Player Discussion Michael Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I would have rather had Stalberg back for this money but not terrible.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
PKing and speed. Chip in some offense. Hard not to like.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's good on the PK because he gets on top of the point men really fast and if he gets behind them it's off to the races. If he could finish some of those breakaways though....that's the problem.

Rangers forwards did not pressure the points hard enough last year when they were killing penalties. Losing Hagelin hurt our PK a lot. This signing hopefully helps to rectify that at least a bit.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
If you need a scouting report... he's fast and good at PKing... has zero finish. Doesn't know anything other than shooting the puck into the goalie's crest. He'll get a million breakaways throughout the year and he'll probably only convert 2. Worst breakaway conversion rate I've ever seen.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If you need a scouting report... he's fast and good at PKing... has zero finish. Doesn't know anything other than shooting the puck into the goalie's crest. He'll get a million breakaways throughout the year and he'll probably only convert 2. Worst breakaway conversion rate I've ever seen.

Oh we are used to that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Honestly, I wouldn't be looking to him for goal scoring. The speed among the Rangers PKing forwards last year was pretty bad.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
From the GDT thread...

Guessing he pushes Fast to the 4th line as it stands now:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Step - Miller
Lindberg - Hayes - Grabner
? - ? - Fast
Glass

Obviously Lindberg is out to start the year, but when healthy I imagine it looks like that.

Terms are good. Solid deal.

Grabners HERO chart has him as a 4th liner.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/H5W2639ND?:display_count=yes

Very possible that Buch starts on line 3, Grabner on line 4. I'm OK With that. do not want Fast in the top 9

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Nash-Brassard-Miller
X-Hayes-Buchnevich
Grabner-X-Fast

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
I've actually wanted grabner on the team for a while now. really like this pickup. he's got speed for days and maybe can even become a 20g scorer again like he was with the islanders.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hoping this is the beginning of a speedy fourth line. Curious if him and Boo would have any chemistry. That type of fourth line killed them in the 2012 ECF and of course the first round this year.

What I like about Grabner is he can play 2nd or 3rd line in a pinch. He's not one dimensional despite little finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille