Player Discussion Michael Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
17 goals and 3 assists. LOL! He's a pure goalscorer alright. That's a crazy stat chars, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Usually it's the other way around, 3 goals and 17 assists from some pure playmaker like Adam Oates, or a defenseman.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
EN goals are sometimes harder to get than regular goals. I think a goal is a goal. I see players get robbed all game from a goalie, have like 6 SOG, and then get awarded with an EN goal.

Only thing that annoys me with EN goals is when a player makes a bonehead play by causing an icing trying to shoot for the EN and misses. This, when your team is up by only one goal, with plenty of time left on the clock for the other team to even things up.

I think what impresses me the most with Grabner is he is scoring these goals with no PP time. Granted not everyone can succeed on a PP, where as a lot of players actually do depend on them to score.

Excellent point to be noted. I can't recall EVER, a time when Grabs took an icing by inexplicably shooting for the EN in a selfish way. It has "always been" done by his hard work or even a fortunate block that has sprung him with no chance for icing. He gets kudos for his "intelligence" in that manner. Love Grabs. He is every bit of important to this team as some of our so called "favorites".

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
17 goals and 3 assists. LOL! He's a pure goalscorer alright. That's a crazy stat chars, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Usually it's the other way around, 3 goals and 17 assists from some pure playmaker like Adam Oates, or a defenseman.
McD has ZERO goals and 18 assists. He is a pure assist man. Although he almost got one the other night.....and I'm calling him to get one vs Debbie's, right after we get a shortie. Lol.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We could probably say that about other guys as well (Zucc) but the question is whether this team will move these guys while they are in the hunt and while Hank is still here.

I agree, and those are going to be some of the harder decisions the Rangers are going to have to make.

It's (somewhat) easy to agree that we are okay with moving guys like Grabner or Nash or Desharnais.

It's another matter to see how we feel about names like Zucc and others.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Excellent point to be noted. I can't recall EVER, a time when Grabs took an icing by inexplicably shooting for the EN in a selfish way. It has "always been" done by his hard work or even a fortunate block that has sprung him with no chance for icing. He gets kudos for his "intelligence" in that manner. Love Grabs. He is every bit of important to this team as some of our so called "favorites".

Yeah good point. It's why I mentioned that , I have never seen him do that and it was because of his hard work to get to center ice and not risk an icing. Some other players have tried to shoot from their own zone. It's a risk but if they score, game is sealed.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
We had somebody not long ago who had something crazy like that on a prior team.

Just checked, Pirri with 22 goals and 2 assists in 49 games with the Panthers

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I agree, and those are going to be some of the harder decisions the Rangers are going to have to make.

It's (somewhat) easy to agree that we are okay with moving guys like Grabner or Nash or Desharnais.

I hate to quote Brooks. Zucc is considered a "Blueblood". Nash and Grabs came from outside. I still have a spot in my feelz for Dubinsky, Cally, Anisimov, etc.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

It used to be a fairly rare sight to have someone score more goals than assists, with maybe some of your higher end goal scorers being closer to 50/50.

It seems like in recent years the game has evolved so that a lot of goal scorers don't really rack up the assists like they used to. It also seems like playmakers, especially centers, don't score the goals like they used to.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet

You two, maybe... I'm not as keen on moving one of the fastest players with .5 GPG under 2M for anything but a top-10 pick or top center, which we won't get. Trading Grabner prior to the TDL might be one of the dumber moves they've made in the last decade.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet

I think Pacioretty has been near it as well. EDIT: guess not... but I swear I recall mid-seasons where he had like 20-8 or so.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
You two, maybe... I'm not as keen on moving one of the fastest players with .5 GPG under 2M for anything but a top-10 pick or top center, which we won't get. Trading Grabner prior to the TDL might be one of the dumber moves they've made in the last decade.

I'd say letting him walk for nothing when he commands a significantly higher salary, which he almost certainly will, and when we're not realistically a team that is going to challenge this season, would be far worse asset management.

But I'm not really considering a move prior to the TDL, unless I am absolutely blown away. However, I'd definitely consider it at the TDL.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It used to be a fairly rare sight to have someone score more goals than assists, with maybe some of your higher end goal scorers being closer to 50/50.

It seems like in recent years the game has evolved so that a lot of goal scorers don't really rack up the assists like they used to. It also seems like playmakers, especially centers, don't score the goals like they used to.

Yeah i noticed this as well. I mean hell, even Alex Ovechkin during his peak had seasons where he would score 50 goals and 50+ assists. He can still hit 50 goals but his assists are down to like the 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad