Michael McCarron - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I remember the last time a Habs prospect utterly dominated the AHL in his first season.

His name was PK Subban. 53 points in 77 games and a +46 rating.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
If we call him up, where would he play?

I don't think we should put him on RW anymore, because he has shown to be 10x better as a C. He's been a beast on face offs.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's center or bust at this point for me, he's just a much better player at that position. Playing the wing has him doing too many stop and go and breaks his momentum. Being a center allows him to use his monster reach defensively too.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
We have always dreamed of have a big talented center,we are lucky,we have one now.

I think he scored another one.

Last edited by a moderator:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I remember the last time a Habs prospect utterly dominated the AHL in his first season.

His name was PK Subban. 53 points in 77 games and a +46 rating.

wow he was a +46? that's crazy. hudon was putting up similar points near the beginning of the season last year. I still think I want to be patient with Big Mac. I don't think a call up woul hurt him though.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
wow he was a +46? that's crazy. hudon was putting up similar points near the beginning of the season last year. I still think I want to be patient with Big Mac. I don't think a call up woul hurt him though.

I don't really know the situation, so I'll approve of whatever Bergevin decides, but my instinct is to allow McCarron to keep dominating through the end of the season.

There will be a lineup issue in that McCarron at centre means Galchenyuk or Desharnais back to wing, unless there's an injury.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I don't really know the situation, so I'll approve of whatever Bergevin decides, but my instinct is to allow McCarron to keep dominating through the end of the season.

There will be a lineup issue in that McCarron at centre means Galchenyuk or Desharnais back to wing, unless there's an injury.

There you go

If one of Plekanec, Chucky or DD gets injured, I'd bring up McCarron

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
3rd in the entire league in scoring....that's impressive. Big boy is hard to contain

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Tonight's game, is not a goalers game 8-8.

Saint-John's lost in OT but BigMac finished the night with 2 Goals and 3 assists and a + 3 ,not bad for a MCBust.

Nobody talks about the next Habs superstar ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Has Mathletic shown his face in this thread yet? :laugh:

Big Mac's stellar start to his pro career vindicates Grant in so many ways and (ought to) shame many ignorant people on this board.

Seriously, though, I am eager to hear from Mathletic about Big Mac, as much as I disagreed with his opinion on Big Mac, there was always logic behind them, which cannot be said of many of Mac's detractors.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I remember how everybody said he would've slip to the second round, while a guy who follow prospects professionally told me that if the Habs want him they better take him with their first rounder.

Yeah but there was a lot of pro scouts who didnt think he was worth taking in the 1st and it was until his 2nd year with London that they changed their minds.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah but there was a lot of pro scouts who didnt think he was worth taking in the 1st and it was until his 2nd year with London that they changed their minds.

The guy who told me that was talking about the concensus, he thought that no GM would let him slip to 34. A lot of people had different ideas about McCarron, but they all knew he was going to get picked high.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
The guy who told me that was talking about the concensus, he thought that no GM would let him slip to 34. A lot of people had different ideas about McCarron, but they all knew he was going to get picked high.

Hey Im no scout I get limited viewings of Prospects up for draft at the time I remember thinking why didnt we draft him in the 2nd but you are right there are teams that wouldnt pass on that size.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So great to see him dominating, but despite that, I suspect they'll continue to be patient and let him continue his progression in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad