Michael McCarron - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Willing to bet that McCarron plays some games on the big club this year. He's already dominating in the AHL so why not call him up for a few games if their's an injury and see how he does.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Willing to bet that McCarron plays some games on the big club this year. He's already dominating in the AHL so why not call him up for a few games if their's an injury and see how he does.

With his size and skill he will get some games.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

do you even watch their game?
i mean mccarron has been good! he some flashes but calling him dominant is a big thing, i would let him finish the whole year in st-john and depending on the habs plan maybe even an other year... i mean if you wanna put him on C i would even wait an other AHL year under his belt hes still young and having top minutes will help a big guy like him! but if he has a realy good end of season and the flashes comes in more than regular basis than you can flip desharnais for picks in the offseason and play Mccarron as a 3C role and then take 2C when plekanecs contract expires, from there plekanec will almost be 36, he could sign a friendly contract and play on a 3C as a realy reliable two way center that can still put up 40points.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
do you even watch their game?
i mean mccarron has been good! he some flashes but calling him dominant is a big thing, i would let him finish the whole year in st-john and depending on the habs plan maybe even an other year... i mean if you wanna put him on C i would even wait an other AHL year under his belt hes still young and having top minutes will help a big guy like him! but if he has a realy good end of season and the flashes comes in more than regular basis than you can flip desharnais for picks in the offseason and play Mccarron as a 3C role and then take 2C when plekanecs contract expires, from there plekanec will almost be 36, he could sign a friendly contract and play on a 3C as a realy reliable two way center that can still put up 40points.

Do you even read my comment? I just said he would get called up when one of the habs forwards gets injured. And yes I watch the games once in a while and he's often the best player on the ice.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I was expecting him to do well, around 0.5p/gp. But not THAT well. Good lord.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but damn i would love to see him play with the big club this year. But that will happen only if one of our centermen get hurt.

And even then, they can put Eller back to C and call Holloway or Hudon instead.

Love what i'm seeing, young talents are doing well so far.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Again he is doing better than I expected, he will be play in the NHL next year and he might be able to replace a guy like Flynn before the end of the year, Likely that he will get the call before the playoff since there no point having him play on the 4th line right now while the habs are winning, injury free and that he able to get top minute in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I moved the discussion to the Lefebvre thread since this got way off topic from McCarron so continue it there.

On Habs Breakfast 690, they talked about if the Habs should call up McCarron. It was an interesting conversation, although it got a bit heated.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/habs-breakfast-habs-should-call-up-mccarron-1.394541

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I moved the discussion to the Lefebvre thread since this got way off topic from McCarron so continue it there.

On Habs Breakfast 690, they talked about if the Habs should call up McCarron. It was an interesting conversation, although it got a bit heated.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/habs-breakfast-habs-should-call-up-mccarron-1.394541

How old are these guys:laugh:. They sound like young siblings arguing. I certainly agree with the english guy to a certain degree. I wouldn't mind trying big Mike at RW with Galchenyuk if only for a few games. See how it works. I agree with the other english guy too wanting to bring back the EGG line.

The french guy was a goof. He had some pretty funny chirps though.

Thanks for the link.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
How old are these guys:laugh:. They sound like young siblings arguing. I certainly agree with the english guy to a certain degree. I wouldn't mind trying big Mike at RW with Galchenyuk if only for a few games. See how it works. I agree with the other english guy too wanting to bring back the EGG line.

Thanks for the link.

The biggest problem with getting EGG together is... do you really want to give Semin more icetime than what he actually has? Or put Weise on the first line?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Thanks for the link.

Martin Lemay is making such a fool of himself on these shows. Someone should let him know.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Again he is doing better than I expected, he will be play in the NHL next year and he might be able to replace a guy like Flynn before the end of the year, Likely that he will get the call before the playoff since there no point having him play on the 4th line right now while the habs are winning, injury free and that he able to get top minute in the AHL.

If Semin can't get going in the next 4-5 games, I would try McCarron with Pleks and Pacioretty for about 5 games, then if he does not work out, try Holloway.

Meanwhile, move Gallagher to the Galchenyuk line. for the next 15 games.

I think EGG will work, and hopefully one of the three of Semin, McCarron or Holloway can keep up with Pleks and Patches and provide complementary play.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Semin can't get going in the next 4-5 games, I would try McCarron with Pleks and Pacioretty for about 5 games, then if he does not work out, try Holloway.

I think EGG will work, and hopefully one of the three of Semin, McCarron or Holloway can keep up with Pleks and Patches and provide complementary play.

EGG would be required to face much stiffer competition if such a thing happens. Unless the point is to have :
- Only one line that works
- Specifically, that line.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

It seems obvious the habs want to develop McCarron as a center. Calling him up to play RW would not be good for the purpose of developing this player as a center. That's the main problem I have with calling up McCarron to play RW. But if he is the best option at RW... is it worth it ?

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Saw a few icecap games this season. McCarron's speed might get exposed at the NHL level. BUT, he is an insanely fluid skater, I'll give him that, he makes defencemen backup a lot in the AHL, not sure they'll backup that much in the NHL.

My favorite part is that he has a mean streak that shows no slowing down, love it !

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The biggest problem with getting EGG together is... do you really want to give Semin more icetime than what he actually has? Or put Weise on the first line?

Gallagher is used there to fetch pucks and crash the net... Weise can do that, DSP can probably do it, Andrighetto can do it, Eller could do it...

Why not try Eller on the right side ? He's a pro to get puck and go to the net, and that's all this line needs. Pacioretty and Plek both create their own offense and they need the puck.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I was expecting him to do well, around 0.5p/gp. But not THAT well. Good lord.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but damn i would love to see him play with the big club this year. But that will happen only if one of our centermen get hurt.

And even then, they can put Eller back to C and call Holloway or Hudon instead.

Love what i'm seeing, young talents are doing well so far.

I love it. All the comments of "once he leaves Junior, he won't be able to dominate physically and thus he'll be rendered ineffective."

Proceeds to become the 4th highest scorer in the AHL (as a rookie) as of now.

:laugh:

Everything he's shown over the last year or two would indicate he'll be more than a 4th liner. I'd be really, really disappointed if that's all he became. We need to keep developing him as an offensive, top 6 player. Maybe he stagnates, but I think he's a middle 6 forward at worst in the NHL. And don't come back with a comment that you want him to work his way up. He can do so from the 3rd line with better linemates and minutes. Or even on the 2nd line.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

The 2 arguing sounded both so childish, especially Lemay... Constantly interrupting and insulting the other guy, not letting him support his argument, let alone talk. Meanwhile Lemay barely provides any arguments.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Gallagher is used there to fetch pucks and crash the net... Weise can do that, DSP can probably do it, Andrighetto can do it, Eller could do it...

Why not try Eller on the right side ? He's a pro to get puck and go to the net, and that's all this line needs. Pacioretty and Plek both create their own offense and they need the puck.

It's a little much to suggest any of the other guys can replace Gallagher. He's our best RWer quite easily because he has a good combination of skill and grit.

The other guys however aren't quite as talented.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->