Player Discussion Michael Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
im glad that we signed him for all of the aforementioned reasons. I am also happy that NYR now have a tattoo enthusiast on the roster. Haha.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Can someone explain to me how this guy is going to get a spot on our opening night roster? He has been completely underwhelming the entire pre season and is basically another black hole on offense.

Hooray he has speed...Sjostrom part 2.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Can someone explain to me how this guy is going to get a spot on our opening night roster? He has been completely underwhelming the entire pre season and is basically another black hole on offense.

Well, there is a chance we go with 14 forwards. Kreider, Zibanegod, Buchnevich, Pirri, Stepan, Nash, Vesey, Hayes, Miller, Zuccarello, Fast, Jooris, Grabner, Jooris.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
penalty killing is huge...

as long as fasth keeps killing penalties we will suck at it...

grabner has a spot imho.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
i gotta be honest...if i was the coach...id be VERY tempted to keep Nieves on the team with the way he played last night.

Eh, I wouldn't. He is still pretty raw, definitely needs some seasoning in the AHL but I wouldn't object to a callup for a cup of tea by the end of the season.

Plus to be honest, his name sounds way too much like Buchnevich so you have to think for a second when they are talking about one of them :laugh:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
his decline started long before he got to the leafs. picking up a player that doesn't have a spot on a last place team is not a good sign

I don't disagree about his decline but last place teams are last place teams in part because they don't evaluate talent well

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
A player like Grabner is going to get more time to "stand out" in a positive way. He'll probably get 15-20 games before the organization even thinks about replacing him. And if he helps stabilize the penalty kill, he'll probably have a job next year too.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
A player like Grabner is going to get more time to "stand out" in a positive way. He'll probably get 15-20 games before the organization even thinks about replacing him. And if he helps stabilize the penalty kill, he'll probably have a job next year too.

Exactly. He's a vet. He's on a 2-year contract. He meets a need from an expansion draft POV. Yes, he's new to the team, but he gets the benefit of the doubt almost as much as any of the guys who've been here for 3-4 years. The only way he'd lose his gig is if he got absolutely blown out of the water by multiple other players who fill the same role, and that didn't happen.

viggen

Mar 22, 2013
Carinthia

yeah explain... ;)

....best signing (so far) of the year :)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't know how anyone couldn't be happy with him so far. He's scoring goals--putting up really nice offense and he's helped to improve the PK. I figured he'd be an excellent addition to the PK--I wasn't expecting much as far as offense. Stalberg wasn't bad but Grabner is much much better.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you're ever wondering after 3-4 preseason games what a player has done to earn a roster spot, the first place I would check is the rest of their NHL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad