Mets/Yankees Thread

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Wow the Mets strike to keep him from the Yanks...
They need another Starter like the Dem's need Mueller to do another Deposition lol
They need some Bullpen help instead.
Brody Van-Halen strikes again!

Last edited:

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I have a feeling that the Mets aren’t done yet. Syndergaard or Wheeler still might get dealt.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I like the trade for Stroman. Kay and Woods-Richardson are no sure deals to be starters(both are good but still question marks). I would love to finish this year and go into next season with deGrom, Stroman, Thor and Matz as the top 4.
On a side note I have video of my son getting a hit of Stroman's younger brother and also striking him out the next inning in a u12 game at baseball heaven. His little bro is quite the player also.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If I was running the Mets, and if they could extend Wheeler to a reasonable deal, I would keep him and Syndergaard and look to deal Matz. Shop Matz for a couple arms for the bullpen and fix that problem. I know Matz is a lefty but I am not a fan of the guy and don't know if he is ever going to figure it out.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Mets just traded Vargas to the Freaking Phillies?
Oh sure, they won't trade with the Yankees but they will trade to a division rival?
Brody Van-Halen strikes again!!!!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Did you see the picture of Stroman as a kid wearing a Mets jacket?

"Deja vu all over again", to quote Yogi Berra.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Buster Olney said that Brodie is asking for Jackie Bradley Jr. or Andrew Benintendi from the Red Sox in exchange for Diaz.

Brodie is high if he thinks he can get Benintendi for Diaz lol.

Then he should keep Diaz. It makes zero sense to trade him as he is under team control for another couple of years. It seems like the Mets GM is stuck in agent mode and thinks he can f*** with the market.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Buster Olney said that Brodie is asking for Jackie Bradley Jr. or Andrew Benintendi from the Red Sox in exchange for Diaz.

Brodie is high if he thinks he can get Benintendi for Diaz lol.

A deal built around Diaz for Benintendi could work, but the Mets would clearly have to offer more to offset the disparity.

If he wasn't hurt, I could see Dom Smith included, which I assume would let the Red Sox play Chavis at 2B and Holt in the OF and around the rest of the field more.

Or JD Davis, who could play in the OF (offsetting the loss of Benintendi some) and back up Devers at 3B. Although I think Davis should be given the opportunity to be the starting 3B for the Mets once Frazier is moved.

Otherwise you have to get creative and/or get a third team involved.

I have almost zero interest in Bradley, unless he is traded for a lesser part like Justin Wilson.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Islanders, Mets, Jets, Knicks...

Thank god I have the Giants.
Even though the Jets have long since vacated, I still consider them part of a core troika of LI based teams (ok,not technically but you know what I'm saying) that were all established within 10 years of each other, had there greatest success within their first 10 years and then have pretty much sucked ever since (Miracle of '86 notwithstanding). I guess you could throw the Nets in there too, though come on, talk about an afterthought franchise. Did they ever even win an ABA championship? I can't remember (but then again, why would I?).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad