after that there are a number of question marks and not much help incoming. Granted who knows what changes will be made, our goalie depth was the weakest point in the organization a few years back outside of Price and now management has made it one of the strongest points in a short time so clearly they see problems and address them so we'll see how they handle the future of the blueline.

If Hudon wasn't rewarded last year...why would Mac be this year?

but DLR was so it could be more about having NHL size/strength and good defensive game which McCarron has all of. Not saying he will or won't be called up as I don't know what the plan is with him or why Hudon didn't get the call and Ghetto/Thomas/DLR did despite the fact that Hudon outplayed all of them.

I figured Ghetto/Thomas would get looks at some point since both need to show something in the NHL as I don't see Ghetto clearing waivers next year and not sure that Thomas would again if he continues to play well and produce at the high rate he's done so far. But my next call up would be Hudon, he's earned it even though McCarron has been better at times. McCarron would be my next call up after that.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
If Hudon wasn't rewarded last year...why would Mac be this year?

Because McDonald's would want it so they can make more commercial using Big Mac ;):laugh:

McCarron goal in traffic around the 2:20 point. Good concentration in traffic finds the pucks and backhands it in :clap:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Because McDonald's would want it so they can make more commercial using Big Mac ;):laugh:

McCarron goal in traffic around the 2:20 point. Good concentration in traffic finds the pucks and backhands it in :clap:

How is that a backhand?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
vbn6b.gif

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Covered the 2 games in Toronto at the end of last month, he was the best player on the ice in the first game and very noticeable in the second game. He drives the net through the middle of the net so often, while playing with Hudon and Carr, he gains the zone, drops it to one and drives the net forcing both rearguards to cover him in transition. Good scoring chance ensues. He's had a very strong year, he loves going to the front of the net, he will be a hell of a player.

Funny note: while waiting for Lefebvre to interview, him and Tinordi came out to talk with some people, not sure who but both being 6'6, McCarron's upper body is bigger then Tinordi's, he's massive and Tinordi's legs are like tree stumps. No wonder he skates as well as he does.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

The words "Don't wake the Sleeping Giant" come to mind, nice to know that he takes care of those opponents that take liberties with his teammates. Hitting them with bonejarring checks works wonders too, scoring on ensuing PP's is even better!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Go Mike Go!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't they have to make sure he doesn't appear in 41 games at the NHL level this year, so they don't burn a RFA year?

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Therrien is probably salivating at the prospect of putting McCarron on the Desharnais line.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes...only if McCarron is the 3rd line center and DD is on the wing. I would have no problem with that.

More likely.

Desharnais passes to Pacioretty, Pacioretty shoots, McCarron screens the goalie / gets the rebound.

Repeat.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anybody have a reason why he is not in Montreal yet?

They probably want to get past the 41 game mark, so they don't burn a year of RFA eligibility, is my guess. I believe it's 41 games, someone please confirm.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They probably want to get past the 41 game mark, so they don't burn a year of RFA eligibility, is my guess. I believe it's 41 games, someone please confirm.

I think it changed in the last cba. RFA eligibility is now based upon pro experience. If you play 10 games in the AHL or NHL it is counted as a year. After 3 years you are rfa. SO NHL or AHl it doesn't matter i think.

For ufa it's 10 games in the NHL only (AHL doesn't count). But you are ufa after 7 years pro or at 27. So NHL or AHL it doesn't change anything for 20 years old guy as they gonna be UFA at 27 like Petry. Only for 18 and 19 it is important now as if they play 10 games they could be ufa at 25 or 26..

Could be wrong but i think it's working like that now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think it changed in the last cba. RFA eligibility is now based upon pro experience. If you play 10 games in the AHL or NHL it is counted as a year. After 3 years you are rfa. SO NHL or AHl it doesn't matter i think.

For ufa it's 10 games in the NHL only (AHL doesn't count). But you are ufa after 7 years pro or at 27. So NHL or AHL it doesn't change anything for 20 years old guy as they gonna be UFA at 27 like Petry. Only for 18 and 19 it is important now as if they play 10 games they could be ufa at 25 or 26..

Could be wrong but i think it's working like that now.

Thanks for that. So no particular detriment to the Habs if he's called up, only other guess is them wanting him to ply his trade a little longer in the AHL, in line with that Bergevin truism "no one ever complained that a prospect was left in the minors too long".

Well ... that saying was probably borne before HF. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad