Mets/Yankees Thread

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Could not find the last one, so I started this one

How about the opening day show by the Mets. Fired the bad manager in Collins and a new manager in place and the team looks and feels different right away, can't get too carried away as the Mets are 37-12 on opening day but they looked much different.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I am hopeful for the Mets because i feel not even they can be as depressing as this years islanders. Honestly just feels good to have a different team to follow right now, its genuinely relieving . f*** SNOW f*** WEIGHT f*** LEDEDCKY f*** THIS TEAM

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I am hopeful for the Mets because i feel not even they can be as depressing as this years islanders. Honestly just feels good to have a different team to follow right now. **** SNOW **** WEIGHT **** LEDEDCKY **** THIS TEAM

It shows if you hire someone that was groomed by a great leader (Francona), that you get results

I will say it right now... the x factor for the Mets is Plawecki... if he can become a .280 hitting catcher that can throw out runners, it changes a lot

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
It shows if you hire someone that was groomed by a great leader (Francona), that you get results

I will say it right now... the x factor for the Mets is Plawecki... if he can become a .280 hitting catcher that can throw out runners, it changes a lot

Him becoming a .280 catcher would be awesome but im not hopeful. having Rosario lead off followed by Conforto,Cespedes,Bruce is a really good top 4. Bottom half of the lineup is still lacking a bit

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
It was refreshing to see the Mets get base knocks and cash in runs with clutch two out hitting.

As mentioned before the catching position is the X factor, if either TDA or Plawecki can be even serviceable in front and behind the plate it would do wonders.

Oh and that health thing. But we got rid of Ray Ramirez so I'm already hopeful!

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Him becoming a .280 catcher would be awesome but im not hopeful. having Rosario lead off followed by Conforto,Cespedes,Bruce is a really good top 4. Bottom half of the lineup is still lacking a bit

I think Nimmo is going to be here to stay as leadoff hitter, Rosario is better bottom of order to drive in runs, my guess is that Bruce will be at first base as soon as Gonzo fades. Gonzo looked good today

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland

My 3 keys to success for the Mets this year:
1-Health- no need to expand on this
2-Some of the young kids stepping up(Plawecki, Rosario, and Nimmo who I think has the potential to be a mini-Dykstra lead off type guy) I don't consider Conforto a kid as he has already proven he can play in the bigs. d'Arnaud has been here to long to be considered a kid and I think you have scene what you will get with him. Still am hopeful TJ Rivera will be a clone of Murphy/Turner when he gets back(possibly the 2nd base answer for the Mets).
3-Will the team 'gel?' That comes down to Callaway as a coach. He has said and done all the right things so far so I am hopeful.

Reactions: majormet

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
My 3 keys to success for the Mets this year:
1-Health- no need to expand on this
2-Some of the young kids stepping up(Plawecki, Rosario, and Nimmo who I think has the potential to be a mini-Dykstra lead off type guy) I don't consider Conforto a kid as he has already proven he can play in the bigs. d'Arnaud has been here to long to be considered a kid and I think you have scene what you will get with him. Still am hopeful TJ Rivera will be a clone of Murphy/Turner when he gets back(possibly the 2nd base answer for the Mets).
3-Will the team 'gel?' That comes down to Callaway as a coach. He has said and done all the right things so far so I am hopeful.

This is spot on... I do like TJ Rivera a lot too and Cabrera could be just warming his spot right now.

Nimmo reminds me of Hunter Pence

Reactions: PROMputt

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
The difference between the Mets and Yankees is that the Yankees have a winning history, and the Yankees and their fans can take first game dominance as a sign of things to come. The Mets are the Islanders of baseball, you can never be sure about anything until the check is written, deposited, and cleared.

I'm one of those sinner baseball fans who roots for both the Mets and Yankees.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The difference between the Mets and Yankees is that the Yankees have a winning history, and the Yankees and their fans can take first game dominance as a sign of things to come. The Mets are the Islanders of baseball, you can never be sure about anything until the check is written, deposited, and cleared.

That is mighty sinful of you, can't do it... I hate the Yankees blame it on Steinbrenner or Reggie Jackson, not sure LOL

Mets are a lot like the Isles, except that the Mets can attract talent to their team and hire reasonable people at times... Isles can't lure FA's at the right price nor can they hire a real coach

Reactions: TavHoSang

PROMputt

Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland

Not only do I hate the Yankees I hate their fans. I don't care if they are my best friends, during baseball season they are dead to me. Same with the Rangers and Ranger fans!

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
That is mighty sinful of you, can't do it... I hate the Yankees blame it on Steinbrenner or Reggie Jackson, not sure LOL

Mets are a lot like the Isles, except that the Mets can attract talent to their team and hire reasonable people at times... Isles can't lure FA's at the right price nor can they hire a real coach

It's my understanding that chicks love the rebel. I just have to figure out that other thing I'm doing wrong.

Reactions: majormet

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Not only do I hate the Yankees I hate their fans. I don't care if they are my best friends, during baseball season they are dead to me. Same with the Rangers and Ranger fans!

Maybe we can find a way to be friends. And maybe I can find a way to live in your eyes.

The way I see it, the Yankees and Mets aren't true rivals. They're not competing for the same pennant. When push comes to shove, I do root for the Yankees. The only exception would be that if the Yankees were way out of the race (which won't happen soon) or way ahead of the race (may happen this year) and the Mets need the win to help them win the pennant... unless a win would help the Yankees set a new MLB wins record.

Perhaps, I'm more dead to you now and you're just enjoying the expenses of my funeral.

Reactions: PROMputt

PROMputt

Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Maybe we can find a way to be friends. And maybe I can find a way to live in your eyes.

The way I see it, the Yankees and Mets aren't true rivals. They're not competing for the same pennant. When push comes to shove, I do root for the Yankees. The only exception would be that if the Yankees were way out of the race (which won't happen soon) or way ahead of the race (may happen this year) and the Mets need the win to help them win the pennant... unless a win would help the Yankees set a new MLB wins record.

Perhaps, I'm more dead to you now and you're just enjoying the expenses of my funeral.

LOL you're an Islander fan, exceptions can be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: TavHoSang

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
watching the Met game I am pretty sure I see Beauvillier, Pelech and Mayfield(decked out in Cards gear) sitting front row behind home plate

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
hmm, pretty sure Beavulier is 20 year old and he is downing a 24 ounce Bud Light, also think that is Davidson there as well

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
watching the Met game I am pretty sure I see Beauvillier, Pelech and Mayfield(decked out in Cards gear) sitting front row behind home plate

Yupp, they were all there. Evidence can be seen at Davidson's instagram.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad