Michael McCarron - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
I could see McCarron being a 25-25 guy in the future. Also a guy you can use in multiple situations.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-McCarron; Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher; Fleischmann-Desharnais-Weise; Flynn/Byron-Mitchell-DSP

McCarron can be a similar forechecking menace as Gallagher. Only issue is he may not be quick enough to play with those guys.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He'll never see a defenseman int he NHL just let him walk around like that. The Dman even pivoted the wrong way lol.

Lol was gonna say he might just have to go through them instead as per that rush against Miller and the Bruins. Someone beat me to it.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Comme une vache? Does he eat grass? Can you imagine him ordering in a brasserie?

:laugh: The term comes from the fact that you never seem to see cows move around but then Bam! they're all the way over there.

It's also a pretty big compliment, Jean Beliveau was often described that way. He never looked fast but then Bam! he was in your zone.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Still haven't got to see him in action for the Ice Caps but his improving stats line is nice to see. Can't complain when a 6'6 guy puts up 11 pts in 14 games along with 27 PIM. Can't wait to see how well he transfers to the NHL level.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
http://gfycat.com/ScholarlyMasculineCuttlefish

What a shot. No clue why it wasn't allowed to stand as a goal though

Clearly favoritism IMHO, something I can't be accused of :laugh:. I'm so happy to see that five of my favorite players for the IceCaps scored in their 4-3 Shootout win with Hudon & Dumont in the SO, with Lernout's 1st the opener, then Morgan Ellis assisted by McCarron(a sixth favorite IceCap :laugh:) then Daniel Carr with the late game tying goal. Another plug for Nikita Scherbak, keep working hard it won't be long before you're in Montreal, the harder you work the faster it will seem!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: In case you don't realize Scherbak & the rest of the IceCaps are my favorites TOO!!!

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Let McCarron continue his great development...better for him, better for our Habs (longer/better NHL career).

Big Mike should aim for the 2017 playoffs (90%)...this way he'll have TWO AHL seasons under his belt. Or, he can aim for the 2018 playoffs (100%). For the upcoming 2016 playoffs...I'd say 50/50 or less (only if we have many injuries...only).

Charles Hudon might be more ready for the 2016 playoffs
(and maybe DLR, but I'd prefer DLR stay in the NHL to keep working on his offensive game).

Go Big Mike Go!!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Clearly favoritism IMHO, something I can't be accused of :laugh:. I'm so happy to see that five of my favorite players for the IceCaps scored in their 4-3 Shootout win with Hudon & Dumont in the SO, with Lernout's 1st the opener, then Morgan Ellis assisted by McCarron(a sixth favorite IceCap :laugh:) then Daniel Carr with the late game tying goal. Another plug for Nikita Scherbak, keep working hard it won't be long before you're in Montreal, the harder you work the faster it will seem!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: In case you don't realize Scherbak & the rest of the IceCaps are my favorites TOO!!!

I love your posts. :nod:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Let McCarron continue his great development...better for him, better for our Habs (longer/better NHL career).

Big Mike should aim for the 2017 playoffs (90%)...this way he'll have TWO AHL seasons under his belt. Or, he can aim for the 2018 playoffs (100%). For the upcoming 2016 playoffs...I'd say 50/50 or less (only if we have many injuries...only).

Charles Hudon might be more ready for the 2016 playoffs
(and maybe DLR, but I'd prefer DLR stay in the NHL to keep working on his offensive game).

Go Big Mike Go!!

I'm assuming you mean AHL?

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
Never heard the 'il se promène comme une vache' expression
but i like it.. its like he doesnt care whos on D.

À chacun son métier, et les vaches seront bien gardées (that one if for MT!)
Parler français comme une vache espagnole (well that one is for MT too..)
Pleuvoir comme vache qui pisse (...!)
Les vaches regardent passer les trains, les bœufs regardent passer les chars.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
:laugh: The term comes from the fact that you never seem to see cows move around but then Bam! they're all the way over there.

It's also a pretty big compliment, Jean Beliveau was often described that way. He never looked fast but then Bam! he was in your zone.
I saw Béliveau when he was a rookie. What impressed me about his skating was how smooth it was. He used a flat blade and had a deadly backhand shot even from 10 or 15 feet out. On defense he didn't so much bash opponents as smother them. In those days forwards were a lot smaller than they are today. The Habs had a rookie (I think his name was Guy Robert) who seemed to be about 5'3". He didn't last.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Having such talented players in the AHL, guys like McCarron, is maybe pushing some guys on the big club to work hard to keep their jobs. It must be tough for DLR after having such a taste of the big time. We have some of the best depth in the league and the funny thing is that a good portion of our NHL guys we have picked up are throwaways.

Davebo*

Having such talented players in the AHL, guys like McCarron, is maybe pushing some guys on the big club to work hard to keep their jobs. It must be tough for DLR after having such a taste of the big time. We have some of the best depth in the league and the funny thing is that a good portion of our NHL guys we have picked up are throwaways.

It works both ways, maybe, having those throwaways. The youngsters coming up know they have to work extra hard to crack the lineup. The ones that are excelling in the minors are the keepers. The ones treating it like a dead-end job are likely to remain there.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Could trade some prospects for immediate help. At some point, not saying now

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I saw Béliveau when he was a rookie. What impressed me about his skating was how smooth it was. He used a flat blade and had a deadly backhand shot even from 10 or 15 feet out. On defense he didn't so much bash opponents as smother them. In those days forwards were a lot smaller than they are today. The Habs had a rookie (I think his name was Guy Robert) who seemed to be about 5'3" He didn't last.

Maybe the guys name was Guy Desharnais :sarcasm:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm assuming you mean AHL?

Yup, my mistake...I meant to write AHL (and not NHL).
''Imo, DLR should continue developing his offensive game in the AHL....''

And, McCarron...maybe we'll see him for the 2017 playoffs or 2018 playoffs. Imo, the only way we'll see him in the 2016 playoffs is if we have many injuries.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yup, my mistake...I meant to write AHL (and not NHL).
''Imo, DLR should continue developing his offensive game in the AHL....''

And, McCarron...maybe we'll see him for the 2017 playoffs or 2018 playoffs. Imo, the only way we'll see him in the 2016 playoffs is if we have many injuries.

McCarron with a 4 point night so far tonight. 16 points in 16 games may be ready well before the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad