Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Watched the 9-8 scoring fest against the Marlies this past Saturday. Quite excited to see him up, but he's better off in the AHL this year.

Everyone knows how big he is, but in person holy **** he's a monster

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If Montreal calls up anyone, it should be Holloway. He's solid defensively and wouldn't fall into Therrien,s doghouse right off the bat. Plus, he can provide some Offense as well.

More time in AHL will better serve McCaron's confidence and, perhaps, help avoid the habitual transition to the NHL in a 4th line role.

Hudon, as well, ought to play a full year in the AHL, dominate as he has done, and audition for a LW role from the start of next season.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
If Montreal calls up anyone, it should be Holloway. He's solid defensively and wouldn't fall into Therrien,s doghouse right off the bat. Plus, he can provide some Offense as well.

I agree, I want Holloway given a chance. He got screwed in LA and left for Sweden and dominated there. I want the Habs to give him a few games, he's got a rocket of a shot and would not look out of place in the lineup, especially one that needs a good right handed winger shot.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Knowing our coaching staff he would start on L4 while one of DSP, Flynn or Mitchell would play beside Chucky :laugh:

Our coaching staff are in on with the players with a 14-3-2 record.....if that's where they want him that's fine by me.....plus the Mitchell line is averaging over 10min of ice time per game so I'm fine by that.....nothing wrong with McCarron earning that ice time instead of it being given to him...

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Our coaching staff are in on with the players with a 14-3-2 record.....if that's where they want him that's fine by me.....plus the Mitchell line is averaging over 10min of ice time per game so I'm fine by that.....nothing wrong with McCarron earning that ice time instead of it being given to him...

Aside from the fact that he'd likely be better served playing top minutes in the AHL than 4th line time in the NHL, especially for an extended period of time.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
McCarron is a centre and they aren't going to call him up to play on the wing.

I think a year in the AHL will be good for him and he should be ready to make the jump fulltime next season.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004

I think a year in the AHL will be good for him and he should be ready to make the jump fulltime next season.

If McCarron is to be playing center in the NHL, and start as one, he's gonna have to wait more then a year to do so. I don't see the team getting rid of Plekanec, Galchenyuk or Desharnais just to accomodate him. And moving any of them to the wing is counterproductive at this point.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

not everything has to be black and white. Why can't he get called up for a few games? Why can't he play wing for a bit? Why not both positions?

Why does he have to play 70 some odd AHL games? Why can't he play half the year? Can he fill in for an injury at C? Why does he have to start next year? What if the Habs get off to a bad start? Wouldn't it be better going into the offseason if you knew how McCarron played in the NHL?

All I got are questions. And all Big Mac has is answers.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
If McCarron is to be playing center in the NHL, and start as one, he's gonna have to wait more then a year to do so. I don't see the team getting rid of Plekanec, Galchenyuk or Desharnais just to accomodate him. And moving any of them to the wing is counterproductive at this point.

they also seem to like rookies starting on the wing to "build confidence"

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I think if he keeps up the good work in the AHL he'll get two or three games as a reward. Holloway seems to have the potential to get an actual real look if he's brought up.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Aside from the fact that he'd likely be better served playing top minutes in the AHL than 4th line time in the NHL, especially for an extended period of time.

4th line is averaging over 12min a game plus I think they'd like to see McCarron's size in front of the net on the PP. Not saying it's bad that he's in St-Jonh's but 4th line in MTL is not what it used to be, either way, it's good.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
We could see him during the season for a couple of games if there is some injuries. But, I would bet on the playoffs.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
We could see him during the season for a couple of games if there is some injuries. But, I would bet on the playoffs.

With Gallagher out, do we see McCarron? I know we have Holloway for now but I'd be really disappointed if we didn't try a bunch of options and I'm pretty sure Holloway would have to pass through waivers if he plays X amount of games. Andrighetto has been pretty solid as well but we may as well try a few different options and who knows, maybe something will click.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Having Holloway already in Montreal, gives McCarron an opportunity to take on more leadership responsibilities for the IceCaps, IMHO. This can be very good for his development into that presence the Habs have foreseen when drafting the likable big lug!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Gallagher out, do we see McCarron? I know we have Holloway for now but I'd be really disappointed if we didn't try a bunch of options and I'm pretty sure Holloway would have to pass through waivers if he plays X amount of games. Andrighetto has been pretty solid as well but we may as well try a few different options and who knows, maybe something will click.

Holloway can play 9 games or less then 30 days and not have to clear waivers to go back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad